Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

how lucky is your evo from getting scratches, dents, etc?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2005, 04:02 PM
wj4
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how lucky is your evo from getting scratches, dents, etc?

hey all, i made this thread to see if anyone else is unlucky as i am. i have the evo for about 2 months now and i got a total of 3 different "battle scars". 2 nicks and 1 dent ALL while parked so i wasnt around at the time they happened. i find it funny that i take the extra effort to park my car in the last empty aisle and when i come back, theres always a car parked next to me who do a crappy parking job while theres about 6 empty spots on each side
i got this small dent on the passenger rear door where the body line kinda starts. it pisses me off because even tho u cant see it that well, its still there and im not sure if i should pay out the butt to repair it now or do it later.

what about u guys, how lucky are u? i think its my luck because with all the 3 cars ive owned...all 3 always get bumped into or something while im not around to see it.
Old Nov 21, 2005, 04:06 PM
Evolving Member

It seems the same thing always happens to me also. I have had mine for about 2 years and i have dents, chips, and some bastard backed up into my car while i was inside and broke my taillight, scraped paint of my bumper and pushed it in. No matter where i park its like the car is a magnet for people to park next to.
Old Nov 21, 2005, 04:11 PM
wj4
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evilevovegas
It seems the same thing always happens to me also. I have had mine for about 2 years and i have dents, chips, and some bastard backed up into my car while i was inside and broke my taillight, scraped paint of my bumper and pushed it in. No matter where i park its like the car is a magnet for people to park next to.
did u get it fixed or just going to "get some more bumps" and wait til u need to paint the whole car?

especially with this car being black, i wash it every 2-3 days and everytime i do, i uncover more marks and nicks, makes me mad lol.
Old Nov 21, 2005, 04:35 PM
Evolving Member

I was going to but bought a new front bumper instead lol. I will buy new tails and hopefully a jdm evo 9 rear eventually.
Old Nov 21, 2005, 04:42 PM
Evolved Member

If you take it to a good and decent body shop, they should be able to fix little dents without taking the door apart and certainly without any kind of painting.

Around here, there's a local guy who fixes there little dents for me. He comes with like custom made tools and just pokes around with it. Sometimes, he actually give fairly agressive knocks on the dents with a rubber tipped hammer. Works for hours but once its done you can't tell at all. Amazing. I'd give you guys details, but I'm in Thailand, so that won't be much use.

And yes, people are so fu3king inconsiderate. I saw with my own eyes a guy parking this brand new suv, his son openned the door and it was like WHAM into the car next to it. There was a sizable dent in the car into which his son whacked so I actually approached the guy and told him it was my friend's car (I didn't know the owner, in fact, I just lied). There was a bit of commotion and the parking lot staff acutally paged for the owner of the car. Since I didn't actually know the owner (who was coming) I left the scene to the parking lot attendant, the suv owner and his son. I don't know what happened, but I hope insurance issues were involved.

Okay perhaps that was a little over the top and it was his 12yo son. But I was just so irate about every single time I get home to find a dink in by door because some idiot decided to use my evo or my sti as a bloody door stop!
Old Nov 21, 2005, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wj4
hey all, i made this thread to see if anyone else is unlucky as i am. i have the evo for about 2 months now and i got a total of 3 different "battle scars". 2 nicks and 1 dent ALL while parked so i wasnt around at the time they happened. i find it funny that i take the extra effort to park my car in the last empty aisle and when i come back, theres always a car parked next to me who do a crappy parking job while theres about 6 empty spots on each side
i got this small dent on the passenger rear door where the body line kinda starts. it pisses me off because even tho u cant see it that well, its still there and im not sure if i should pay out the butt to repair it now or do it later.

what about u guys, how lucky are u? i think its my luck because with all the 3 cars ive owned...all 3 always get bumped into or something while im not around to see it.

Oh btw;

Dent in the rear door = most likely to be caused by a child. see my SUV episode. Most of my dents are on the rear doors.

Evo's are wider than people think. Specially with the agressive fenders. I think it's fairly easy for people to unintentionally park too close.

Yours is black. Mine is graphite gray. So I suppose the colour makes it a little harder to judge specially in poor light. But still, I don't hit other people's car with my door!!
Old Nov 21, 2005, 04:50 PM
wj4
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by x838nwy
If you take it to a good and decent body shop, they should be able to fix little dents without taking the door apart and certainly without any kind of painting.

Around here, there's a local guy who fixes there little dents for me. He comes with like custom made tools and just pokes around with it. Sometimes, he actually give fairly agressive knocks on the dents with a rubber tipped hammer. Works for hours but once its done you can't tell at all. Amazing. I'd give you guys details, but I'm in Thailand, so that won't be much use.

And yes, people are so fu3king inconsiderate. I saw with my own eyes a guy parking this brand new suv, his son openned the door and it was like WHAM into the car next to it. There was a sizable dent in the car into which his son whacked so I actually approached the guy and told him it was my friend's car (I didn't know the owner, in fact, I just lied). There was a bit of commotion and the parking lot staff acutally paged for the owner of the car. Since I didn't actually know the owner (who was coming) I left the scene to the parking lot attendant, the suv owner and his son. I don't know what happened, but I hope insurance issues were involved.

Okay perhaps that was a little over the top and it was his 12yo son. But I was just so irate about every single time I get home to find a dink in by door because some idiot decided to use my evo or my sti as a bloody door stop!
holy crap dude, your english is excellent!! im thai as well, most of my family lives in thailand. after talking about the evo so much, my dad bought one over there too lol. i was there in the summer visiting the family and everything had an exhaust, it was crazy lol. i cant imagine what u car hobbyists do in some situations over there, like parking at a shopping center and have to leave the car in N so ppl can slide your car in order to get out of their spots.
lol sorry i know that was off topic
Old Nov 21, 2005, 04:51 PM
Evolved Member

I have a garage queen/show car and I have a couple small scratches. Black cars and rude drivers make it hard to keep it flawless.
Old Nov 21, 2005, 04:53 PM
wj4
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by x838nwy
Oh btw;

Dent in the rear door = most likely to be caused by a child. see my SUV episode. Most of my dents are on the rear doors.

Evo's are wider than people think. Specially with the agressive fenders. I think it's fairly easy for people to unintentionally park too close.

Yours is black. Mine is graphite gray. So I suppose the colour makes it a little harder to judge specially in poor light. But still, I don't hit other people's car with my door!!
i honestly didnt know if it was a dent or not because the evo has the weird body line that starts from teh rear door all the way to the tail light. i gave it a good hand wash job and clayed the car to determine that it was indeed a dent. u cant see it becuase it blends in with the curves but u can feel it. knowing it is there just kills me even tho there is no paint cracking or anything

I have a garage queen/show car and I have a couple small scratches. Black cars and rude drivers make it hard to keep it flawless.
ive seen both ur cars and they are both hot! i agree so many swirl marks and scratches on black carbut when its shiny...its sooo nice.
Old Nov 21, 2005, 04:54 PM

Let me tell you about my luck....

1st - Got cracked front window on Interstate 95

2nd - Blew motor up at 18lbs of boost.

3rd - Plywood on US Rt.1 flys up scratches & almost takes off the drivers mirror.

I hope that is it (3) things, and it's done.

MACHC5
Old Nov 21, 2005, 04:57 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Philly, Germany, Japan, UK...South Dakota (Da Sticks).......
Dude you just don't know?!?! I can't believe how ignorant people can be towards other peoples property. So far I have had my car for 3 years and I have managed not to get any major scratches or dings in the doors or the actual steel body but when my car was shipped to the UK the shippers jacked up what was my flawless rear bumper. If you ask me there are nothing but a bunch of haters out there!!! and I'm glad I'm not the only one who notices it. Biggest pet peeve....bad drivers and bad parkers.
Old Nov 21, 2005, 04:59 PM
wj4
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MACHC5
1st - Got cracked front window on Interstate 95

2nd - Blew motor up at 18lbs of boost.

3rd - Plywood on US Rt.1 flys up scratches & almost takes off the drivers mirror.

I hope that is it (3) things, and it's done.

MACHC5
lol i find the most random things on the freeways too. the most ridiculous thing was that i almost ran into a primered bumper but it was 1am so no one was around me so i was able to swerve around it. most grusome story of that sort would prolly be my friend running into a coyote on the 101 after putting a cwest kit on. that was just gross/weird
Old Nov 21, 2005, 05:08 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Philly, Germany, Japan, UK...South Dakota (Da Sticks).......
Oh I had forgot to mention that a tumble weed had rolled over my hood and scratched that up; I had ran a 18 wheeler's tire over because it was in the middle of the road and it was pitch black on the highway even with the lights on; My cars front end had bottomed out on a dip in the street that wasn't visible and scratched the front lip up and then it hailed on my ride!!! Ain't that some sH*t?!? Whew!!! I'm glad I got that out of my system...
Old Nov 21, 2005, 05:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wj4
holy crap dude, your english is excellent!! im thai as well, most of my family lives in thailand. after talking about the evo so much, my dad bought one over there too lol. i was there in the summer visiting the family and everything had an exhaust, it was crazy lol. i cant imagine what u car hobbyists do in some situations over there, like parking at a shopping center and have to leave the car in N so ppl can slide your car in order to get out of their spots.
lol sorry i know that was off topic
Cheers, mate. Parking lots here are TIGHT!! And I always park in the slots. Can't bear the thought of some idiot pushing my car around (probably by its spoiler!!).
Old Nov 21, 2005, 05:26 PM
Evolving Member

My 03' RR had almost perfect paint. The only places that were not so perfect were the paint chip dings right behind the drivers side read door. Then again, I only had 8200 miles on it, and when I drove it around, I never stopped anywhere to allow door dings and other issues. Garage queen yes, but the queen was driven hard when it was driven.

I plan on doing the same for the IX, with the exception of driving it more.

Quick Reply: how lucky is your evo from getting scratches, dents, etc?