Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

05 evo-alpine type-r custom box

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2005, 01:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 evo-alpine type-r custom box

alright guys im getting the complete line of alpine type r installed in my evo this comming week they are building me a custom box that will completely disconnect the amps and sub box in one big plug. ... well for the racetrack. ill keep you guys up to date and shoot some pictures when its done.. what do you guys think about this set up ??

Chris
Old Oct 2, 2005, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

I think this setup belongs in the Evo forums not US Lancer, but that's just me...

sounds alright to me, nice to be able to take the heavy stuff out of the car
Old Oct 2, 2005, 02:26 PM

i think the lancers are the only people who have audio forums.
Old Oct 2, 2005, 05:16 PM
Evolving Member

If you got the cash, I say step up to Type-X. They are well worth the higher pricetags. Not to say the type-r stuff isn't, but I've heard both and if I spending something on an alpine setup then I would go with the X stuff(unless i win the lottery, then F# Status her I come).
Old Oct 2, 2005, 07:09 PM
Evolving Member

yea i hear ya but i dont know how much more it will the whole setup now is 2400 cash. that with 6.5 components 6.5 2 ways. mrd605 and mrd345 amps and 2 10"subs all hooked up and disconnectable for the race scene. is a good deal if you ask me and no i probably wont spend the money for the x series im trying to save up for a clutch and an alky kit. i think il be happy with this setup. but il kep you guys poted on the work as stuff comes in this week and post picts of the box when its done .
Old Oct 2, 2005, 07:26 PM
Evolving Member

if it includes the radio its about right......
too bad you are far, id hook you up.
if i can make a suggestion. alpines stuff is real good, but for a little more money you can get better sounding stuff... if you are spending 2400, spending 2800 wouldnt hurt you too much to get a whole lot more performance. the whole one big plug thing scares me. those amps need a large power and ground wire. plus you'll have to do some conversion for the rcas(noise?)
just be careful. i would suggest mounting the amps permanently, you are talking about 15 pounds. go on a diet (oh wait, thats me)
Old Oct 2, 2005, 07:38 PM
Evolving Member

High(not highest, but not lowest either) prices going through froogle:
R Comps----200
R Coax------150
R Subs------190
MRD-M605-260
MRV-F340--300

Amp install: 100ish +? (shouldn't be double for another amp, theres only 10% more work)
Front speakers:70
Rear: 45
subbox: 250(thats where the real rip is in every shop. it cost less than 60 to make. Maybe closer to $100 when you factor in builder's wages. Fiberglass enclosures are a different story...)

I get around $1600. Granted the shop will be charging you full MSRP because you have an Evo(did you notice the dollarsigns in their eyes when you pulled up?) so equpment prices will be much higher in the shop.I'd buy that stuff online and save yourself a few hundred bucks and then have them install it.

EDIT: I assumed no major custom work or fiberglassing in my calculation. A good FG sub enclosure should be $300-600.

Last edited by logikalliquid; Oct 2, 2005 at 07:41 PM.
Old Oct 3, 2005, 05:16 AM
Evolving Member

im gonna pull up the bill of sale and see what you think man i think your about right but the thing with the speakers is im getting them for 1500 cash with the amps..i talked to alpine and if i get them online from any other place then crutchfield i get no warranty with them. where im getting the work done is one stop car audio an f1 alpine dealer. well i get the prices and post them up.
Old Oct 14, 2005, 12:58 PM
Evolving Member

installed pictures of custom trunk setup

what do you guys think the great thing is all the pieces are pressure fitted so no screws or brackets to deal with and it all comes out easy for the racetrack..and i think its sounds slammin.. let me know what you guys think....
Attached Thumbnails 05 evo-alpine type-r custom box-100_1931.jpg   05 evo-alpine type-r custom box-100_1933.jpg   05 evo-alpine type-r custom box-100_1934.jpg   05 evo-alpine type-r custom box-100_1935.jpg  
Old Oct 14, 2005, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

I'm thinkin the setup looks great, but the price tag... well, they got yah good on it. True, to get the "warranty" it's best to go through the authorized dealer. But at first glance, who makes that "Raptor" cap... Should have gone with a Batcap or an Optima battery. I know those subs are great and with that, what...750x1 mono amp, they'll still sound awesome. But those Type X's, holy cow ***** Batman.

BTW, I used to have a fully detachable sub, box, amp myself (In a 240sx). What my dad and I came up with is to use a connect and twist appliance connector from Home Depot. Heavy duty(because it's for your washer/dryer) and it worked great.

PS : What about some shots of the interior speakers?
Old Oct 14, 2005, 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

nice setup man i have basically the same thing but i have the new 12 type r, components, coaxils and an alpine 9831 deck. Also have Tsunami 1.0 farad cap and gauge wiring. I think alpine is the route to go have a tight crisp sound and i paid about 2100 for everything installation and a 4 year warranty on all equipment. Ur going the right direction
Old Oct 14, 2005, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by navysevo
what do you guys think the great thing is all the pieces are pressure fitted so no screws or brackets to deal with and it all comes out easy for the racetrack..and i think its sounds slammin.. let me know what you guys think....
looks good but why is the box so tall ? It looks like your blocking most of the sound off from the cabin . I bet your trunk is taking a beeting . But i really like the idea of ez/quick to removal .
Old Oct 14, 2005, 03:25 PM
Evolving Member

well they made the box to fit the way i wanted it 2. i know its tall but i wanted a little more trunk space the dimensions of the enclosure are what the speaker calls for.
yea the trunk floor pieces apart to take out the box and floor pieces for the racetrack its actually less weight than with the spare tire and jack in or close to it
the cap is a 1.5 farad
i chose the tens because of the music i listen 2
Old Oct 27, 2005, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

Any pics of the HU? I'm curious to see how it match's up w/ the dash.