Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Fck i got hit today

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2006, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fck i got hit today

i got hit today. just to prove how crappy our paint is... the bumper is all scraped up down to bare metal but not a single dent. its the upper left of the bumper below the headlight, im guessing the whole bumper will need to be repainted to blend it all well. any damage estimates?
might also be a good time for me to upgrade the lip to something cf since that is all damaged from my driveway (high curb)
Old Feb 16, 2006, 01:01 PM
Evolved Member

you got hit??? or you hit something?
Old Feb 16, 2006, 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^+1
what happen?
Old Feb 16, 2006, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

um, to make an estimate wouldn't we need pictures?

for reference, i just got hit last week (in a parking lot). bumper and quarter panel scraped, along with the tail light. $936 to get it fixed.
Old Feb 16, 2006, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

I'm just wondering how the bumper is scraped down to the bare metal when it's made of plastic... And yes, you probably should repaint the whole bumper, I'm sure it wouldn't be much more than just one spot. Also depends on your color. If it is EB, you def. should paint the whole thing because it is probably hard to blend.
Old Feb 16, 2006, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

yea its not bare metal thanks for being technical about it. i Got hit. i was parked and im assuming someone was trying to park or leave the space in front of me and they tapped me. like i said there is not damage besides paint, so it just shows how awful the quality of the paint is. my car is white but ill just have the whole thing repainted regardless of how good of a blend they can do.
Old Feb 16, 2006, 01:42 PM
Evolving Member

Then consider yourself lucky that its just paint, it could have been a lot worst.
Old Feb 16, 2006, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

Old Feb 16, 2006, 05:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jjm4life
just to prove how crappy our paint is... the bumper is all scraped up down to bare metal but not a single dent.
Any car in the world will do that if its the bumper...Best paint or Subaru paint.

Polyurathane is The $hit!It takes ALot to dent.So its actually not the paint
Old Feb 16, 2006, 06:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jjm4life
yea its not bare metal thanks for being technical about it. i Got hit. i was parked and im assuming someone was trying to park or leave the space in front of me and they tapped me. like i said there is not damage besides paint, so it just shows how awful the quality of the paint is. my car is white but ill just have the whole thing repainted regardless of how good of a blend they can do.
How can you sit there and dog the paint on the EVO? You don't even know how hard your car was hit. Also, the urethane bumper will not dent like metal so of course the paint will appear to be f@#$ed while the bumper itself will seem to be fine. Paint is paint, I don't care if it's a $12,000 dollar custom paint job done by Chip Foose or the factory paint on an EVO. If something hits it hard enough - the paint will come off or be seriously scratched/screwed up.
I will argue with anyone that says the EVO has bad paint. The paint on my GG EVO 9 MR is beautifull. I have accidently rubbed the sides of my car with my leather motorcycle jacket while washing and no scratches. The paint polishes and shines up very nice and after washing/waxing the car I have no fine swirls in the paint like my STi had. My friend in Chicago has a red 04' EVO 8. His car is about 2 yaers old and it looks just as good now as it did when he bought it new. My friend is just like me and washes and waxes his car on a regular basis. I'll put the paint on my EVO up against any car in this price range and above. I guess if I totally neglect my paint for the next year by not washing or waxing it - then yeah, the paint job will look awfull and would probably start peeling off. In order to keep ANY paint job looking good and healthy requires a regular regimine of washing and waxing to replenish the oils that keep the paint protected from the elements. If you want to see a car with a "soft" paint job, try a Subaru. The only thing I could wash my STi with was a microfiber sponge from Autozone. Anything else would result in serious fine swirl marks which would require hours of waxing and polishing to remove. My EVO does not do that. I can wash it with a regular sponge and no swirl marks or scratches.
Old Feb 17, 2006, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by el producto
you beat me to it!
Old Feb 17, 2006, 07:53 AM
Account Disabled

You got hit, what did you expect...no kind of damage Don't be upset at Mitsubishi paint, get mad at the person that hit your poor EVO
Old Feb 17, 2006, 08:14 AM
Evolved Member

the paint sucks. yea it could be worse at least there is no cracks of anything in the panels. im just pissed cuase my car looks like hell right now. hopefully none of you ever get in an acident so you dont have to see how thin the paint is. what im reall pissed at is the person who left after hitting me. that might be one of the biggest scumbag moves you can pull, and its not the first time its happend to me either
Old Feb 17, 2006, 10:12 AM
Evolving Member

sorry to hear dude. wouldn't mind stoppin up and checkin it out if you'll be around sometime. again sorry to hear. if you find out who did it we should go have ourselves a little philly beat down.
Old Feb 17, 2006, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by purecoda
um, to make an estimate wouldn't we need pictures?
lol
+1

Quick Reply: Fck i got hit today