Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

APR splitter probs

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2006, 01:44 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
APR splitter probs

I just got an APR splitter today, bolted it on w/ the ss hardware, everything looks great, but it looks like its putting too much tension on my stock lip, i tiny bit of the edge on the stock lip was already sagging a bit, but now w/ the weight of the splitter it hangs even more, i think one of the clips from the stock lip to bumper may be broken, is there anyway to reinforce the lip to bumper? the stock clips seem to be pretty fragile.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 05:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had to replace my stock lip. 380.00, when I drove up on a lift, hit the splitter and kaboom. You have to adjust the rods, so they are not so tight. I personally think the rods are no good. I made some new ones which are better. You can see a picture of the new rods under :Spotted police car evo. THere is a close up of those. loosen the rods. and no you cant replace the clips, you have to replace the whole thing. Good luck.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 06:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know if it will help but i had the same prob and i installed bigger screws and washers. I also decided to install the rods but not on the bumper i installed it on the mesh. I still have a little gap but it hasn't gotte nany bigger and ive had it for about a month now. PM me with ur e-mail and i'll send u some pics for some reason it's not letting me post them here. https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...t=apr+splitter

that's before i installed the rods