Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

ppl with subs...any problem with the wing rattling or loosing up?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2005 | 11:17 PM
wj4
Evolving Member

ppl with subs...any problem with the wing rattling or loosing up?

hey all, just wondering for those who have aftermarket subs...does all that bass shake the wing loose or not? the reason im asking is because i plan on putting in a system..my friend has 2 12s in his car and his wing loosened up a bit, but his is aftermarket...i think oem wings are bolted on so i dont think it should be a problem. but just want to reconfirm with all the evo owners on here, thanks guys
Old Oct 26, 2005 | 11:20 PM
Evolving Member

I don't know about the Evo's but in my OZ the wing hasn't rattled or loosen and I bump pretty hard at times.
Old Oct 26, 2005 | 11:20 PM
Evolved Member

i had a jl audio 10w7 in my car with over 500rms just for the sub. no shake whats so ever (i did have trunk rattle but that is normal for every car unless you use dynamat). my wing was always solid and i never seen any shake on the wing or anything like that.
Old Oct 26, 2005 | 11:22 PM
Evolving Member

im running a 10" alpine type r w/ closed box right now from a alpine v12 mono amp running about 500watts rms. no rattling really, just dynomat the trunk lid, top deck, trunk floor and put a little piece behind the liscence plate and you'll be ok.
Old Oct 26, 2005 | 11:34 PM
wj4
Evolving Member

wow this is good to hear im not a sound freak at all, but i can not stand the oem system. so i bought everything i need to get a decent system here....not the best brands but ok for me...just thought id show u guys everything was about $850-900. ill probably have them on the lowest settings haha. im 19 yrs old and is the slowest evo driver ull probably meet and now i listen to subs tuned to its lowest, what a grandpa

and yes, the trunk will rattle..like any other car that isnt mat'd. the wing shaking and getting lose was my main concern. now im more at eased
Old Oct 26, 2005 | 11:41 PM
Evolving Member

pretty good setup. btw, i cant really tell by the pictures, but i hope your either know how to bypass the factory amp, or is that the infinity premium harness?
Old Oct 26, 2005 | 11:48 PM
wj4
Evolving Member

^i have to bypass it even though im not going to be using it at all? i just thought i can take off the amp or at least disconnect it and use the 2 infinity amps for speakers and subs. i just got all the parts before i quit my job haha, abusing my discounts before im gone.
the 2 harnesses in the first pic for the head unit is just for connection w/o splicing
Old Oct 26, 2005 | 11:54 PM
Evolving Member

well if your running new wire to all 4 speakers than yea, dont worry about it.

well if you can, can you take a pic of the wiring behind the radio.......i'd like to see what it looks like.
Old Oct 27, 2005 | 12:03 AM
wj4
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 2hot2handle
well if your running new wire to all 4 speakers than yea, dont worry about it.

well if you can, can you take a pic of the wiring behind the radio.......i'd like to see what it looks like.
when i installed my guages and relocate my stock cd player to the lower din, there were just 2 adapters, one for the speakers and one for amp i suppose.
this wont be installed for a week or so due to time conflict with my midterms..but id def will put up the after install pix
Old Oct 27, 2005 | 12:15 AM
Evolved Member

2 JL W6s 12"/ JL 1000w amp>>>24 days later, wing still on
Old Oct 27, 2005 | 01:22 AM
wj4
Evolving Member

wow big baller with the flip out screen
im hoping to do some performance mods to weight out the subs haha. cant wait to get htem on. btw how loud do u bump them? nice subs bro btw, and head unit. im jealous haha
also a question..i see that ur subs and box is pretty heavy. do u feel that the car is significantly slower? or a tad bit? and i dont race my car eiher lol. i just do 40 in 4th gear the grandpa driver

Last edited by wj4; Oct 27, 2005 at 01:27 AM.
Old Oct 27, 2005 | 02:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wj4
wow big baller with the flip out screen
im hoping to do some performance mods to weight out the subs haha. cant wait to get htem on. btw how loud do u bump them? nice subs bro btw, and head unit. im jealous haha
also a question..i see that ur subs and box is pretty heavy. do u feel that the car is significantly slower? or a tad bit? and i dont race my car eiher lol. i just do 40 in 4th gear the grandpa driver

how loud? VERY loud Im a bass head
it is a bit slower no questions about that.. you can feel it. but like I said, I never race the car, Im in for the looks, brakes, and fast exit ramps and if I need the space I can take it out any time I want. I wanted a fancy looking box/setup at first but I need the space and the "radial condom" spare
Old Oct 27, 2005 | 02:58 AM
Evolved Member

My trunk is dynamated, but the trunk still shakes a little, and I can hear the wing rattling when im standing behind the car with the trunk open... Only when I really bump it though. The wing isn't coming loose though. Here's my setup:

Old Oct 27, 2005 | 03:18 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by il2az
My trunk is dynamated, but the trunk still shakes a little, and I can hear the wing rattling when im standing behind the car with the trunk open... Only when I really bump it though. The wing isn't coming loose though. Here's my setup:

thats a crazy setup! i wish i could have that..........BUT i need the space for my baby's stroller
Old Oct 27, 2005 | 04:10 AM
Evolving Member

Like everyone else has said, don't worry about the wing. I was running 1500 watts continuous to my sub and the wing never came loose.

Quick Reply: ppl with subs...any problem with the wing rattling or loosing up?