Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

my license plate mod

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2006 | 12:20 AM
Evolved Member

escape the authorities!
Old Feb 7, 2006 | 12:56 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

that is the coolest haha
Old Feb 7, 2006 | 12:57 AM
Evolved Member

This is the law for speed cameras in this country.

1.Must be visible to drivers. Cant hide behind trees or objects....etc
2.Must have big *** yellow sign that reads "WARNING SPEED CAMERA AHEAD" These signs are all visible 30-50 yards before the cameras and must also be visible to drivers

Unless you are that blind and miss the sign then you have another chance of seeing the camera pole ahead of you. I also have a radar detector that will go off 99% of the time when there is a camera ahead. Till this day I have not gotten caught by the speed cameras....knock on wood. In Taipei and freeways I know where most of the cameras are anyways... So why do I have this plate? Im sick of slowing down everytime there is a camera ahead when im in a rush Dont plan on using it everyday...only when im late and dont want to get busted going 10mph above speed limit

Last edited by Derek888; Feb 7, 2006 at 01:09 AM.
Old Feb 7, 2006 | 01:06 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I have a feeling you'll find yourself rarely slowing down haha because that is just way too James Bond to not use all the time
Old Feb 7, 2006 | 02:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jakeg97
lol
so you did buy it
thats some good james bond $hit
actually I got this one for free. The shop owner had it on his STI but took it off. It was just laying there collection dust so I just ganked it.
Old Feb 7, 2006 | 02:42 AM
Evolved Member

Looks great Derek, can you mount a machine-gun barrell to pop out also? how about an oil-slick squirter? I need to get me one of those! where did you get it? need info. Thanks, and hope your clutch is working fine now.
Old Feb 7, 2006 | 02:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by smokedmustang
Looks great Derek, can you mount a machine-gun barrell to pop out also? how about an oil-slick squirter? I need to get me one of those! where did you get it? need info. Thanks, and hope your clutch is working fine now.
sponsor me a machine gun and ill see what I can do You drive a Evo cop car what do you need one of these for
Old Feb 7, 2006 | 02:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Derek888
sponsor me a machine gun and ill see what I can do You drive a Evo cop car what do you need one of these for
To protect my "rear-end"
Old Feb 7, 2006 | 03:02 AM
Evolved Member

To protect my "rear-end"
let me post pics up first. then you decide if you can make one yourself and save some cash
Old Feb 7, 2006 | 04:00 AM
Evolved Member

nice.... hope it works...
Old Feb 7, 2006 | 04:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mr. SUAVE
nice.... hope it works...
Are you refering to the plate? Its been out for 2 years and I just found out about it.... Its proven to work because I also have a friend who installed it on his Evo 8 and he did a test run and never got a ticket. If you have the plate flip upwards it needs to go above horizontal level and angled a bit upwards. If not the camera will still be able to get the plate number...thats what I was told for the cameras in this country due to their height and angle position...not sure about other places. Thats why I'm making my flip downwards for extra security.
Old Feb 7, 2006 | 04:51 AM
Evolved Member

Are you refering to the plate? Its been out for 2 years and I just found out about it.... Its proven to work because I also have a friend who installed it on his Evo 8 and he did a test run and never got a ticket. If you have the plate flip upwards it needs to go above horizontal level and angled a bit upwards. If not the camera will still be able to get the plate number...thats what I was told for the cameras in this country due to their height and angle position...not sure about other places. Thats why I'm making my flip downwards for extra security.
I think it would be cool to have, but my car would be easily identifyable with all my STICKERS! Let us know how you did it!
Old Feb 7, 2006 | 04:56 AM
Evolving Member

I've seen someone do that and add 2 PIAA fog lights behind it so they light up when it opens!!!!
Old Feb 7, 2006 | 04:58 AM
Evolved Member

I think it would be cool to have, but my car would be easily identifyable with all my STICKERS! Let us know how you did it!
give me some time...I think I can come up with something that will instantly make all your stickers disappear
Old Feb 7, 2006 | 05:05 AM
Evolved Member

give me some time...I think I can come up with something that will instantly make all your stickers disappear
Thanks Derek................ Derek Bond, or should I call you "Q"? or is it gadget? haven't seen a Bond movie in a long time!

Quick Reply: my license plate mod