Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Traded in the Evo

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2005 | 07:41 AM
Evolving Member

if you time it right ~30,000 miles you will neeed new tires 1g, a new stock clutch 1g, all oils changed $300, brakes and rotors $600 at the very least. that is 3gs you can avoid by trading in. Plus your engine warranty is up at 36k so you get a brand new warranty to void. less transmission trouble, fresh paint, less paint problems (wing and brembos), new car smell, no little things like scratches on your plastic doors or curb rash, lsd/acd/hotside, alum roof, lighter wheels, new springs, leather, hids, new color options, higher resale value, 0 miles and 0%. if you could get 0%, you probably had like 3-5% anyways, but that saves you about 4k over a 5 yr loan. you also saved 3k in maintenece, so that makes up most of that 10k you spent in car payments over two years. whats left is made up int the increased value of your car. plus all the other benefits of having a new car. i might try after the 9 has been out for awhile, i have about year untill i hit 30k.
Old Sep 20, 2005 | 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fury656
I had been considering doing the same thing for a while, im definitely curious to see what they gave you on trade in. For my 03 with 30k miles they offered me 20k in trade, 27k for a base GSR 05, and 2k cash back (1k fac to dealer, 1k fac to cust) so around 5500 out of pocket OTD to make the trade.
where the hell are people getting these deals??? I want to do this, but no one wants to sell for 29k OTD...argh! help! I'm in Ohio...but willing to drive hours to get this deal...