Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

N'tercooler Installed

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2005, 02:07 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
and that graph is with nitrous right and not CO2
Old Oct 16, 2005, 07:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Didn't know where to find Co2 and I was already getting race gas...so I had it filled with nitrous at the same place. Before anyone says it is because a large amount of it was sucked into the intake...get a life, adding the kit added power to my car and my air/fuel is just fine. There's your prove...a dyno done without the sprayer and then one with the sprayer.
Old Oct 16, 2005, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

20whp from a intercooler sprayer????
Old Oct 16, 2005, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evillusion
20whp from a intercooler sprayer????
Not the stock intercooler sprayer, the NX nitrous/Co2 sprayer.

Mark at TurboTrix had my car on the dyno for 7-8 pulls and it would not go above 333.88WHP. He then activated the sprayer and did a pull for 358.22WHP. We were both shocked that it gained that much. I'm still on the stock intercooler, think what you want... but there's the proof that it works.

You just have to have it set up CORRECTLY and wired to a wide-open-throttle switch as well as the "purge" button. That way before staging you can purge it up there to cool it down for your launch. After that as long as the gas is down...it'll continuously spray to freeze that air going through the intercooler.

Some of the people who tested the kit out just had it on the button and would freeze the intercooler before the dyno pull or track pass. That does nothing!!!! As soon as you hit the gas the air is back to normal...unless you have it set up to keep spraying.
Old Oct 16, 2005, 11:01 AM

I saw a dyno plot for the N.X. intercooler on machevo.com. If I am not wrong they bosted like a 40 hp increase. I do not think it gains much power from the colder intercooler, but it does give you a little bit of a dry shot...if you have a aftermarket intake. I know a few guys running it on their srt-4's and most of the hp comes from the n2o being sucked up by the cold air intake. They sure do look cool though...I want one and I do not even have an evo yet.
Old Oct 16, 2005, 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by thereplacement
I saw a dyno plot for the N.X. intercooler on machevo.com. If I am not wrong they bosted like a 40 hp increase. I do not think it gains much power from the colder intercooler, but it does give you a little bit of a dry shot...if you have a aftermarket intake. I know a few guys running it on their srt-4's and most of the hp comes from the n2o being sucked up by the cold air intake. They sure do look cool though...I want one and I do not even have an evo yet.
If you have a cold air intake, it's almost guaranteed to suck some of the nitrous up. On our Evo's, if you have a regular intake...it's pretty far away from the solenoid where the nitrous sprays onto the intercooler, so you don't have to worry about that much being injested.
Old Oct 16, 2005, 07:10 PM

I agree. I think that most of the people who do pick good power with that system have some type of a aftermarket intake.