Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Throw Me A Kaminari Bone?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2005, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think the reason it look rice its because the diamond badge is gone and the mesh is white...reminds me of many many honda civic body kits
Old Feb 27, 2005, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks to everyone for their responses! I finally ordered this kit on Friday (Feb 25). I'll post pics when it comes in. Feldguy...Did you get yours mounted yet? I'm curious to see some more pics.
Old Feb 27, 2005, 09:05 PM
Evolved Member

No I have not. Snows been tearing apart my already beaten front bumper, so Im waiting until the spring. The quality on this thing is TOP notch bro...best of luck.
Old Mar 2, 2005, 04:17 AM
Evolved Member

Feldguy, thanks for the response and all the info. I hear you on the snow thing...This road salt is really pissing me off. Thankfully, mine's been in the shop since January, so I managed to miss a lot of this crap. Anyways, I'm probably about two weeks out from getting everything installed. I'll post pics. Can't wait. Later, Bro!
Old Mar 2, 2005, 02:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Here are a few pics of the Kaminari kit on my WW RS. I have their carbon wing, Varis fenders and a VIS trunk too.
Attached Thumbnails Throw Me A Kaminari Bone?-dscf0154.jpg   Throw Me A Kaminari Bone?-dscf0156.jpg   Throw Me A Kaminari Bone?-dscf0160.jpg   Throw Me A Kaminari Bone?-dscf0162.jpg  
Old Mar 2, 2005, 02:54 PM
Evolving Member

Wow, that is a lot of action going on with that kit on the WW. Looks aggressive - not my cup of tea, but I like the effort and individualism. Probably going to get flamed, but I like the spoiler that comes with the kit (without the carbon insert). Seems to go with the car alright. Right in the middle of the factory options.
Old Mar 4, 2005, 07:38 AM
Evolved Member

BillAce...Your Evo is tight! Thanks for the pics. The extra flares on the side are a little much for me, but I dig your efforts to be an individual. The custom paint scheme on the rear spoiler is freakin' sweet. It goes with the overall look perfectly! Props to you. Thanks for the pics, too. It's awesome to see it in different colors. How was the fit on the CF hood? I've heard some horror stories of it not fitting well, but Kaminari seems to be a solid company making good-fitting parts. Thanks again, bro!
Old Mar 4, 2005, 03:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
THose are Varis Fenders w/ the carbon covers. The wind is a Kaminari item too. You can get it with the carbon top or all fiberglass. The hood fit and finish was perfect! It was so superior to the VIS trunk. The overall quality of Kaminari was excellent, my body guy said it was the best fitting kit he's done and needed very little prep work.
Old Mar 5, 2005, 05:35 PM
Evolved Member

Good to hear on all of that.^ Mine should be in next week... can't wait. Thanks for all the info. Everyone's been really awesome with this thread!
Old Mar 6, 2005, 04:02 PM
Evolved Member

Mine is being painted and the springs are going in along with my new I/C and piping, plus a sway bar as soon as I get a warm day. I'll post pics as soon as I get a chance.
Old Mar 7, 2005, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

I can't wait to see the pics, Feldguy. If everything stays on schedule for me, I should be looking at getting everything completed by the end of next week, at the latest. We'll see, though. I was supposed to have her back by March 1st...needless to say, that didn't happen.
Old Mar 7, 2005, 01:32 PM
Evolving Member

If anyone puts this kit on their evo, they are a ricer, plain and simple. I am sorry if the truth hurts but I like to tell it how it is. These kind of kits are for kids and immature adults who are still stuck in the honda-2fast2furious-carshow phase. The kind of people who insist of making their car outlandish and darn right tacky as possible. The evo is NOT intended for this kind of styling and if you think you are trying to be different by putting this crap on your car, think again and wake up from that state of denial that you are in.
Old Mar 9, 2005, 05:17 AM
Evolved Member

looks like a civic
Old Mar 9, 2005, 05:25 AM
Evolved Member

This kit isn't so bad...I don't think.
I'm not a "show" guy, but it seems like everyone and their mother is getting C West kits this year.
This kit's a little bit different, but I don't think it's any more ricey than the stock front bumper.
Old Mar 9, 2005, 05:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoDriven
If anyone puts this kit on their evo, they are a ricer, plain and simple. I am sorry if the truth hurts but I like to tell it how it is. These kind of kits are for kids and immature adults who are still stuck in the honda-2fast2furious-carshow phase. The kind of people who insist of making their car outlandish and darn right tacky as possible. The evo is NOT intended for this kind of styling and if you think you are trying to be different by putting this crap on your car, think again and wake up from that state of denial that you are in.
Who pissed in your Cherios? The Evo IS intended to represent the personality of it's owner. That's totally cool if this kit's not for you...and I completely respect you for knowing that. I actually happen to agree with you after seeing it on the blue ricer, but it's more solid without lame-*ss graphics.

Quick Reply: Throw Me A Kaminari Bone?