Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

good products to keep car in show condition? (ie wax, scratch remover, etc)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2005 | 08:04 PM
Evolving Member

the reason why high pressure spraying is bad, is because it embeds those particles into ur paint, and clay bar might not get all of them out. personally, i would never wash it at a car wash either. i either hand wash it with mild hose pressure, or just leave it dirty, at least i know that when i do clean it, i do it right.
slickevo18, what kind of paint sealers?
can anyone else recommend other good wheel cleaner that doesn't mess up calipers? so far we have PS21.
Old Nov 15, 2005 | 06:45 AM
Evolving Member

Hmmmm...best set up, and I detail NHL players cars, my own Evo, my buddy's Evo, and pretty much everything else under the sun, for our delicate paint is use some Poorboy's products. I use their car wash, and to prevent swirls in the clearcoat which someone attributed to wash mitts, simply use 2-3 wash mitts in different buckets for different parts of the car. For example, use one wash mitt for the hood, roof, and trunk top, one for the tops of the door panels, and one for the bumpers and side skirts, where the most dirt is. Getting fine particles on your wash mitt and then abrasively scrubbing unscratched paint is what causes swirls. Plus, Poorboy's World soap emulsifies really well and encapsulates dirt to it won't scratch your paint. It works great!

For swirl remover, use SSR2 or 3 from Poorboy's, and a Porter-Cable buffer to remove swirls. Vanilla Moose Wax afterwards, and then some Poorboys ClearKote. Finish it off with Natty Blue Paste Wax, from Poorboys, with a ton of Carnuba, and its formulated for darker cars, so its works wonders. Smells like bublegum, too. In addition, Zaino works well, as does Zymol. I personally prefer Zymol's wheel cleaner, since its so safe you could (but I wouldn't) drink it, and I have no caliper peel whatsoever (mine are just brown from track use).

Meguiar's Back to Black works decent on exterior trim pieces that may be faded from the sun or getting wax on them, but other than that, Mother's and Meguiar's are rather inferior to the upper eschelon of car care products. Some people with lighter color cars have had success, however. I guess it depends on how much you want to spend. Hit me up with a PM if you need further questions. If you search, too, there are a ton of posts about this. Here's a few pics...