Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

imprtant....read it

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2005 | 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

^Agreed.
Old Nov 10, 2005 | 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mr. Stock
You know, if you market and sell a product for the Evo (or any other car for that matter), it should fit with a minimal amount of fuss and effort. Period. Doesn't matter if it's a knockoff. Doesn't matter if it's original. If you sell a part it should fit. Plain and simple. It isn't hard, it isn't rocket science. Where does it say ANYWHERE that it's ok to market and sell a product that doesn't really fit? If a company can't do that, they shouldn't be in business. If the guy who started the thread has an ill-fitting bumper, he should absolutely be taken care of by the vendor. If they can't provide a bumper that fits correctly, he should get a refund and the bumper should be taken off the market until the fit issues are resolved. Why would anyone purchase a product they knew wasn't going to fit? Yeah, it's a knock off, yeah it's a whole lot less expensive. That doesn't mean anyone who plops down their hard-earned cash deserves to get a product that's worthless.
+1
I thank guys like this who start threads about their experience with vendors. If i saw threads like this before i spent my hard earned cash on my replica lip, i would have reconsidered. Doesn't everyone agree that when buying anything, it should work or fit?
Old Nov 10, 2005 | 01:39 PM
Evolved Member

And to all the **** *****ing about the knock-off market: I bet you guys own nothing but name brand top shelf type ****, huh?
Well, by the looks of your avatar, you bought an S&S Autochrome FMIC and painted ARC on it. Go away. Flamers like you need to just go away. The conversation here is all everyones opinion and all have the right to be heard, then you come in here with F**** this *** that. Keep buying your cheap crap. We dont care. Its your car. I dont have to hide my cheap crap behind the quality names.......if you really stood behind the stuff you bought, you would keep the original name on it right?????
Old Nov 10, 2005 | 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

ah ha ha haa
Old Nov 10, 2005 | 01:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mr. Stock
You know, if you market and sell a product for the Evo (or any other car for that matter), it should fit with a minimal amount of fuss and effort. Period. Doesn't matter if it's a knockoff. Doesn't matter if it's original. If you sell a part it should fit. Plain and simple. It isn't hard, it isn't rocket science. Where does it say ANYWHERE that it's ok to market and sell a product that doesn't really fit? If a company can't do that, they shouldn't be in business. If the guy who started the thread has an ill-fitting bumper, he should absolutely be taken care of by the vendor. If they can't provide a bumper that fits correctly, he should get a refund and the bumper should be taken off the market until the fit issues are resolved. Why would anyone purchase a product they knew wasn't going to fit? Yeah, it's a knock off, yeah it's a whole lot less expensive. That doesn't mean anyone who plops down their hard-earned cash deserves to get a product that's worthless.
Agreed. I think we should also consider the quality of body shops out there. Whereas one shop can make even the crappiest kits fit properly, others don't have a clue how to install a properly fitting one, let alone do a good spray job so that you don't get waves, orange peel, etc on the paint.
Old Nov 10, 2005 | 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PurgeIt
Agreed. I think we should also consider the quality of body shops out there. Whereas one shop can make even the crappiest kits fit properly, others don't have a clue how to install a properly fitting one, let alone do a good spray job so that you don't get waves, orange peel, etc on the paint.
I'd also like to blame George W. Bush, the Jews, the number 12, the letters B, F, and Y, global warming, plate techtonics, Poland, and Brian Peppers for the reasons why Sushi's bodykit doesn't fit.

Hey, if we're going to turn this into a whiny ***** party, we might as well go all out.
Old Nov 10, 2005 | 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

All I know is my GP Front Bumper from Street Concepts was one of the best fitting [knock off] body kits Ive ever seen.

Maybe you got a bad one - Maybe there's something else wrong - Bottom line, going public and 'bashing' should be a last resort.

Anyhow, good luck getting this resolved - Give them a call.
Old Nov 10, 2005 | 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

I think the issue here is that people expectations exceed what they are willing to pay for. If you wanted it to be a flawless fit the first time, you should have purchased the authentic bumper. Alot of people have had sucess with the Heru's bumpers, but im sure there is the occasional piece thats fitment is less then satisfactory, however he seems more then willing to make the situation right
Old Nov 10, 2005 | 02:27 PM
Evolving Member

any bumper can be made to fit perfectly as long as the body shop knows what they are doing, i had a copy veilside bumper on my fto, was such a bad fit out thr box that the gaps for the front fogs were not even half the size of the fogs, there was no way i though that bumper was gonna fit at all, after a couple of hours of prep work the bumper which cost me a quart of the price of the original fitted perfectly, yes it cost probably the same as i bought it for to fit properly but hell it fitted better than oem!

the same goes to every fiberglass bumper on the market, for those of you in the know the only difference in quality is in the bodyshops hands!, every bumper is different, some may fit perfect without any work some may need a lot of work but granted with the right bidy shop it will fit perfectly.
Old Nov 10, 2005 | 03:41 PM
Evolved Member

This has been gone over before with StreetConcepts. Everyone that is not happy jumps the gun and gets on here and bashes these guys.

***NEWS FLASH***

If your not happy with you purchase Heru has said many times that he will make it right. There is no reason what so ever to post stuff like this when the guy is willing to make it right for you. Get in touch with him over the phone or PM him and it will be resolved. I wasn't happy with my first lip I got and PM'ed him about it. He sent me a new one the next week that fit and looked 10 times better.

Even after posting this kind of garbage on here he is till up for helping you when all your doing is steering customers and business away.

THese guys are doing alot of good things for the EVO community by making cheaper alternatives for us to buy. Of course things happen, and things get messed up. Getting on here and complaining abou it will not fix your problem. Contacting Heru will though.

Good luck with getting everything fixed and everything worked out.
Old Nov 10, 2005 | 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rraulston
Well, by the looks of your avatar, you bought an S&S Autochrome FMIC and painted ARC on it.
lol now now, lets be nice. Yeah there are people out there that are BRAND ******(i dont blame them, good brands USUALLY have good product) but theres nothing wrong with trying to save a few bucks here and there. BY this i dont mean im going to go out and buy APC pistons and rods(if they even make them) because they probably wont be very reliable. BUt things that arent that big of a deal id say nothin wrong with the knockoff. EX. knock off ARC heat shield? Probably not going to kill you. A bumper?(they have advertised perfect fitment, and have shown it by many pictures)not that big of deal if its knockoff either. If you did get one thats bad, I bet the vendor could work it out with you, they dont get good refrences/gold ratings for nothing. my .02 hate it or love it. PEACE
Old Nov 10, 2005 | 07:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rraulston
Well, by the looks of your avatar, you bought an S&S Autochrome FMIC and painted ARC on it. Go away. Flamers like you need to just go away. The conversation here is all everyones opinion and all have the right to be heard, then you come in here with F**** this *** that. Keep buying your cheap crap. We dont care. Its your car. I dont have to hide my cheap crap behind the quality names.......if you really stood behind the stuff you bought, you would keep the original name on it right?????
Yeah, that's right, it's a fake ARC...

Hate on, hater.