Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Boost Gauge above clock?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2006 | 04:03 PM

Boost Gauge above clock?

okay guys i ordered up my boost gauge and single pod, i plan on adding egt and probably oil pressure later, but this will be my first gauge, ive seen people mounting pods of 3 up there, but has anyone had a single pod mounted there? yay or nay as far as visual and appearance. please post pic if you have or if you have a pic of it.
Old Feb 15, 2006 | 04:07 PM
JTB
Evolved Member

I put mine here instead, but I have never been a big fan of the little pods on the dash.

Old Feb 15, 2006 | 04:34 PM
Evolved Member

Ive never been a fan of mounting gauges on top of the IP. Drilling holes in the top pad, wires going everywhere, pods that look totally out of place....no, not good. I suppose if you spent a lot of time doing it nicely it would look ok, but I have seen many-a-car with top mounted single gauge pods that just look horrible.

If your doing 1 gauge, I like the steering column on the right side (kinda where JTB has his shift light above). More gauges, either center bezel like JTB (my fav) or on the a-pilar (still nice but a little played out for my taste).
Old Feb 15, 2006 | 04:43 PM

thankyou for the input, i suppose i will just go to the right on the steering column.
Old Feb 15, 2006 | 05:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tarmacevoviii
thankyou for the input, i suppose i will just go to the right on the steering column.
Good choice