Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Spy Photos of RWD JDM EVOs in "The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift"

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2005, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow, that grill...a touch of rice.
Old Nov 26, 2005, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by jkim2001
I personally dont give a rat's a-s-s about the movie since it doesn't depict the true roots and history of imports: Japanese and Japanese-Americans from Gardena/Torrance/South Bay who really got the import scene going, not white guys and god forbid Vin Diesel. Another tick against the 2F2F gaydom. Nothing against other races but its time we respect the Asian culture for bringing this to us first.
does that mean all the high performance saabs in the us were done up by swedish-americans? and bmw's by german-americans?
Old Nov 26, 2005, 01:57 PM
Evolving Member

I wouldn't worry too much about the increased popularity of Evo's as I'm guessing the majority of this movies target audience of impressionable morons who try to ship parts from Japan overnight to decimate all in their 2JZ-GE-powered NA Supra wouldn't have the cash to buy a car (let alone an Evo). That doesn't go to say someones going to try clutch kick their new Evo around a corner to drift it though.

Notice how this movies kinda centered around the tuner-scene flavour of the month? as in "JDM" and "Drifting"?

Also, most of the "Evo's" shown in the second film were just NA Lancers. Look at the tailights.

Last edited by Touge; Nov 26, 2005 at 02:18 PM.
Old Nov 26, 2005, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

Thats alot of G-Games.
Old Nov 26, 2005, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

Oh well. I think the movies are entertaining (comedies if you will). That is the only reason I go to see these movies.
Old Nov 26, 2005, 02:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LoCo4
Oh well. I think the movies are entertaining (comedies if you will). That is the only reason I go to see these movies.
lol I'll have to go see it or else I won't know what everyone's talking about when they make some random statement or some b*ll**** comment. I'll probably end up flaming someone for saying they drifted their 10-second Evo not knowing it was a stab at the movie.
Old Nov 26, 2005, 02:55 PM
Evolving Member

Do they have to put big wings on every thing?
Old Nov 26, 2005, 04:47 PM
Evolving Member

looks like its in Japan ! pretty cool !
Old Nov 26, 2005, 05:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jkim2001
I personally dont give a rat's a-s-s about the movie since it doesn't depict the true roots and history of imports: Japanese and Japanese-Americans from Gardena/Torrance/South Bay who really got the import scene going, not white guys and god forbid Vin Diesel. Another tick against the 2F2F gaydom. Nothing against other races but its time we respect the Asian culture for bringing this to us first.
ummmmm that's pretty dumb in general.. and i'm from the south bay.
Old Nov 26, 2005, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

i heard they were trying to be more 'JDM' in this movie
Old Nov 27, 2005, 12:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by drivethrufinch3
These movies spawn so many people i hate. The other day a kid was talking to me saying how his brothers rx7 did 150 in 4th. Hes like it MUST do ATLEAST like 220-240 in 5th. Im like what are you retarted. I ask what he has done to it. Answer: Body kit. Thats it. (btw unpainted but still on car anyway, dout it will ever get painted) The kid tried to tell me that this kit affected aero so much that his brother didnt need any performance mods to do 220-240. I didnt even bother trying to tell him how retarted he was.
You have absolutely no idea how hard I laughed at this ! I just keep imagining that kid being like OMG, 5th gear = 240 MPH!!! OMG
Old Nov 27, 2005, 06:25 AM

crap...ive been looking to get a new MR. this is going to make our insurance rates go up nicely and damage the evo's reputation with the smokies even more... ugh

bring on the poseurs

Last edited by ian840; Nov 27, 2005 at 06:28 AM.
Old Nov 27, 2005, 06:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Kwman
Thats alot of G-Games.
I do realize the cars have RAYS stickers on them, but those don't look like G-games 77-wolfs to me. I have them on my 2G and the center cap is different plus the shape of the spokes not the same. Maybe they are SF-Challenges. Or maybe just like every F&F movie, its not completely authentic and correct and they just have RAYS stickers with maybe RO_JA wheels or something.

Last edited by GPTourer; Nov 27, 2005 at 06:54 AM.
Old Nov 27, 2005, 07:05 AM
Evolved Member

am i the only one who thinks the chicks in 2f2f are hot? Anyway, i'm a little disappointed with these evo's. The orange/black mazda looks MUCH better.

seriously, though, I personally don't agree with what is depicted in these fast and furious movies. I drive fast (not boasting) but I don't street race. I don't disapprove of people who do but these movies are getting more people into street racing and more dangerously, people without clues. They just spend money and more annoyingly just talk ****. Then there's people who feed off these clueless wannabe racers, selling fake parts, bad installs etc for heaps of money.

Don't get me wrong, how other people spend money has nothing to do with me. But i think the fast and furious movies as a whole have had a bad influence on the whole performance car scene.

But anyway, that's not really the fault of the movie makers, but more of the people who get the wrong ideas. In my book, you can make any movie you like and it's up to the person watching it to make up their own minds. I personally enjoy the films for what they are (2 hours of entertainment, and a few shots of hot chicks) and I don't walk out of them with an urge to buy body kits and nitrous. It's clear that most people don't but it's a shame that some do.
Old Nov 27, 2005, 07:09 AM
Evolved Member

I wonder if Vin Diesel will be riding these scooters.

The Fast and the Furious and the clutchless....

Quick Reply: Spy Photos of RWD JDM EVOs in "The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift"