Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

New EVO IX owner saying Hi w/pics...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2006, 09:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New EVO IX owner saying Hi w/pics...

Well I finally broke down and picked up my EVO last week and here she is... '06 Electric Blue w/ssl she had 14 miles on her when I got it and now I'm at around 200 and I'm really hating this 1,500 mile break in. I'm in love with this car and can't wait for the mods to start. I forgot how well these cars handle and I think stock for stock it may give my 7 a run for its money I just ordered the Cartboy shifter and bushing kit and a UK IX badge so I guess before she is even a week old she'll have some mods done. Tomorrow I'm going to be ordering the Greddy Ti. Exhaust and I think I may go with the RSR DP since it eliminates the cat and that way I don't have to buy a test pipe. I'm still new at the EVO stuff so hopefully with everyone's help I'll be biulding a beast soon, can anyone reccomend a good tuner for a flash program? Maybe someone fairly local (east coast) I've heard of some guy named AL? Anyone have experience and feel like shedding some light. Also I went to order the springs today but I'm so torn between the Hotchis w/rear sway or the Tein S. I can't help but wonder since the Hotchis springs are lighter in the front that they will not improve the handling as much as all the other springs out since every other major company out there ups the spring rates for better handling. The Teins' seem to be a little lower and I like the look but I don't neccessarily want it to ride any more like a hurse then it already does so I'm really torn. Once again if anyone has any experience first hand I would really like to hear from you. Thanks in advance for any help...

Joe
Attached Thumbnails New EVO IX owner saying Hi w/pics...-evo1.jpg   New EVO IX owner saying Hi w/pics...-evo2.jpg   New EVO IX owner saying Hi w/pics...-evo3.jpg   New EVO IX owner saying Hi w/pics...-evo4.jpg   New EVO IX owner saying Hi w/pics...-evo5.jpg  

Old Feb 14, 2006, 09:53 PM
Account Disabled

Nice collection dude! Which one handles the best?
Old Feb 14, 2006, 10:01 PM
Evolved Member

You are one lucky son of a gun to have all those cars! Congrats! Break in period is about 1000 miles by the way.
Old Feb 14, 2006, 10:01 PM

very nice, wish i had a IX
Old Feb 14, 2006, 10:03 PM
Evolved Member

Welcome to the Evo family as far as the tuner named Al just go to the vendor forums and look at Dynoflash and you will tons of posts about his tuning. Best of luck and again congrads Once you go Evo nothing else will feel the same, it gets in your blood....
Old Feb 14, 2006, 10:03 PM

Nice cars what are the mods on the other cars?
Old Feb 14, 2006, 10:07 PM
Evolved Member

wow nice selection of cars, welcome to the family
Old Feb 14, 2006, 10:13 PM

What an awesome set of rides! Congrats on your new purchase.
Old Feb 14, 2006, 10:19 PM
Evolved Member

wow what a collection of cars! B...E...A...UTIFUL
Old Feb 14, 2006, 10:21 PM
Evolving Member

wow, nice cars
Old Feb 14, 2006, 10:26 PM
Evolving Member

Nice I picked mine up on Saturday. Same Color with SSL. Only had 4 miles on it!
Old Feb 14, 2006, 10:36 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks guys for the warm welcome! I really appreciate As far as which one handles that's a tough one. But if I had to pick I would have to say my RX7 its just so well balanced and low to the ground so for a stock to stock comparrison my hat goes off the the 13 year old relic. The EVO is a VERY stong 2nd as of now but with some mods that may change. I had another yellow 7 about a year ago with a HKS Hipermax setup on it with upgraded sways and struts tower bars and I'll tell you what... I have never been in anything that felt like that and I don't think the EVO will even be that good since the weight and overall height factor is so large. Anyone who says the Supra is great handling car there are out of there mind. I have had 4 Supra's now all with some sort of suspension mods from mild to wild and they don't come close to either car at stock stock levels. I don't buy Supra's for there handling no one does and if they do they have no clue what a good handling car feels like. They are great cars hence my owning 4 of them but for raw power potential and incredible straight line performance and highway racing. As for mods on the other cars not much as of now. The Supra is going under the knife soon as I have all the parts to build a beast but I don't have the time and I do all my own work. I'm basically re-building my first Supra that I ever have with the same parts all over again since it did so well for me the first time around so I have the Greddy 4 row, HKS T51 turbo kit, HKS Rail w/1000cc's injectors, RPS Pro Carbon/Carbon, HKS 264 cams, and all the other ginger bread stuff that goes with a build like that, all the parts and sitting in the boxes new like they have been for almost a year now . The new 7 is going to remain stock for now because it only has 19K miles on it and is about as mint as my new EVO IX inside and out. The Supra only has about 23K miles on it now and now with the EVO I know the miles will stay down. Now my last 7 had all the goodies on it... Greddy T88H, 3 Row, Tec 3, big fuel system yada yada yada... I'll throw in a link to some pics of a couple of the cars from more recent days... enjoy and let me know what you think!

Joe

http://photobucket.com/albums/b124/Holshot/?sc=1
Old Feb 14, 2006, 10:37 PM

congrats on the purchase!

im plannin on goin with the IX... summertime maybe?
Old Feb 14, 2006, 10:48 PM
Evolved Member

sweet color choice. nice garage btw. The 9s are amazing cars. you can pick up over 60 whp with an exhaust and a vishnu flash on 91 octane! Its so much easier for the 9s to make power. Welcome
Old Feb 14, 2006, 10:49 PM
Evolved Member

congrats, you basically have my dream garage, quick question. but which one do you enjoy the most? i know you cant say because you havent really broken the evo in yet. but just wondering.