Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Effects of bumper bar removal for aftermarket body kits?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2005, 08:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If the issue involved removal of the lower tie bars or stock STB people would be having a cow. The argument would be that they are frame strenthening pieces and that handling would be hindered. Now I know those would completely fold over in an accident just like the front bumper brace. They are flimsy as hell if you hold them in your hand. Fact is, the front bumper support is in there to tie the two front framerails together just like STBs and tie bars do but instead to strenthen the frame in the event of an accident. While there has never been any crash testing (to my knowledge) of cars with and without the brace, I'm sure as hell not removing something that could help keep the dash out of my lap just enough to save my life in a high speed frontal impact.

Tom
Old Sep 16, 2005, 09:40 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crash bar = more money.

In middle-front-end damage accident the crash bar will cause great damage on the right-left frame, it will force those frame forward / bent the side chassis.

This is why M3 uses carbon fiber instead of metal. So when the force is more than certain number the crash beam will be break instaed of bending the other chasiss.

(my input)