Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Throw Me A Kaminari Bone?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2005, 05:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The kit looks like all the civics I see with body kits, honestly
Old Mar 14, 2005, 04:41 PM
Evolved Member

The only mods I see to Civics in my area are the all-too-common fart cans! Several people have said it looks like a Civic kit, so it must be true. Wait until you see pics of mine before you throw this kit to the Civic ricers!
Old Mar 18, 2005, 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

I am fricken pissed. I finally checked back with Vivid Racing today to find out where my kit is. I have an invoice date of Feb 25, 2005. I was told by Jacky that the kit would arrive in three days, with an expected arrival of two weeks ago. I finally called Vivid today to learn that they have processed and deposited the check, however never bothered sending out the kit or hood. The manager told me there was no explanation for the delay, but he'll do me a favor and send the kit in three days. Wow! Three days? Don't do me any favors! That's what Jacky was going to do for me when he was going to ship it out right away. Just a word of warning to others...This is my first order through Vivid Racing, and likely my last. Throw me a Vivid Racing bone here...Seriously.
Old Mar 18, 2005, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

Now that I have that off my chest, the kit is due in on Wednesday (March 23), provided they can find the freight door from which to ship it. It will probably be at least another three f*cking weeks before I get the car back. I'll post pics as soon as I have something to take pics of.
Old Mar 18, 2005, 02:59 PM
Evolved Member

Just whatever you do, do not put chrome mesh on that kit when you get it.

Other than that, I think if all the people here would've seen it originally on a car besides the blue ricemobile, with black mesh, then there's no problem with it.

I think both with black mesh, detail for detail, the C-West or Gialla is on par with its riceness. I really don't see what separates the other kits from the "you're a ricer" category, and what puts this one IN it.

I honestly think it's all in the chrome mesh. Chrome mesh can make any car look ricey.
Old Mar 19, 2005, 06:20 AM
Evolved Member

^Well said. I completely agree and I suppose my lack of understanding on why people are so negative about this kit is largely due to the fact that I can see the potential for this to look clean, given it does not have the fugly mesh on it.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 03:24 PM
Evolved Member

The kit and hood came in yesterday. I took the CF hood to another guy who does a lot of work with imports and Cf hoods. Besides having the box almost completely blow out of the back of my bro's truck, all went well (after changing my pants). The quality of the hood is incredible. This guy's been working with Carbon Fiber for a long time, and said this is undoubtedly the best quality hood he's seen! I'll post pics when my car's done.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 04:12 PM
Evolved Member

This might help anyone with questions: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=128985
Old Apr 13, 2005, 04:26 PM
Evolved Member

I finally pulled the car from the shop that had it, seeing as they did not complete any work for several weeks (unbenknownced to me). I'm still about a week out of completing the car with another shop, but as promised, I will post pics here when it's done.
Old Apr 27, 2005, 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

I'm set back another week-and-a-half so the guy can repaint the entire car. I'm never going to get it back!!! I'll still post pics for anyone who may still be interested.
Old Jun 3, 2005, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

I finally got her on and set. Check out this link to see the final, hot pics...

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=142345