Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Wanted-Compare EVOdave MRHeads With JDMauthentic ones

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2005 | 12:42 PM
Evolving Member

If you want the "jdm MR look" get the real jdm 1s, but if you just want blacked outed lights without the amber get Evo Daves. I just think Evo daves MR look doesnt look very nice because he doesnt have the clear reflecter at top and the amber is just painted on the lens and doesnt look oem.
Old Sep 12, 2005 | 07:31 AM
Account Disabled

Wow thanx fo all the responses! Is there a market for my factory headlights?? I can sell them for good money? If this is the case i may change my mind! I agree that the JDM ones would prob look more OEM and cleaner but again its the cost and im not building a show car. But if i can sell mine what the h ell itl cost me less that EVOdaves!
Old Sep 21, 2005 | 12:07 AM
Account Disabled

From: driving the 10 second beast in ohio or running lightmods.net
here are some pics of modded lights from me....good luck in your decision process either way. Mine aren't Exactly like OEM but they are close and i offer different colors and many options and styles as well as a lifetime warranty against fading, workmanship or leaks.
This post will take you to a bunch of different links to pics:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...76&postcount=9
Old Sep 21, 2005 | 11:05 AM
Evolved Member

F jdm stuff, u live in america. go with evo dave and with the rest of ur money go buy a jdm hooker.
Old Sep 21, 2005 | 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

also need to consider the beam pattern.

jdm mr's at up and to the left, into oncoming traffic's eyes, but again, i went real deal.

1100 is heads and tails, for whoever wasn't sure.

here's mine.

Old Sep 21, 2005 | 12:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WarmPepsi
also need to consider the beam pattern.

jdm mr's at up and to the left, into oncoming traffic's eyes, but again, i went real deal.
was it easy to adjust the headlight for usdm beam pattern?
Old Sep 21, 2005 | 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by burningmoney97
was it easy to adjust the headlight for usdm beam pattern?
heres the thread i posted, along with the whiners about the beam pattern... not listening to the fact that at the highest setting, it's blinding, but at 2, it's normal, and at 4, it's at the ground, been hi-beamed once, and i gave him the added joy of the highs in return, along with the dual hid

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=131358

edit: i may have misunderstood your question. I did not adjust the pattern, i left it jdm, but simply put the settings on the lights so that i can turn them super low when need be, or crank them up when someone's putz'n in a 50 mph zone
Old Sep 21, 2005 | 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

I like the Dave headlights but would go for the real thing on the tails.
Old Sep 21, 2005 | 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by deadbeatrec
F jdm stuff, u live in america. go with evo dave and with the rest of ur money go buy a jdm hooker.
I guess we should buy american cars too
Old Sep 21, 2005 | 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WarmPepsi
heres the thread i posted, along with the whiners about the beam pattern... not listening to the fact that at the highest setting, it's blinding, but at 2, it's normal, and at 4, it's at the ground, been hi-beamed once, and i gave him the added joy of the highs in return, along with the dual hid

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=131358

edit: i may have misunderstood your question. I did not adjust the pattern, i left it jdm, but simply put the settings on the lights so that i can turn them super low when need be, or crank them up when someone's putz'n in a 50 mph zone
your thread is informative , but is it possible to adjust the jdm beam pattern to the right? as th usdm beam is?
Old Sep 21, 2005 | 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by burningmoney97
your thread is informative , but is it possible to adjust the jdm beam pattern to the right? as th usdm beam is?
no idea, theres a cutoff plate in both headlights, no idea if you can salvage it out of the usdm and put it in the jdm.

i saw no point in getting jdm's.... if you're gonna have to bake the things to swap to the usdm cutoff.

answer: no clue. you'd have to swap the plate.
Old Sep 21, 2005 | 02:17 PM

Anyone ever check if they have black housing head or tail lights in the EDM?

-dr
Old Sep 22, 2005 | 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by deadbeatrec
your telling me you dont have 1 jdm part on your car? exhaust, wheel, tire, coilovers, cams, intake or gauge? Nothing wrong with you loving american stuff..I just dont know why you bought a Evo if your dissing on jdm stuff
Old Sep 22, 2005 | 09:59 AM

I think his point is there is no reason to spend more money for JDM "hype" when you can get a part that is just as good for a fraction of the cost.
Old Sep 22, 2005 | 03:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mr_atchison
I think his point is there is no reason to spend more money for JDM "hype" when you can get a part that is just as good for a fraction of the cost.
yeah, but by the vary nature, the custom jobs are striving for the "jdm" look, the blacked out housings are a distinction of japanese lights for many cars.

I'd simply seen enough diy's on the topic to make me cringe, so i went with the real deal.

It's all up to the end person, because different people are more willing to spend money in different areas. (ie: i bought all the jdm heads/tails, but went with a cheaper 3" dp, and such, as i feel that a 3" pipe, is a 3" pipe, as long as fitament is good, then why spend 3x as much, whereas others will buy a $600 downpipe and spend $20 on doing their own tails/headlights.)

all a matter of opinion.