Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Spy Photos of RWD JDM EVOs in "The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift"

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2005, 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I actualy don't mind these movies. I'm guessing i'm the ONLY one on this forum? I like ANYTHING that has to do with racing or cars. No matter how dumb or far fetched it may be. You see A LOT of movies that have to do with military jets doing crazy stuff and i didn't give up my pilots license because of it. For example: The movie "broken arrow" isn't actualy what you'd call that type of nuclear mishap so that entire movie is off it's mark.
Old Dec 14, 2005, 02:30 PM

Damm....TOO much rice.. the Evo from FF2 was ugly. Evo's for FF3 ugly. At least they didnt rice out the STI.....or did they? why the EVO's!!!!!!!
Old Dec 14, 2005, 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

I can't believe I just read seven pages of crap. The orange rx-7 looks cool.
Don't worry about stupid people. Darwinism will take care of them.
I'll go see this movie because it has an EVO in it. I like cars, and anything to do with them. No matter how rediculous and impossible it may be.

Peace
Old Dec 14, 2005, 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
man I can already see retarded fast and the furious ricers asking me to drift with my evo.....
Old Dec 14, 2005, 03:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GPTourer

Everything I have seen and read leads me to the conclusion that those were real EVO VII's provided by Mitsubishi Motors. Looks like they did not come back this time to help sponsor and provide vehicles or else why would they remove the emblems from the front of all those cars?
no they just didnt paint the badge, and those are def. evo 9's not 8's
Old Dec 14, 2005, 03:12 PM
Evolved Member

^^ I agree, they are IX's
Old Dec 14, 2005, 03:27 PM

Those are SWEET!!!

Don
Old Dec 14, 2005, 03:33 PM

ill be buying the bootleg.
Old Dec 14, 2005, 03:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by keevo54
^^ I agree, they are IX's
What leads you to believe that.

Everything I see leads me to believe they are VIII MRs.

The front bumper, rear bumper, Tail lights, etc.

Where does the IX come apparent??
Old Dec 14, 2005, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 05ES
What leads you to believe that.

Everything I see leads me to believe they are VIII MRs.

The front bumper, rear bumper, Tail lights, etc.

Where does the IX come apparent??
its a evo8 front bumper because the apr kit comes with the 8 front,but 4 jdm white ix were brought to huntington beach mitsu in cali
Old Dec 14, 2005, 03:38 PM
Evolved Member

plus all those movies of the RMR RWD evo is a evo 9
Old Dec 14, 2005, 03:46 PM
Evolving Member

I watched the first 2 and I'll watch this one (and keep an open mind until I see it) but so far they haven't been that great as far as the cars and driving goes. I'll watch any car movie and probably enjoy it but I do wish that someone would make a more "real" movie. Something like you would see if you watched racing on T.V., except around streets and stuff.

It is obvious that the actors they use can't drive anything like they need to be able to do the sort of things the cars are doing, you can tell by the way the sit in the car and hold and turn the steering wheel and stuff that they aren't the greatest drivers. It wouldn't take much for them to learn the basics and make it a lot more real, I thought that is what being an actor/actress was about.

Then I hate the big jumps and stunts they do where the cars are obviously seriously damaged or even written off but in the next shot they are fine and still driving and sometimes don't even have any damage. If the cars can't handle the stunts then don't do those stunts. I think that about all stunts, not just car stunts.

I also don't like all this "racing" where they have hundreds of gearchanges and whenever someone starts to get ahead you just change up another gear and catch up (or you push the accelerator down harder, why wasn't it already down?) and 9sec 1/4's that tae 2 minutes.

What I really want is something more like Bullit. It wasn't 100% realistic but it was close (and a lot better than all these newer movies) and at least the two guys could drive in real life (with McQueen doing at least some of the driving and the other guy being a stunt driver anyway) so it looked like they were actually driving the cars and the cars didn't do anything too ridiculous. Ronin & The Transporter were better but still not 100% (and The Transporter 2 was a step backwards). I don't know why they can't do this, in some ways it should be cheaper and easier than what they do now.
Old Dec 14, 2005, 04:18 PM
Evolved Member

Ya know what...all in all it is kinda cool that after you leave that movie (bc u all know ur going to see it - stop lying to urselfs) you will be getting into the car that ALOT of people will be wishing they got into....
As far as the cornballs in the parking lots that will be doing burnouts, trying to race you or reving their POS....just laugh. As a Evo owner you should be a "role model" and be the bigger man.
Lets face it....they arent filming a movie with a beat up 89 sentra in it. If we dont give people a reason to believe that Evo owners are retards - they wont.

Sorry for the rant, im just sick of being assoicated with stupid ricers cause i drive a fast car...
Old Dec 14, 2005, 04:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by AznX TL
no they just didnt paint the badge, and those are def. evo 9's not 8's
Gotcha. So you are saying they are IX's with APR widebody kits which just happen to resemble the OEM VIII front, but of course wider, and the emblem is just a indention unpainted.
Old Dec 14, 2005, 04:54 PM
Evolved Member

APR...yuck

Quick Reply: Spy Photos of RWD JDM EVOs in "The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift"