Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Treated myelf today!!!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2006, 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by iLLiVo
you have a harness bar yet your not using it? lol

looks good, but im liking the sparcos a little better
OK, did you not notice the camera mount? Plus the bar actually stiffins the chassis a little.
Old Feb 14, 2006, 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EMR8
Could i get some info inregards to your camera set up. I also have the harness bar and have been looking for a good camera and mount. Please elaborate on your set up. Thanx
The bar by Sparco, camera mount by I/O Port, and the box is made by Bescor.
Old Feb 14, 2006, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kwman
Is that a beer in your cupholder?
Yeah, Root Beer. LOL
Old Feb 14, 2006, 11:44 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by navypaul
ok i have a question... if you have a harness bar why are u still clipping them to the rear seats?? you know thats not a safe mounting point right?? the bar was created for the harness tie them to it... but other then that they look hot!! :]
These harnesses were developed to be piggy backed to the factory DOT-tested mounting points for lap belts in the rear, and these moutning points, in addition to the C-pillar (where the top of the rear should belt is bolted to the car) are the ONLY places to mounts harnesses to in the rear without a harness bar. Child seat clips, straight down the seat back to the floor, etc., are not safe for mounting harnesses. I used to work for Schroth USA and have installed thousands of these belts into cars. We wouldn't sell them to people unless their cars met all DOT safety standards. Looks good, btw. Red on red looks nice. There are new silver Rallye-4 belts as well, which would match your car's exterior quite nicely. Check em out at http://www.hms-motorsport.com/

That is all
Old Feb 14, 2006, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by HMSevo8
These harnesses were developed to be piggy backed to the factory DOT-tested mounting points for lap belts in the rear, and these moutning points, in addition to the C-pillar (where the top of the rear should belt is bolted to the car) are the ONLY places to mounts harnesses to in the rear without a harness bar. Child seat clips, straight down the seat back to the floor, etc., are not safe for mounting harnesses. I used to work for Schroth USA and have installed thousands of these belts into cars. We wouldn't sell them to people unless their cars met all DOT safety standards. Looks good, btw. Red on red looks nice. There are new silver Rallye-4 belts as well, which would match your car's exterior quite nicely. Check em out at http://www.hms-motorsport.com/

That is all
ha i didnt know you guys we're still Rocking the Evo. Thought you got rid of it.
Old Feb 14, 2006, 03:08 PM
Account Disabled

The "box"? What kind of camera and how are you powering it. Also how is the picture and how long is the max recording time??? Thanx. I searched for Bescor and got tripods and batteries, is that the camera manufacturer?
Old Feb 14, 2006, 03:09 PM
Evolving Member

those harnesses looks great with the leather!
Old Feb 14, 2006, 09:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EMR8
The "box"? What kind of camera and how are you powering it. Also how is the picture and how long is the max recording time??? Thanx. I searched for Bescor and got tripods and batteries, is that the camera manufacturer?
I am using a Canon Elura 65 video camera. It will record as long as there is enough tape (or memory card), and has a full charge on the battery. Bescor is the maker of the "grey box" that gives me my pan tilt capability.
Old Feb 14, 2006, 09:13 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for all the comments everyone + or -
Old Feb 14, 2006, 09:41 PM

Wow the red is much hotter than your originals!
Old Feb 14, 2006, 11:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by axis008
Wow the red is much hotter than your originals!
Thanks man, i think so too!!!
Old Feb 15, 2006, 01:26 AM
Evolved Member

Schroth doesn't really make a consumer-level harness that will attach to the bar that I know of. Personally, I feel the stock seatbelt mounting points are stronger than some aftermarket bar.

I love my Schroth belts too. They really lock you down when cornering hard. Be sure to always tighten the bottom belt first, then the tops. Vice versa for loosening.

I left my stock belts in place for driving around town...feel silly pulling up to a drive-thru and fiddling with a racing harness. When I'm not using them, I just flip them back onto the sides of the "ears" of the seats.
Old Feb 15, 2006, 08:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Spooldyou
ha i didnt know you guys we're still Rocking the Evo. Thought you got rid of it.
Yeah, it is my Evo, and I don't work there anymore, so technically, its not there anymore, but I'm always in there. And to boot, I am getting rid of it in 3 days, so they they'll be none rocking the HMS badging.

In regards to the other post above re: seat belt mounting points being safer than the bar, the bar is technically better in that mounting to the rear seatbelt mounting points causes an excessive amount of fabric to be used, and therefore exposed to elongation, during a collision, so an ideal mounting place would be on a bar about 5 inches behind the seat back. But, for DOT-approval and non-track driving, the rallye 4 belts (the ones in this car), are the safest, in that the inside shoulder belts have anti-submarining technology so they can be safely run as a 4-point without risking injuries to the liver or kidneys from submarining, or sliding underneath the lap belt after an impact.
Old Feb 15, 2006, 08:55 AM
Evolved Member

Looking good
Old Feb 15, 2006, 09:07 AM

got any videos online shot using the mount?

Quick Reply: Treated myelf today!!!