Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Anyone seen these ebay lips???

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2005, 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
$90 shipping wtf? no wonder it's only listed at $290
Old Apr 1, 2005, 12:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Whoosh
In an earlier post you said you were "happy with mine". How can that be when you haven't even installed it yet? The bottom line is fittment! "If it doesn't fit you must...." oh, sorry, wrong case.
God you people b!tch too much. With the lip sitting in front of me, I'm happy with it so far. It will be going on this weekend so I'll let you whinners know when I'm done with it.

The point of this lip to me is its a cheaper alternative than the DoLuck lip and still looks good for the cash. I wouldn't feel so bad if something happened to this lip than if I had the real DoLuck. My car is driven everyday on the highway so something is bound to happen. Instead of complaining about the lip, buy the real one if you must. I could have bought the "real" one if I wanted to, but decided to use the extra money saved to buy a EVC-V.
Old Apr 1, 2005, 12:10 PM
Evolving Member

ive had horrible experiences with fiber glass. my trd bumper is fiber glass, a guy backed into me going slower then idle speed, and it was detroyed. that wouldnt survive on a daily driver, a blade of grass flying around on the interstate would put a hole or crack into it....
Old Apr 1, 2005, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ev0 loo shun
ive had horrible experiences with fiber glass. my trd bumper is fiber glass, a guy backed into me going slower then idle speed, and it was detroyed. that wouldnt survive on a daily driver, a blade of grass flying around on the interstate would put a hole or crack into it....
this is true in many cases, but if it is a good quality fiberglass and has a good thickness to it then it should hold up. having something fiberglass on the front of your car can cause many headaches but if it is taken care of and is of good quality then you should have no problems. look at kits like the cwest for example, a great fitting peice and thick, a bumper like that is made to withstand some beating. i am not saying that a fiberglass piece is better than a urethane or abs because those peices would be a much better idea, all i am saying is if it is put together correctly and maintained then it should do what it is made to do.
Old Apr 1, 2005, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

Well....if it helps, this lip is very rigid and thick. I don't see why people are making such a big stink about this. More than half the Evo's on this board with aftermarket front BUMPERS are probably fiberglass.
Old Apr 1, 2005, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Corey
Well....if it helps, this lip is very rigid and thick. I don't see why people are making such a big stink about this. More than half the Evo's on this board with aftermarket front BUMPERS are probably fiberglass.
exactly what i was trying to point out