Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

imprtant....read it

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2005 | 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rraulston
i dont understand why street concepts cant design their own bumper and not rip off someones elses design. Man, what ever happend to originality.
Perhaps if Japanese manufacturers set up better channels of business, and were able to offer competitive shipping time and costs, the market for knockoffs would not be so predominant.

Who wants to wait months and months after ordering and pay hundreds of dollars in shipping on top of the premium that they are paying for a piece, which usually doesn't fit right the first time either?

There are plenty of cases of people with authentic bodykits that required lots of work to fit correctly. That is the nature of the product and the process.

I believe that it has always been the inability for the Japanese companies to find a channel of importing and distributing that has allowed the US market to come to this.

Exclusive deals with sole importers were great when the market was small, but when the aftermarket blew up, the infastructure did not grow with it. As a result we've seen the elimination of the jobber market and the complete collapse of the traditional sales structure.

Why would a vendor even want to sell the real part when the manufacturer will not protect them by controlling wholesale business? Why would you bother selling a Greddy turbo timer when there's 10,000 guys with business liscences in their basements selling them for $4 profits? When the system fails, you have to turn to alternative means to survive. This is how the aftermarket has evolved, like it or not.
Old Nov 10, 2005 | 10:54 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

that's totally unprofessional to sit here and flame streetconcepts like that...many people have that bumper and have no issues...you my friend are a moron

and yeah the enter key helps for people trying to read your worthless posts
Old Nov 10, 2005 | 10:56 AM
Evolving Member

damn you people are harsh, It dont matter if its a knock off or not, I thought streetconcept advertises perfect fitment? if they say it should then it should.
Old Nov 10, 2005 | 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by chaotichoax
that's totally unprofessional to sit here and flame streetconcepts like that...many people have that bumper and have no issues...you my friend are a moron

WOW.... Tis getting a tad bit HOT in here!!!
Old Nov 10, 2005 | 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

ripping off someone elses design "is" RIPPING OFF SOMEONES ELSES DESIGN. It isnt a grey area, its theft. Why should high quality companies make ANYTHING for us when they know they will get ripped off by other companies who cant think up their own design???? I bet you a million bucks that if you invented the "flux capacitor" and sold it for $100 and i bought one and sent it to china/pakistan/taiwan and had them copied and sold them for $10 to compete AGAINST you, you would be pissed!!!! You know you would..........
Old Nov 10, 2005 | 11:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by chaotichoax

hey i'm in the military and they hammered us about professionalism. what is is that made this thread unprofessoinal? i was hoping you guys would understand me. and what is this about flaming street concept didn't you read what i wrote? " i'm not here to destroy street concepts reputation" i'm just expressing my feelings. as far as research i actually called them about fitness and they said it's good. i also asked other pple and they said flawless. what is it that i'm trying to flame here? yes after that they didnt replied on my email so what else do i have to think. instead of taking care of other evo owners here in this forum, you guys actually destroy each other. when it comes to shipping and everything they took care of me. i'm just telling you guys about two particular products that they sent me, not all of it. i wrote this thread to inform you guys and also to get their attetion to but not destroy them.

Last edited by SushiSamurai; Nov 10, 2005 at 11:20 AM.
Old Nov 10, 2005 | 11:25 AM
Evolving Member

i have to agree with the comment that TheGVR4kid just made.

IMO any time you purchase aftermarket body fitments such as bumpers, lips, fenders, etc. expect the parts not to fit like oem. i am sure everyone knows this and if not you will.
Old Nov 10, 2005 | 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rsboy
Hit the damn "Enter" key once in awhile if you want people to read your "important info".
+1, my eyes burn because of the original post.
Old Nov 10, 2005 | 11:42 AM
Evolved Member

there is nothing unprofessional here. People are simply stating their thoughts and feelings. Sushi, i hope it works for you, i really do, but i also hope you understand that if it sounds(costs) too good to be true, alot of times it is.........
Old Nov 10, 2005 | 11:54 AM
Evolving Member

i say burn streetconcept for using my picture illegally
Old Nov 10, 2005 | 11:56 AM
Evolving Member

i dont understand why street concepts cant design their own bumper and not rip off someones elses design. Man, what ever happend to originality. If vendors were on here selling pirated videos or cd's, i bet the owners of this board would stop it in a heartbeat, yet when someone clones Greddy turbo timers or c-west products, nothing is done....things that make you go hhhhmmmmmmmmmm.....................i think it was a very prominate vendor on here that started a thread about cheap chinese knock-offs killing this market.....they were so right...............
I second that and then some. There was a thread a bit ago about some company knocking off the Ings kit and they had the audacity to use pics from Ings' website while gathering member feedback about it. Buy authentic shiet. Sure you'll pay more, but at the end of the day, you'll get better fitment - you'll end up paying more to the body shop due to more labor required to make it fit - better customer service and the right to say "I have the real deal Holyfield."
Old Nov 10, 2005 | 11:58 AM
Evolving Member

ripping off someone elses design "is" RIPPING OFF SOMEONES ELSES DESIGN. It isnt a grey area, its theft. Why should high quality companies make ANYTHING for us when they know they will get ripped off by other companies who cant think up their own design???? I bet you a million bucks that if you invented the "flux capacitor" and sold it for $100 and i bought one and sent it to china/pakistan/taiwan and had them copied and sold them for $10 to compete AGAINST you, you would be pissed!!!! You know you would..........
it is what it is! how many products are out there that are identical or are similar....thousands. we live in a competitive market. as a business you are here to make money and hopefully provide customer service. i work in a very competitive market and our competition sales that same s*** just named differently. IMO it is not theft is competition. the reason for the competition, there are consumers out there that are willing to look at other options. now as a business you want to separate yourself from the competition by the quality of your products, customer service, price, etc.
Old Nov 10, 2005 | 12:06 PM
Evolved Member

I bought a "Varis" CF lip from Heru a month or so ago. I recent;y ran over a semi's re-tread on the drive home from SEMA, and after having the lip on the car for 2 weeks, it was destroyed, along with other stock pieces.

I let Heru know what happened and jokingly asked if there was a second time buyers discount, and he replied back within a day and shot me a price that is seriously too low to even post.

Thumbs up for Street Concepts and standing behind their customers, I'm sure your issue will be resolved.

And to all the **** *****ing about the knock-off market: I bet you guys own nothing but name brand top shelf type ****, huh?

There's nothing wrong with buying "knock-off", or "generic" stuff, period.

Last edited by I'mStock; Nov 10, 2005 at 12:11 PM.
Old Nov 10, 2005 | 12:14 PM
Evolved Member

I think you guys were a little hard on the beaver (don't ask where that reference came from!). He was very careful in his original post to say that he wasn't flammin' anyone. You guys don't need to attack him for that, or for buying a knock off. Don't get me wrong, there is no arguing the quality of an original and I don't care for conformity in the interest of making money. He was simply looking for support on his disposition and he was taken out at the knees by the EvoM fam, save for a few.

I bought a quality kit and I still had fitment issues. Even after the body shop did their best, I went back and made a few more alterations to make it fit better. Whoever said it won't fit like OEM was right, but you would expect some type of quality, regardless of whether it was original or a knock off. Good luck, bro.
Old Nov 10, 2005 | 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

You know, if you market and sell a product for the Evo (or any other car for that matter), it should fit with a minimal amount of fuss and effort. Period. Doesn't matter if it's a knockoff. Doesn't matter if it's original. If you sell a part it should fit. Plain and simple. It isn't hard, it isn't rocket science. Where does it say ANYWHERE that it's ok to market and sell a product that doesn't really fit? If a company can't do that, they shouldn't be in business. If the guy who started the thread has an ill-fitting bumper, he should absolutely be taken care of by the vendor. If they can't provide a bumper that fits correctly, he should get a refund and the bumper should be taken off the market until the fit issues are resolved. Why would anyone purchase a product they knew wasn't going to fit? Yeah, it's a knock off, yeah it's a whole lot less expensive. That doesn't mean anyone who plops down their hard-earned cash deserves to get a product that's worthless.