Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Ok guys ...here it is!! prototype headlight intake duct!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2006, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow, Looks Sick! awesome idea
Old Jan 27, 2006, 10:05 AM
Evolved Member

Group Buy?
Old Jan 27, 2006, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

WOW, dayum!! i didnt think it would actually come out that GREAT!!! Excellent Job Man!! awsome!!
Old Jan 27, 2006, 10:26 AM
Evolving Member

Its a brilliant idea, however, i think that the difference you would be seing would be so minimal, its almost not worth taking the headlight apart for.
Old Jan 27, 2006, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
+1 on the group buy idea
Old Jan 27, 2006, 10:28 AM
Evolving Member

Wow looks pretty good Dave....
Old Jan 27, 2006, 11:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any plans to mate this to the factory air box?
Old Jan 27, 2006, 11:38 AM

Caint wit to get it hehe!
Old Jan 27, 2006, 11:40 AM

Nice stuff
Old Jan 27, 2006, 12:58 PM
Evolved Member

I just want to try to clarify something to those who keep questioning what type of performance "gains" will be seen from doing this modification.

If you're expecting it to provide a significant whp/wtq difference, I think you've missed the point.

The idea (not necessarily mine from the beginning) originally stemmed from the inlet duct used on the CyberEvo as somewhat of an aesthetic modification that would "look cool" and be something unique that no one else would have.

There IS likely going to be somewhat of a "performance advantage" under off-road/race conditions in which the coolest and most direct airflow possible will be of benefit, but no one is expecting a huge increase in performance. When upgrading to an aftermarket intake system, and no longer using the OEM airbox (which is an effective design in and of itself), open element filters in the engine bay likely struggle to get the most direct airflow from the front of the car, so this piece is designed to aid in helping airflow to an open element filter or intake system.

Dave can also not necessarily design and manufacture and completely sealed airbox to fit every individual's needs and other modifications, so to make this a universal piece allows anyone to adapt it to their own setup.

As has also been mentioned, these ducts would be very effective to use for brake cooling ducting quides and this is something that we will be attempting to use with our own brake duct kits (which will be available soon by the way).

Consider that Dave is offering a product for people to use however they wish. Some people may want it solely because it's different and cool looking. Others will want it for an intake setup. Others will use it for other purposes.

My original intent was to use this product and manufacture my own custom sealed intake box for an open element filter, but I don't know that that will happen or if it is even feasible until I have the headlight duct in hand to "play with". If that doesn't pan out, I will be using it for brake ducting.

Just think about it some more before you all make any assumptions that it's not a "cost effective" product.
Old Jan 27, 2006, 01:08 PM
Account Disabled

Location: driving the 10 second beast in ohio or running lightmods.net
thanks guys for all the questions and answers and comments. i am here to help in anyway and make the dream a reality along with the fabrication and installation side of it. I will install them into the lights for the price. I am still not positive on the exact costs considering expenses of manufacturing the duct , material and also the long time it takes to make these installed properly. i am saying $350-$400 installed in your headlight with warranty. Just PM me if you want in....i have 4 or 5 deposits already.
Dave
Old Jan 27, 2006, 01:15 PM
Evolving Member

amazing
Old Jan 27, 2006, 01:16 PM
Evolving Member

Dave,

Great & I mean Great job. These look great!!!!

Quick question, what if you wanted to maximize the the hole by opening the entire space between the fog light and the middle light & have one big openning. Meaning the two lights would be gone & the material between them would be gone as well.

Could you do that? Then you would have one-light still functioning and the other lights would be gone & it would allow much more air in.
Old Jan 27, 2006, 01:29 PM
Account Disabled

Location: driving the 10 second beast in ohio or running lightmods.net
believe me guys over 50mph this will push TONS of air to the filter...no need to get bigger and crazy with it. Keep the low and high beam and clean looks.
Old Jan 27, 2006, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

would you consider selling the DIY parts? I think I can do it myself if I have that pipe precut.

Quick Reply: Ok guys ...here it is!! prototype headlight intake duct!!