Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!
View Poll Results: Are you changing your stereo system on your EVO?
Nope, it\'s a decent radio. I rather put $ in mods.
25.88%
Yes, I need better.
74.12%
Voters: 483. You may not vote on this poll

Who's ditching the factory stereo system?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2003, 01:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i changed my stereo the following day lol pretty much, gotz me da xplod, thinkin of sticking with everything xplod just to keep the same color scheme of black, gray, dark gray, and red
plus i got like 3 remotes for it, DAMN I'M LAZY HAHA
Old Sep 12, 2003, 03:04 PM
Evolved Member

For everyone or anyone who is intersted in a bad **** sub that rocks but won't kill ya on space ...

I have the ultimate sub for the evo ... !
It's nice and loud but also extremely tight and accurate, yet it doesn't take up allot of space, nor does it require a ****load of power.

Check at the high output wedge from JL Audio ... I'm using the 10" (10W6) enclosure and it just slams! Fit and carpet match is about as good as it gets ... and price is right at around $425.

I'm powering mine with a JL 500.5 (sub channel) amp. This set-up just kills the Kicker Solo Baric 12" square I was previously running. Sure the square is a little but louder .... but this 10W6 in H.O. enclosure does not miss a note! Highly recommended for an evo!

http://www.jlaudio.com/enclosures/howedge.html
Old Oct 6, 2003, 03:03 PM
Evolving Member

$425 for a single sub and enclosure?

you're nuts putting that kind of money into a stereo for such a loud car like the Evo.
Old Oct 6, 2003, 04:53 PM

Am I like the only one that wants a Nakamichi MB75 or MB100?!

This thing is single din and will hold 6 CDs!!
Old Oct 6, 2003, 05:06 PM
Evolving Member

i have 2 12" infinity subs, 6 1/2" woofers in the doors and rear deck, and 2 1" tweeters in the cubby hole under the AC controls, and 2 1" tweeters on the rear pillars. I also dynamatted my entire trunk and 4 doors, and have a 1farad cap hooked up to a 1000 watt sony amp soon to be replaced by an audiobahn. i am complemented on my system all the time especially for its clear sound. i highly recommend infinity components, and i also have a sony CDMX deck which gives me a lot of control over my system, but i am also looking to replace this soon. i have a 12" 1200 watt sony xplod sub in a competition bandpass box for sale if anyone is interested
Old Oct 6, 2003, 05:20 PM
Evolving Member

Dumping the stock stereo, selling all my rockford fosgate stuff that i ripped out my Stang and getting a pioneer or jvc flip out tv / dvd/ cd / tuner system. I'm debating on putting heavy subs and amps in the trunk. Maybe i don't need all that junk in the trunk! LOL!
Old Oct 6, 2003, 05:38 PM
Evolved Member

Im thinking about going light. Gonna swap out the deck and the mids and tweets for jl componets. And as far as bass ill leave it out , subs and amps just way to much for me.I had 2 L7's running 1k watts at 2 ohms (im deaf or going to be).
Old Oct 8, 2003, 07:39 PM
Evolved Member

im stereoizin

Ok i got "BIC" PLANS thats gonna be bad *** for the stereo, I have sitting here, 2 Kicker L7 12" brand new subs, 2 sets of MBQUART QM218 6.5" Q series components, Silver 1 of 600 playstation 2s, ALPINE DVA900 DVD PLAYER, ALPINE MRV-F540 4 channel amp, MEMPHIS 1500D Amplifier, and heres the big one

WIRELESS BROADBAND IN A CAR!!! ya i know, weird but, im doing somthing different, 1 of our family buisness's is DNS WIRELESS, we have wireless broadband without line of sight, so like a cellphone just alot higher bandwidth LOLs, ne ways i can be within 10 miles of a tower and it works, we doin whole state of ohio soon, and i think it will get into at least Electronic Gamer magazine for Car of the Year to be able to play online in yur car LOL, what do you guys think?

NOT only the 8TH EVOLUTION of EVOS but a new EVOLUTION in car stereo entertainment systems...

Last edited by EVO8 WHOA; Oct 8, 2003 at 07:43 PM.
Old Oct 8, 2003, 08:23 PM

wow cool..im not sure wat kinda stereo system im gonna put in my car though...any thoughts??
Old Nov 15, 2003, 05:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 61 Likes on 46 Posts
The factory unit wasn't bad as far as factory units go, but I replaced my system first thing.
Of course I already had the head unit from my old ride, so that was the bulk of the expense.

I have the Alpine IVA-C801 unit. LCD screen and CD player in the head unit.
The main electronics are in a separate box under the passenger seat.
Two Alpine amps trunk mounted. MRV-F340 for the main speakers. MRD-M300 subamp.
I added Infinity Kappa speakers all around ( 60.5cs in front; 63.5i in back ).
Two 10" Infinity Kappa Perfect subs in the trunk.
My dad and I made an enclosure that fits in the spare tire space and looks like a false floor.
And before anybody asks, the enclosure weighs the same as the spare ( pick that thing up sometime - holy crap!! ).

Here is a picture of the trunk.
Attached Thumbnails Who's ditching the factory stereo system?-evotrunk2.jpg  
Old Nov 17, 2003, 06:07 AM
Evolving Member

my stereo skips like there is no tomorrow over a lil bump
Old Dec 11, 2003, 03:49 PM
Evolving Member

imma be getting an alpine ... LE WOOT!!! lol
who wants to buy my xplod? lol REMOTE AND ALL
Old Dec 16, 2003, 06:47 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by ChillinEvilVIII

umm ok.. u wouldve got a z06 vette if you were to put 5 k in engine mods? you just have no clue about the true power potential of the evo...
and you obviously have no clue of the true power potential of the ZO6...........
Old Dec 16, 2003, 10:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by mikesevo8
The factory unit wasn't bad as far as factory units go, but I replaced my system first thing.
Of course I already had the head unit from my old ride, so that was the bulk of the expense.

I have the Alpine IVA-C801 unit. LCD screen and CD player in the head unit.
The main electronics are in a separate box under the passenger seat.
Two Alpine amps trunk mounted. MRV-F340 for the main speakers. MRD-M300 subamp.
I added Infinity Kappa speakers all around ( 60.5cs in front; 63.5i in back ).
Two 10" Infinity Kappa Perfect subs in the trunk.
My dad and I made an enclosure that fits in the spare tire space and looks like a false floor.
And before anybody asks, the enclosure weighs the same as the spare ( pick that thing up sometime - holy crap!! ).

Here is a picture of the trunk.
I love that setup but I don't want to give up ma spare
Old Dec 16, 2003, 11:45 AM
MP5
In Timeout

Originally posted by Kaisho99
Am I like the only one that wants a Nakamichi MB75 or MB100?!

This thing is single din and will hold 6 CDs!!
You the only one that know whats good. Everyone else wants flashy Las Vegas lights anf TVs and gimmick BS. Nak is the best period the MB is awesome I still prefer the cd 45z as its only 325 all over the place the dacs are better than anything else even the MB dacs. My system will be a Nak 45Z (MB6later on) My trusty ADS powerplate 840(8*40 watts with bandpass internal crossovers for every channel ). Morel 6.5s in the doors/ Morel 3"soft dome mids in the a pillars/Morel 1.1" soft dome silk tweeters in the a pillars. and ID chameleom 6.5" that fit perfect in the back deck running sub duties. They make suprising tight deep bass running freeair and with the output of a good 8"- Total weight increase 20 lbs And with the SQ to drive in and compete

Quick Reply: Who's ditching the factory stereo system?