Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

cusco cage installed...pics

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2006, 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cusco cage installed...pics

so I installed my cusco roll cage last night...and man what a job. I am sick today throwing up because i drank 2 redline(energey drinks) just to get the energy to do it. Those drinks are stong and get you wired! (for anyone that knows what im talking about) Anyways...this is not a easy "BOLT IN"..more as a "slam/bang/hammer IN"..me and 3 frinds worked form 8pm to 12:30..so heres the results. I posted many angles becasue when i searched for pics I found only a few..maybe some people would like to know where all the mounting points are...where exactly the bars go etc. MY first idea was to assemble it in the car..lightly bolt in all the bolts and move the cage slightly around where its going to mount. WRONG. this is SUCH a tight fit i had my whole interiir stripped, carpet pulled back..and even removved the 1/4"sound deadening(where cages bolts to floor) to gain clearence for the center "main" bar. Clearence is sotight between the floor and the headliner that is put a few creases in the headlinereeee. BUt i will get over it. i hope. Also..I dont see how people say this is for a RHD vehicle as both sides are semetrical. Enjoi!

PROS: *Flashy, blue cucso sig. paint
*stiffins up the chassis alot( i didnt get the test it much..but i really felt a ddifference driving it home)
*nice show peice

CONS:
*pretty hard to put in
*little TOO tight of a fit
*not legal for racing..show only!!lol
* you lose your glove box..and sun visors.
pics:

NEXT ON THE LIST:
-advan rs GTR face GOLD - ON ORDER
-Seibon ts-II hood- OnORDER
-cwest front- ON oRDER
-DEFI bf ambver imperial- ON ORDER
-PMU or Rotora BBK(not sure which one yet)
-voltex or wwest side skirts(not sure either yet)

comment and citisism please!!!
Old Feb 5, 2006, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

Looks good
Old Feb 5, 2006, 12:57 PM
Evolved Member

gorgeous. How much did it run you?
Old Feb 5, 2006, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

Why is it not legal for racing?

Looks really good and I love the bride interior.
Old Feb 5, 2006, 01:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sap12687
gorgeous. How much did it run you?
gruppe-s had 1 left $750otd
Old Feb 5, 2006, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

siiick. yeap +1 on the bride interior!!
Old Feb 5, 2006, 01:17 PM
Evolving Member

The cage looks beautiful. I don't understand why a cage would be wanted if it's just for looks, I mean, it's inside the car....who's going to see it when your rolling down the road.

Again, I think it looks real nice but it just doesn't seem to practical. Does it stiffen up the body at all?
Old Feb 5, 2006, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Doogie Howser
Why is it not legal for racing?

Looks really good and I love the bride interior.
because it's a bolt in design and does not meet many sanctioning body requirements. There is also a complete lack of trangulation between the rear supports and the main hoop. There is no side impact bars/protection of any type. I don't know the wall thickness of the tubing either, as this will have a major impact on the safety of the cage.

Last edited by Greg K; Feb 5, 2006 at 01:24 PM.
Old Feb 5, 2006, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jayhawker
The cage looks beautiful. I don't understand why a cage would be wanted if it's just for looks, I mean, it's inside the car....who's going to see it when your rolling down the road.

Again, I think it looks real nice but it just doesn't seem to practical. Does it stiffen up the body at all?
yes it stiffins up the chassis. my car feels more "reactive" now. i wanted it for looks and i donttrack my car anyways(yes i know flame on..lol)If i did i would have got a full weld in scca legal cage. everyones gonna see it rolling down the road! its bright blue its for those JDM freaks. why do people buy engine dress up parts..they sereve no function oversotck besides looks and people arent going to see that roling down the road either? products made for gullible americans and i am one of them!
Old Feb 5, 2006, 01:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by onesicklambo
yes it stiffins up the chassis. my car feels more "reactive" now. i wanted it for looks and i donttrack my car anyways(yes i know flame on..lol)If i did i would have got a full weld in scca legal cage. everyones gonna see it rolling down the road! its bright blue its for those JDM freaks. why do people buy engine dress up parts..they sereve no function oversotck besides looks and people arent going to see that roling down the road either? products made for gullible americans and i am one of them!

Honest and unapologetic is the only way to roll I prefer race cars, but nice job anyway!

Hey lambo--Sorry to threadjack, but WHERE?HOW did you get the rear seats matched to the bride gradients? I was planning on getting some Bride racing seats and I freaking love your interior. Oh, and slightly more on topic--The cage looks sweet.

--Ryan
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by onesicklambo
be careful, my friend is an EMT and has seen quite a few serious head injuries that occur when a street driven car with a cage in it hits something hard. Steel cage + head - helmet = long time in the hospital (if you're lucky).

I won't drive my rally car (other than when I have to on transits) without a helmet on for that very reason.
Old Feb 5, 2006, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

bad a$$
Old Feb 5, 2006, 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Pandasign
Hey lambo--Sorry to threadjack, but WHERE?HOW did you get the rear seats matched to the bride gradients? I was planning on getting some Bride racing seats and I freaking love your interior. Oh, and slightly more on topic--The cage looks sweet.

--Ryan
it wa custom reupholstered at a local shop
Old Feb 5, 2006, 02:07 PM
Account Disabled

Every intersection of tubing is jointed. There is no possible way for it to make the chassis more stout. Bolt in cages are still allowed for some events but not ones that bend around the dashboard like the cusco cage does.

Quick Reply: cusco cage installed...pics