Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Wanted-Compare EVOdave MRHeads With JDMauthentic ones

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2005 | 09:46 AM
Account Disabled

Wanted-Compare EVOdave MRHeads With JDMauthentic ones

Can some one please post a pic of Evodaves MR headlights and a pic of authentic ones for a good comparison please!!!
Old Sep 9, 2005 | 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

search for each, find the pictures and post them yourself.
Old Sep 9, 2005 | 09:58 AM
Account Disabled

go to:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...16#post2236716

thats authentic JDM MR headlights and tailights
Old Sep 9, 2005 | 10:07 AM
Account Disabled

JDM Ones-

EvoDave ones-

So whats the difference and which should i go with???

Last edited by EMR8; Sep 9, 2005 at 10:28 AM.
Old Sep 9, 2005 | 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

the difference is actual authentic jdm parts and money, if your not a huge jdm freak and can do with ones that look incredibly similar save your money and either paint them yourself or get evodave to do them
Old Sep 9, 2005 | 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EMR8

So whats the difference and which should i go with???
I think you should go with whatever YOU want. Rather than letting the internet decide what's cool and what's not
Old Sep 10, 2005 | 08:14 AM
Account Disabled

Listen buddy im not letting the internet decide for me!? I want to understand the differences and if there is any disadvantage for one or the other before i spend hundreds of dollars. Im not new to forums and im not 16, thanx for your input!
Old Sep 10, 2005 | 09:42 AM
Evolving Member

ok as maybe i can help out in this discussion... i was at the same point ur at now when i bought my jdm lights a while back...

now i had a choice either buy evo daves for a fraction of the cost and have very well made home made modified parts or spend $1100 on real jdm original parts... since i decided a long time ago that this car was worth spending the money for and even if it took me a little bit longer to save up the money for it i would only get the best for it... so i decided to get the jdm lights...

now i've seen up close evo daves lights and let me tell you he does great work but when i tell peaople the story behind the lights and when i write on the parts rolecall sheet at car shows that i have original jdm imported from japan parts that cost me a **** load of money i get alot of attention ;P i guess what im trying to say is if you have the funds available and want nothing less then perfation and dont mind taking your time in modifing your car then go with the jdm lights on the other hand if you dont meet any of these requirments and just want simple black out lights then get evo daves... hope that helped you a little my friend good luck
Old Sep 10, 2005 | 10:02 AM
Account Disabled

Thanx man i apreciate your help! I think i have made up my mind. Granted they wont be authentic but i will still get the same look. And as you mentioned its at a fraciton of the price! Its not a matter of having the funds but spending them wisley.<Spelling? Anyway i think i will use whats left for an ehxuast and start saving for some cams
Old Sep 10, 2005 | 05:36 PM
Former Sponsor

if you plan on modifying your evo as a show stopper at local shows, go w/ JDM parts. It will get you more brownie points to win that bling bling trophy.

If you plan on just being a enthusiast and will be attending a lot of track times instead of shows, DIY parts can go a long way

Cal
Old Sep 10, 2005 | 05:50 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by navypaul

now i had a choice either buy evo daves for a fraction of the cost and have very well made home made modified parts or spend $1100 on real jdm original parts...
1100$ on JDm mr's??? where did u get yours??? I paid 600$ for mine brand new and sold my stock headlights for 500$.

If i had modded my stocks it woulda cost be around 150$. buying the JDm's costed me 100$ and i had no downtime
Old Sep 10, 2005 | 07:46 PM
Evolving Member

The difference is that the JDM MR headlight's side have a clear reflector piece on the top and an amber reflector peice at the bottom. Also, the the JDM MR headlights have a slight turqoise look to the projector (during the day) when you look at them. Evodave's MR style headlights does not use those two reflector pieces and he paints (does something) the bottom turn signal reflector piece an amber color. When I say the bottom turn signal reflector piece in our US headlight, do not confuse it with the amber reflector piece I am talking about with the JDM MR headlights.
Old Sep 11, 2005 | 04:49 AM
Evolving Member

There is some JDM MR head lights running around on ebay for $625, I'd post a link but then you'd have a hundred guys bidding on it.
Old Sep 11, 2005 | 05:18 AM
Evolved Member

if you have the money and must have the real lights then get the JDM ones. From the pictures.... you can see a difference between the real ones and Evodave's.
Old Sep 11, 2005 | 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

jdm has the clear (white) and brighter amber
evo daves doesnt have the bright white look

jdm is expensive
evo daves costs a 1/4 of that