Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Ok guys ...here it is!! prototype headlight intake duct!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2006 | 02:51 PM
Evolving Member

hmmmmm....i wonder why the designers from Sun Auto decided to do that mod on the cyber evo...which is arguably the baddest evo around. I tell you what...you pair that piping with either Apex-i's or the HKS Kansai cold-air box and I'd say that you have a pretty nice setup...and what do you know...you have ram air...rice my ***...Leave trash talking for the 15 year olds and while your at stop being a jag off...EvoDave came out with a nice mod that is uncommon and functional and those who want it will pay for it. Mod on Dave.
just my .02
Old Mar 8, 2006 | 03:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by redteam22003
no haters in here..its just that for less then $350 you can get an intake that give you more power, a down pipe for more power or even tuning the car...for more power
a pipe with a hole into headlight for $350...hmmm again thats like a lip for $720
BTW you can get upper and lower intercooler hard piping for $400 (thats $50 more) http://www.hopupracing.com/xsenrahapiki.html
Supposing you already have those things, and you want this thing?

I don't think some of you have a very firm grasp on the difficulty of installing this piece air-tight within the headlight housing. That labor is included in the cost. I know I wouldn't do it for less.

There is obviously a market for it. If you feel you can do it for less, seriously, put your money where your mouth is. You don't have to buy the product & included service.
Old Mar 9, 2006 | 07:20 AM
Evolving Member

It's a cool modification. I like the idea and the look of it. Evodave i respect all your work and ur dedication to the members of this site. My opinion of this mod tho, is that it is POINTLESS!!!!!(for the average poor evo owner)
Old Mar 18, 2006 | 07:39 AM

Looking good Dave

glad to see you've finally completed it

Guys - if it's just the duct you're after? http://revotec.co.uk/ can supply it in CF
Old Apr 7, 2006 | 08:29 PM
Evolving Member

Bump for updates.....
Old Apr 7, 2006 | 08:40 PM
Evolved Member

I love this, great job EvoDave! Possibly something to think about in the summer after I get a few more mods
Old May 8, 2006 | 08:46 AM
Evolving Member

Has anyone connected this up with an inline filter? Just wondering if snorkeling it up offers any advantage over having it blow on an open element. Easier to tune one way or the other?
Old May 29, 2006 | 11:21 PM
Evolved Member

is this ready for sale?
Old May 30, 2006 | 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by wilson1
is this ready for sale?

I spoke with guy at MPFab (Drifto on here), a few weeks ago, who was going to build these for Evodave. His shop is not far from me so I drove over to check it out. (His car is the one with the prototype in it.) He said that he and Evodave could not agree on some things and that he was not going to make any for Evodave, although he was not opposed to building some more. He had the one he built for Evodave on his desk. He said that Evodave may have another shop working on these, but the ones in the pics that he designed and built are not going to be them.

Last edited by 026TEvo; May 30, 2006 at 11:31 AM.
Old May 30, 2006 | 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

A hole saw, an oven, some spray paint, time, PVC pipe and a plastic little ring is all you need. I mocked mine up in a few hours and got it together. I need to repaint mine and find a little plastic ring that looks nice but it wasnt all that tough to do. Ill post some pics of my mockup if I ever get more batteries for my camera. We could make a how-to if you guys want but really all you do is find the how-to of how to open up the headlights, Get them open and cut a hole out with a hole saw. Pretty straight forward.
Old May 30, 2006 | 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

You have a pic of yours?

Originally Posted by TrinaBabe
A hole saw, an oven, some spray paint, time, PVC pipe and a plastic little ring is all you need. I mocked mine up in a few hours and got it together. I need to repaint mine and find a little plastic ring that looks nice but it wasnt all that tough to do. Ill post some pics of my mockup if I ever get more batteries for my camera. We could make a how-to if you guys want but really all you do is find the how-to of how to open up the headlights, Get them open and cut a hole out with a hole saw. Pretty straight forward.
Old Jul 14, 2006 | 08:13 PM
Evolving Member

Bump for any updates

EvoDave - Can you shed any light here on this?
Old Jul 15, 2006 | 07:41 AM
Evolved Member

updates...?
and please allow for some other form of payment other than paypal.
paypal doesnt allow for caribbean customers and last time I had set you up regarding smoked lights i think.
but it was because of paypal.

if you can organize with the shop you are teamed up with to offer credit card payment i would easily take one of these off your hands.
Old Jul 15, 2006 | 09:01 AM
Evolved Member

updates? really interested in getting it anytime when you are ready!!!
Old Aug 14, 2006 | 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

did anything ever happen with this?

Quick Reply: Ok guys ...here it is!! prototype headlight intake duct!!