Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Spy Photos of RWD JDM EVOs in "The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift"

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2005, 05:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damn it I'm screwed now, if we weren't labeled as ricers yet we will be now
Old Nov 24, 2005, 08:10 PM
Evolved Member

The Japanese License Plate in front of/obscuring the intercooler has to be great for performance. I bet that really ups the exchange efficiency!
Old Nov 24, 2005, 08:15 PM
Evolving Member

Maybe after everyone sees this movie the will think our evos are drifters
Old Nov 24, 2005, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Why do they have to rice out those evos? why not more color variations?
Old Nov 24, 2005, 08:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They must be doing some serious drifting if they plan on going through that many EVO's. At least they picked some very good parts like the Exedy clutch and Rays rims.
Old Nov 24, 2005, 08:39 PM
Evolved Member

is the mustang still going to be in the movie?
Old Nov 24, 2005, 08:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by King Of Imports
They have been converted to RHD for drifting purposes according to insiders at the set.
It's easier to drift when you're sitting on the right side....
Old Nov 24, 2005, 09:00 PM
Evolved Member

Freakin' Fast and Furius When are the know it alls in Hollywood going to figure out that Fast and Furious is the lamest most poorest representation of owners of the cars they are featuring. Not to mention that the story lines and actors blow donkey doo doo

Oh well, there will always be those guys that think putting a license plate right in front of an IC is COOL
Old Nov 24, 2005, 09:18 PM
Evolving Member

the fast and the furious is stupid, it does not accurately depic anyting related to motor sports, i hear 10 sec car, i don't see them at a drag, i don't see them on the track, it leads people to think that these things are alright to do on the street and give the people who are in real motor sports bad raps, i know some will disagree but thats my view. It's alot of show, so show show cars, don't show them racing on the streets, not only that, i strongly believe that's where the majority of ricers came along when ff come out, body kited cars with decals racing anything thats moves, for gods sakes, i've had so many ****ing ricer try to race me on the road when we were in populated areas and i personally know a friend of mine, her dog was killed on her front lawn cause some ricer boy in a civil lost control in a RESDENTIAL area, went onto her lawn and hit her dog.
Old Nov 24, 2005, 10:02 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Being an older f-u-c-k who's been in and out of the "scene" since before it was a "scene", F&F was the single most harmful event in the history of imports. All of the attention it brought to what was going on helped set fire to negative legislation, and bring an already blossoming movement into view of those who dubbed it a "street racing menace to society". Got news for you that don't know... there has been more road carnage due to pickup truck street racing incidents than import cars driven by "ricers"... but that doesn't "make news".

-Zeus trying not to go a rant of how a single movie charred his favorite pass time... forever-
Old Nov 24, 2005, 10:12 PM
Evolved Member

I have heard of so many street racing stories from the 60's and 70's that it makes it seem like tracks didn't exist back then. It is definitely not something invented or made popular by imports.
Old Nov 24, 2005, 10:22 PM
Evolved Member

Atleast those aren't as riced out as the one from previous movies, I don't think this one will be as bad as the previous movies.
Old Nov 24, 2005, 10:29 PM
Evolving Member

I despise movies like this...they are so fake and bring so much negative attention to us that are the true hardcore enthusiasts.....that being said, makin movies like this will always be smart, for Hollywood. They make money, plain and simple. There's a reason why a third installment of this garbage is comin out...SOMEBODY is payin to go see em, lol. Let's face it, we "true tuners" (not the ricers) are really just a small niche crowd. These movies are designed to cater to a larger crowd. It's funny seein the crowds let out after the movie is over..it seems that every car in the parking lot has to leave doin a burnout, or blow-off...

Anyway, nothin much you can do about it I guess. I'll stick to spendin my money on makin my Evo PERFORM rather than have too much unnecessary bling (ie, noens, ridiculous body kits, ginormous wings, 18 12" subwoofers, etc)
Old Nov 24, 2005, 11:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by King Of Imports

nice spy shots
i wonder if this busted evo is part of the movie or just bad driving?
Old Nov 24, 2005, 11:26 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
definitely bad driving i think, or someone just crashed it while filming. and I highly doubt the cars were converted to RHD, especially when they have jdm evo 7/8 headlights already, they are probably just RHD evo 8's.

and now this movie is gonna even further hurt the image of the evo.

Quick Reply: Spy Photos of RWD JDM EVOs in "The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift"