Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

LPI Exhaust Pics and Little Review....

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2005, 07:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up LPI Exhaust Pics and Little Review....

Well I finally got my LPI exhaust today after it has been on backorder forever. I ordered the full turboback but only the catback has come so far. I'll have to talk to them but it doesn't really bother me. So initial impressions: beautiful looking piece. Beautiful welds, thick flanges, minimal bends, and pretty much anything you would want. Stock exhaust was unbolted and I got this bolted up in 30 min or so. It fit like a glove. Turned the key and it sounds great. I am so surprised by how quiet it still is in the cabin while having a really nice growl outside. Now for the drone test, the one thing that I absolutely hated about daily driving the DSM. None. Doesn't drone around town nor at an interstate cruise. Decent pickup in power for just being the catback as well. We'll see how this all changes once I get ahold of the DP and resonated test pipe. Here are some pics. They are a little bit dark cause I hate flashes and it's hard to take clear snapshots with long exposures. And yes, my car is FILTHY. That's also my DSM in case anybody wanted to know. 521AWHP on 93 pump, no alky, nothing, at 26psi.

Old Dec 19, 2005, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

Very nice exhaust, welds look clean. Let us know when you get the rest of it and post pics.

On a side not, that is a hell of a whp for pump, very nice numbers!!! Are you on dsmtuners.com by any chance? Any links to your beast, as far as specs and such?
Also I noticed you changed the front end from a Talon to an Eclipse, good stuff. I just got my MAFTpro in the mail for my 92 awd, I haven't had a chance to install it yet.
Old Dec 19, 2005, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

whats LPI stand for
Old Dec 19, 2005, 07:47 PM
Evolving Member

Logic Performance...And yes, I was the cover car on DSMTuners for a couple months not TOO long back. My name on there is super95awd. My mod list is pretty half *** though because it won't let me type anymore in there .
Old Dec 19, 2005, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

oh ok figured it was Logic performance, not sure what the I was for..yea i remember seeing ur car on DSMtuners too. the feature car. how much u pay for the turboback, pretty sweet looking piece, tryna decide on exhaust right now. How's the sound on that sucker too
Old Dec 19, 2005, 07:55 PM
Evolving Member

550 for the turbo-back with resonated test pipe. Great deal if you ask me. Sounds pretty much as good as any DSM or Evo can sound. Not raspy or tinny at all. Just nice and smooth.... My video camera records in Dolby 5.1 and I could get a shot of how it sounds, but I don't feel like compressing and and all that bull****. But you definitely wouldn't be disappointed in the sound.
Old Dec 19, 2005, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i love my lpi turboback. the exhaust we sound a little deeper as you "break it in"
Old Dec 19, 2005, 08:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by super05awd
Logic Performance...And yes, I was the cover car on DSMTuners for a couple months not TOO long back. My name on there is super95awd. My mod list is pretty half *** though because it won't let me type anymore in there .
Hahaha, nice, I figured that was you.... good stuff!
Old Dec 19, 2005, 08:13 PM
Evolving Member

I had a problem when I bought that turboback. I sent it back to Logic. The downpipe had filiment issues, the mid-pipe rubbed against the heatshield and the muffler section almost melted my rear bumber. So it did not fit my 05 Evo. I even had a proffesional muffler shop try to install it and still did not fit properly. Plus the actual name brand is not LPI, it is an off-brand name found on ebay for less than $300 for the complete turboback. I glad that some of you guys did not have issues with this TB but I did.
Old Dec 19, 2005, 08:14 PM
Evolving Member

Where'd you order the TBE from?(website, store, etc.) Im looking to buy one soon.
Old Dec 19, 2005, 08:19 PM
Evolved Member

Snake: You can get them at www.logicperformance.com

I have the LPI cat back on mine as well, with Perrin cat-delete and LPI downpipe. (that does not clear my '05 ACD - DC Sports downpipe on order/backorder) It's quite a bit louder than stock, but not bad. Everyone says it sounds really nice.

The exhaust tip on mine was not centered in the bumper notch as well as yours is, and it burned the plastic a little the first time we took it for a drive. I dropped it and bent the hangers a little to get it centered.

Also, about a month or two after installing it, the band around the muffler broke at the spot weld. I just took it off and it stays in place fine without it.

Last edited by Killboy; Dec 19, 2005 at 08:21 PM.
Old Dec 19, 2005, 08:24 PM
Evolving Member

The actual name brand is Tsudo
Old Dec 19, 2005, 08:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Killboy
Snake: You can get them at www.logicperformance.com

I have the LPI cat back on mine as well, with Perrin cat-delete and LPI downpipe. (that does not clear my '05 ACD - DC Sports downpipe on order/backorder) It's quite a bit louder than stock, but not bad. Everyone says it sounds really nice.

The exhaust tip on mine was not centered in the bumper notch as well as yours is, and it burned the plastic a little the first time we took it for a drive. I dropped it and bent the hangers a little to get it centered.

Also, about a month or two after installing it, the band around the muffler broke at the spot weld. I just took it off and it stays in place fine without it.
Thanks!
Old Dec 19, 2005, 08:29 PM
Evolving Member

Well hmmmm, when I talk to Logic I'll make sure I have them send me the DC downpipe instead of the LPI. Thanks for the info. As far as the fitment, it just bolted up and was pretty nicely center. I wrestled around with it a little bit and now it's perfect.
Old Dec 19, 2005, 09:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by super05awd
Well hmmmm, when I talk to Logic I'll make sure I have them send me the DC downpipe instead of the LPI.
I emailed them several times, and even spoke with them on the phone about changing the description on the LPI downpipe to note that it does not clear the ACD, and they said they would change it but never did. At least they did post my "Review" pointing out the fitment issue.

Good luck getting the DC from them...I've been waiting for months.

Quick Reply: LPI Exhaust Pics and Little Review....