Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

(Gauge Interests) Replica INGS Kits for EVO 8 / 9

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2005, 02:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
(Gauge Interests) Replica INGS Kits for EVO 8 / 9

Hi guys,

Here’s the deal. This thread is to gauge interests on the Replica Ings Kits it for Evo 8/9. This is one of the newest, nicest, and functional it on the market. I have received a lot of PM regarding this it to see if we can produce this it. So here is the thread, if we can gauge enough interests then we will be gladly produce this for our next project.

Remember, we are new to the import scene (**we produce European parts mainly**) We can produce these in FRP or CF.
Be assure of our quality. We produce some of the best parts for BMW, Porsche, and Audi. Here is some pictures of the brake duct that we and EVODAVE recently set up the GB for. That’ll give you an idea of our work.
http://gallery.evolutionm.net/uploads/10904/001.jpg

As for fitment, these it will be replicated from the original INGS it from Japan so fitment wont be a issue. Price structure will depends on amount of ppl that are interested in this it.

Thanks for all advise.

Vince
Old Oct 13, 2005, 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

Werd, nicest kit I've seen.
Old Oct 13, 2005, 02:10 PM
Evolving Member

Old Oct 13, 2005, 02:11 PM

This kit is sooooo hoooooot!!!! Im in if the price is right. I know INGS kit is expensive.
Old Oct 13, 2005, 02:12 PM
Evolved Member

Beautiful. I'm sure a more reasonably price replica would sell very well. You might consider reproducing the new Do-Luck kit as well. Good luck!
Old Oct 13, 2005, 02:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by speedomodel
Beautiful. I'm sure a more reasonably price replica would sell very well. You might consider reproducing the new Do-Luck kit as well. Good luck!
that one caught my eyes too. thx
Old Oct 13, 2005, 02:36 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah, I am definitely interested in the sides and rear. Don't know what to think yet of the front bumper though.
Old Oct 13, 2005, 02:46 PM
Evolving Member

Don't y'all concern yourself with copyright infringement creating these "replica" kits? Not to mention profiting off of someone else's creativity and design?
Old Oct 13, 2005, 02:49 PM
Former Vendor

well not if they dont produce them anymore... there really isnt a prob... besides they might be paying a royalty, we dont know..
Originally Posted by PurgeIt
Don't y'all concern yourself with copyright infringement creating these "replica" kits? Not to mention profiting off of someone else's creativity and design?
Old Oct 13, 2005, 02:51 PM
Evolved Member

This is the hottest kit out bar none.
Old Oct 13, 2005, 02:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dafarmer69
well not if they dont produce them anymore... there really isnt a prob... besides they might be paying a royalty, we dont know..
Not produce them anymore? What are you talkin about? Doesn't matter if a kit isn't produced anymore. Copyright doesn't cease to exist just cuz the copyright holder doesn't produce a specific product anymore. And realistically speaking, do you think ANY of the copy cat makers actually pay a royalty? In dreamland, perhaps, but we're talkin about reality here.

The Honda / Acura market is called "rice" to a greater extent cuz it's riddled with cheap *** copy cat products from Taiwan, China and the Philippines. And the buyers to go along with em. I guess the Evo market is headed in the same direction.
Old Oct 13, 2005, 02:56 PM

I am sure there are some ppl who wants the original regardless of price. But we all know those can cost a grip and sometimes just too much. For ppl like myself, i would like replicas.

BTW, there is no copyright infringement involved unless INGS trademark their design in Japan and USA.
Old Oct 13, 2005, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

I am very interested but in the Front Bumper only. I think the real INGS front bumper comes with a JDM bumper beam. Will your kit remove the bumper beam? Most owners won't want to remove the bumper beam.
Old Oct 13, 2005, 03:02 PM
Evolved Member

Not produce them anymore? What are you talkin about? Doesn't matter if a kit isn't produced anymore. Copyright doesn't cease to exist just cuz the copyright holder doesn't produce a specific product anymore. And realistically speaking, do you think ANY of the copy cat makers actually pay a royalty? In dreamland, perhaps, but we're talkin about reality here.

The Honda / Acura market is called "rice" to a greater extent cuz it's riddled with cheap *** copy cat products from Taiwan, China and the Philippines. And the buyers to go along with em. I guess the Evo market is headed in the same direction.
I like that kit, I would buy it if i ever decided to do a full kit. I don't really get this comment, so if you paid $1000 for the original it's cool, but if someone decided to buy the copycat kit from "asia" it would be rice. Oh and forget about all the vendors here in the u.s and on this forum that also make replica kits, that's rice too. Let's just say that it's a matter of opinion and everyone has a different taste level, we don't need to get into the whole rice thing on every single thread do we?
Old Oct 13, 2005, 03:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by YoKnoEvo
I am sure there are some ppl who wants the original regardless of price. But we all know those can cost a grip and sometimes just too much. For ppl like myself, i would like replicas.

BTW, there is no copyright infringement involved unless INGS trademark their design in Japan and USA.
Intellectual property of this nature fall under copyright laws, not trademark. And as far as the United States Patent Office is concerned in regards, the mere creation of an intellectual property already creates a copyright for the creator. You don't have to file a copyright application with the USPO to be protected by US copyrigtht laws.

Quick Reply: (Gauge Interests) Replica INGS Kits for EVO 8 / 9