Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Got My New Password:jdm Cooling Plate

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2005, 06:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got My New Password:jdm Cooling Plate

PASSWORD supplied me with this beautiful cooling plate and used my car as the model. The quality is amazing! It is made of a high quality aluminum and is coated with a high-density epoxy for long lasting protection in a bronze color. I was also told that password will be having more products available for our cars soon. I will keep you all updated. Here's the link if anyone is interested in this plate.

http://www.passwordjdm.com/product.a...t=More+Details

Old May 9, 2005, 06:21 PM
Evolving Member

I'm confused as to what that does, enlighten me
Old May 9, 2005, 06:23 PM
Evolved Member

wow, that looks nice!!
Old May 9, 2005, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

Nice looking piece JDM password gets a from me
Old May 9, 2005, 06:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ezhangin
I'm confused as to what that does, enlighten me
This is what their site says about it...

The cooling system is a vital component of a vehicles operation. The radiator needs constant airflow, with minimum turbulence, to be as efficient as possible. Unfortunately, gaps in the structure around the radiator allow air to escape, resulting in lost efficiency. We have designed our line of Aluminum Radiator Cooling Plates to eliminate this problem. By preventing air to escape over the top of the radiator, these cooling plates allow a maximum amount of airflow directly to your radiator, resulting in reduced coolant temperatures during aggressive driving.
Old May 9, 2005, 07:05 PM
Evolved Member

why did you buy this? Just because something is produced in Japan doesn't make it cool.
Old May 9, 2005, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

hmmmm now i need to decide if its worth it to spend an twice the ammount of money for the titanium unit... but this will match my wheels and will be half the price... hmmmmm
Old May 9, 2005, 07:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
They have years ahead of us in terms of EVO tuning. I think that is a very cool product!
Old May 9, 2005, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evillusion
why did you buy this? Just because something is produced in Japan doesn't make it cool.
youre kidding right?
Old May 9, 2005, 07:18 PM
Evolved Member

How does this compare to the other companies that makes cooling plates?
Old May 10, 2005, 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by need Z
This is what their site says about it...

The cooling system is a vital component of a vehicles operation. The radiator needs constant airflow, with minimum turbulence, to be as efficient as possible. Unfortunately, gaps in the structure around the radiator allow air to escape, resulting in lost efficiency. We have designed our line of Aluminum Radiator Cooling Plates to eliminate this problem. By preventing air to escape over the top of the radiator, these cooling plates allow a maximum amount of airflow directly to your radiator, resulting in reduced coolant temperatures during aggressive driving.
Where's the shovel when you need it?
Old May 10, 2005, 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

lol. password
Old May 10, 2005, 08:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOtagger
youre kidding right?
Its a stamped metal plate. Just like every other stamped matal plate that goes there. This "jdm" plate performs its function no better than a "usdm" plate, yet people get all googley over it...besides, it's doo doo brown.

I am just sick of the "japan parts are better" trend. Sometimes that is true, but not every table scrap from Tokyo is something to get teary-eyed over.

WickedMR: It looks nice...I just wouldn't have spent all the extra $$$ just because some punk in Japan says it's better.
Old May 11, 2005, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

meh, i wouldnt buy it simply b/c it was made in japan...i would, however, buy it b/c it is decently priced and colored BRONZE like my wheels...

i wouldnt consider my wheels to be "doo doo brown"
Old May 11, 2005, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Evillusion
Its a stamped metal plate. Just like every other stamped matal plate that goes there. This "jdm" plate performs its function no better than a "usdm" plate, yet people get all googley over it...besides, it's doo doo brown.

I am just sick of the "japan parts are better" trend. Sometimes that is true, but not every table scrap from Tokyo is something to get teary-eyed over.

WickedMR: It looks nice...I just wouldn't have spent all the extra $$$ just because some punk in Japan says it's better.
You are very right.. not every part from Japan is necessarily better. Many people are into the 'japan parts are better trend' because that is what they prefer. It could be either because they do believe that japan parts are better, or they want their ride to be in its truest form. Either reason is still a good reason for wanting JDM parts. Now aside from that, if you look at other cooling plates, you will notice that Password's price is a fair price and the color that is being offered is a nice color that alot of people havent seen.
Now if you consider it doo doo brown.. good for you!

Quick Reply: Got My New Password:jdm Cooling Plate