Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Hey i have hard time to Choose color

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2005, 04:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Hey i have hard time to Choose color

Im plan to get Evo 9 in Oct-Nov that when they are relase out.
Owner of dealership say no MR edition on Evo 9s.. he say that Evo 9 would be same like MRs...

I love black colors.. But i never own Black before.. It hard to Care? Wash Weekly? Waxes Weekly? Swirl noticeable or Stratch noticeable too?

2nd choose is Graphic Gray if they Have on Evo 9.. if not i will pick Silver... I own Oz rally Silver and i know what Silver look like..

I love wash and wax.. I work at Lexus.. I know Black is hard.. But I want your Option about Black.. how to Care? Wax will make Swirl gone?

Thanks Guys
Old Feb 11, 2005, 05:29 PM
Evolving Member

black would be awesome get black and then get hyper black rims with polished lip
Old Feb 11, 2005, 05:37 PM
Evolving Member

see if you get a black one (I think it's really nice color, I want to get that color too) the only thing I am worried about is in summer, I could roast a freaking chicken in there....
Old Feb 11, 2005, 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

I have a black evo 8 now but im planning on getting a white evo9 if that tells you anything.
Old Feb 11, 2005, 05:45 PM
Evolving Member

i got a silver one eventhough the dealer had black available, but i asked for silver and waited another week. i like it cause it's a nice classy color with flakes in it. it looks much cleaner compared to black in the winter time and overall dirt is masked well. didn't want "pull me over red" eventhough i think it looks good, just like black. also on black you won't see as much detail in the body lines and grill. i think evo looks good in all but yellow, no offense to anyone, but it looks ricey imo. just get what you think look hottest
Old Feb 11, 2005, 06:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Black Evo 9 will look sexy, no doubt about it.
Old Feb 11, 2005, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

Black car = hard to see at night. If you like it a lot go with it. If you want a car that looks better while dirty it's good for that.
Old Feb 11, 2005, 06:27 PM
Evolved Member

white
Old Feb 11, 2005, 07:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
electric blue 9......wow!!!!!
Old Feb 11, 2005, 07:16 PM
Evolved Member

I would ask the dealer (or better yet someone who actually knows) if the different colors are single-stage or base/clear.
Old Feb 11, 2005, 07:22 PM
Evolving Member

my celica is black dude, with black leather and black limo tint.....and i live in florida, believe me, u sit in ur car with no shirt on your going to say ouch. plus the cleaning factor on it, gotta keep black clean. black is an awesome color, my favorite at night, but if i would of known what black does to you, id go with another color just my opinion.
Old Feb 11, 2005, 08:43 PM
Evolved Member

Black is an ellegant color, and shines like no other color
Old Feb 11, 2005, 10:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hanahawaiian
Im plan to get Evo 9 in Oct-Nov that when they are relase out.
Owner of dealership say no MR edition on Evo 9s.. he say that Evo 9 would be same like MRs...

I love black colors.. But i never own Black before.. It hard to Care? Wash Weekly? Waxes Weekly? Swirl noticeable or Stratch noticeable too?

2nd choose is Graphic Gray if they Have on Evo 9.. if not i will pick Silver... I own Oz rally Silver and i know what Silver look like..

I love wash and wax.. I work at Lexus.. I know Black is hard.. But I want your Option about Black.. how to Care? Wax will make Swirl gone?

Thanks Guys
not sure if the 9s will come with the gg color. i cant see why not, it sold wonders for the mr.

black is a great color. it will just take more effort on your part to keep it looking good.

btw. what is that picture of in your avatar?
Old Feb 11, 2005, 10:14 PM
Evolved Member

That pic my Avatar is Oz deck lid with wing.... Silver... Yeah But im Live Wettest State Washington!! it rainy alot and Cold, sometime Summertime like 60s to 80s it not hot as Hawaii.. I went Hawaii alot.. Im thinkin about Black Evo with Black Tints and Volks racing rims black or Black with Chorme lip.. yummy

Thanks for feedback! I have best wax.. Meguire NXT wax i think it would work on Black
Old Feb 12, 2005, 03:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hanahawaiian
That pic my Avatar is Oz deck lid with wing.... Silver... Yeah But im Live Wettest State Washington!! it rainy alot and Cold, sometime Summertime like 60s to 80s it not hot as Hawaii.. I went Hawaii alot.. Im thinkin about Black Evo with Black Tints and Volks racing rims black or Black with Chorme lip.. yummy

Thanks for feedback! I have best wax.. Meguire NXT wax i think it would work on Black
I have a black Evo, it definitely shows swirls more than like, a white one would, but I use Meguiars NXT wax too and it works awesome!!! Makes the swirls hardly noticeable.