Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Spy Photos of RWD JDM EVOs in "The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift"

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2005, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
they're not so bad...
cept for the hideous silver mesh on the front!!
Old Nov 25, 2005, 08:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SuperHatch
It's easier to drift when you're sitting on the right side....
How?

If the RRE testing of the RWD Evo 9 has anything to do with this, then the cars were converted to RWD make drifiting easier, not driver position. Just like the R34 was for the last movie.

Originally Posted by AznFlip
Those are dummy Evos. Just like the VII's from 2f2f.
Everything I have seen and read leads me to the conclusion that those were real EVO VII's provided by Mitsubishi Motors. Looks like they did not come back this time to help sponsor and provide vehicles or else why would they remove the emblems from the front of all those cars?

Originally Posted by BADEVO
If this movie has THIS BIG of an impact on you and your life...... YOU HAVE NO LIFE!
I agree wholeheartedly. I love it when all the supposedly hard core O.G. tuners come out and say the scene was ruined and they can't enjoy the import lifestyle anymore. All the vendors who say the ricers come out and buy cheap parts and don't appreciate good work, whatever. All it does is create a market for light up windshield wiper nozzles, neon graphics, hubcap spinners, and $99 mufflers. Demand for MKIV's and 2G's definitely went up after the first movie. If it creates a demand for more sport compacts, so be it. Probably means one less SUV or truck on the road which is fine by me.
Old Nov 25, 2005, 08:18 AM

Can we get back to making fun of the person who posted this. How in the hell did he think these photos proved that the cars were RWD? That's like saying, "hey that car has stickers and **** on it... it must have an engine swap." Sorry to harp on it... but I hate when people try to ACT like they know something.
Old Nov 25, 2005, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It's easier to drift when you're sitting on the right side....

classic!!!!
Old Nov 25, 2005, 02:39 PM
Evolving Member

if you look closely, the rear bumper are USDM style, not JDN. The movie shoots the Evo's with RHD and japanese license plates but with U.S.A. bumpers. Seems strange to me..
Old Nov 25, 2005, 02:58 PM

I know for Ronin they had right hand drive cars with fake left side controls for the stars. The stunt driver would drive the car from the right side while you had a close up of the star in the vehicle fake driving. Adds realism I guess, do you think they may be doing this trick for FnF3.
Old Nov 25, 2005, 03:06 PM
EvoM Guru

Don't be too hasty to judge it or judge it on the past movies. I have been getting almost daily updates from the drivers and the stuff they are doing is absolutely cool from a pure extreme driving standpoint. Yea the plot and the acting...well you know But I'll go for the driving FWIW
Old Nov 25, 2005, 03:08 PM
Evolved Member

I agree it looks like an APR ad with all the evil-rs just chillen there. This movie seems like it will bring a bad name to our cars ARGGHHHHH
Originally Posted by il2az
It looks like an APR ad
Old Nov 25, 2005, 03:12 PM
Evolved Member

ITS A FUUKIN MOVIE FOR GODS SAKE! I know you guys dont believe that RAMBO actually could do all the things from the movie right? Or that Aliens from area 51 are coming for us. MOVIE = Fantasy, fake, etc etc etc. If this movie has THIS BIG of an impact on you and your life...... YOU HAVE NO LIFE!
+++++++++++++++1
Old Nov 25, 2005, 03:22 PM
Evolving Member

2f2f was produced by americans (hollywood), so americans are the original rice. no offence but stop with the 'rice' thing cuz to be honest we're the true ricers.
Old Nov 25, 2005, 03:57 PM
Evolving Member

ITS A FUUKIN MOVIE FOR GODS SAKE! I know you guys dont believe that RAMBO actually could do all the things from the movie right? Or that Aliens from area 51 are coming for us. MOVIE = Fantasy, fake, etc etc etc. If this movie has THIS BIG of an impact on you and your life...... YOU HAVE NO LIFE!
i dont think you get out much... but sorry, is it our fault that we get targeted and labeled the wrong way just because our Evo's have a big wing on its trunk? The truth is, after the first FF, none car-enthusiasts don't care if your a ricer or a real car enthusiast, in their eyes, your just as bad because of what the media shows them. And it does tend to get really annoying when your being harassed everyday on your way to school/work by some moron who thinks his "loud" *** Camry is faster than your Evo.

I do remember before FF even came out, street racing events were a normal thing here in Chicago, and ****, even cops would sit there and watch. But after the FF bang, and every kid with a beater comes out to try and IMITATE the retarded movie, it does ruin it for a lot of people. I may not be in the scene as long as some of you, but after the FF craze and the aftermath of it, the difference was really obvious.
Old Nov 25, 2005, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Wizeguy9999
Can we get back to making fun of the person who posted this. How in the hell did he think these photos proved that the cars were RWD? That's like saying, "hey that car has stickers and **** on it... it must have an engine swap." Sorry to harp on it... but I hate when people try to ACT like they know something.
Did you not read the below quoted text that I had posted earlier?

Originally Posted by King Of Imports
They have been converted to RHD for drifting purposes according to insiders at the set.
I did not say they were RWD because I "knew" that, I was relaying what I was told. Try to not get such a hard-on to flame people. This is a community of enthusiasts. We can talk to each other respectfully.
Old Nov 25, 2005, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Wizeguy9999
its been all over a million websites for the past few months atleast, and I even saw a video clip on tv, mentioning that these evo's were converted to rear wheel drive, which cant be that hard to do since ther already awd.
Old Nov 25, 2005, 09:19 PM
Evolved Member

I saw those 2 yellow/brown 350Z's being transported in L.A. a couple months back.
Old Nov 25, 2005, 09:42 PM
Evolved Member

hey, im sorry if people take offense to the movie and get all political, but i like to watch them. both to see cool cars, and then to mock the directors and producers glorify NOS. but honestly i go, and watch a movie, knowing that it is a movie and not to be taken all that seriously. i dont feel that it has a huge impact to society and think that when a hundred kids meet at industrial parks to race, its because they want to, not because a movie showed them how to do it.

Quick Reply: Spy Photos of RWD JDM EVOs in "The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift"