Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

GSC Harness Bar and TeamTech Harnesses Installed

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2006, 08:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
GSC Harness Bar and TeamTech Harnesses Installed

Hello Everyone,

Just thought I would share some quick pics of my latest work. Everything went in pretty easy, took about 1.5 hours (cause I'm slow). Sorry for the poor pictures, it is like 11pm and my $80 digital camera has a horrible flash.

Thanks to all the folks at GSC and TeamTech.
http://www.teamtechmotorsports.com/r...erharness.html
I HIGHLY recommend the TeamTech harnesses. They will custom build them with any color harness, padding, and thread that you want. I thought the silver harness/ black padding would look good with my Apex Silver car and black leather. I'm planning on getting an Sparco EVO2 seat soon to make the sub-belt functional.

BTW, DoLuck USA and DoLuck Japan use TeamTech harnesses!

EVOlutionary

Last edited by EVOlutionary; Feb 28, 2006 at 09:19 PM.
Old Feb 28, 2006, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

Ok, how do I resize my pictures. They were like twice the width of the screen??

EDIT - Thanks!

Last edited by EVOlutionary; Feb 28, 2006 at 09:16 PM.
Old Feb 28, 2006, 08:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...ertoySetup.exe

easiest resizer, download install, then you right click the pi tures to resize, and done....its really that easy
Old Feb 28, 2006, 10:49 PM
Evolved Member

Nice set up but do yu realize thats a dangerous way to run the submarine belt of the 5 point. You could do some SERIOUS damage to your nut sack with that thing way out in front like that. Hope you never do, but you really may wanna reconsider that.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 06:08 AM
Account Disabled

looks good but harnesses without a cage is scary
Old Mar 1, 2006, 06:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BADEVO
Nice set up but do yu realize thats a dangerous way to run the submarine belt of the 5 point. You could do some SERIOUS damage to your nut sack with that thing way out in front like that. Hope you never do, but you really may wanna reconsider that.
I just put it in there for the pictures. I am running it as a 4-point until I get the Sparco seat.

Also, this will only be used on the autocross course. No need for a roll bar. If I roll my car at an autocross and crush the roof in I deserve to get hurt.

EVOlutionary
Old Mar 1, 2006, 10:16 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
looks dumb... IMO, is that pink
Old Mar 1, 2006, 11:21 AM
Evolving Member

How much did the gsc harness bar run you if you dont mind me asking?
Old Mar 1, 2006, 01:57 PM
Evolving Member

Hey man, LOOKS good but in all honesty, if you wear those belts without the sub belt you are in FAR worse condition than wearing the stock 3-pointer. Why? Because those TeamTech harnesses aren't designed to prevent submarining without the use of the sub-strap, and sanctioned events, such as SCCA, any car club, etc., will not let you run at their events with a 4-point belt without an anti-submarining mechanism. You're gonna have to hurry up and get the Sparco seat in there, so the sub strap can be attached and help save your life, or not use em. I'm not trying to sound harsh, but I did harness safety for years as my job, and Schroth harnesses are the only DOT approved 4-point system, since the in-board shoulder strap is sewn in a way to allow different elongation, upper torso rotation, and anti-submarining. Plus, the owner of HMS Motorsport, Joe Marko, just finished writing the section in the rule book for SCCA sanctioned events on proper harnesses. You will get significantly injured if you wear only the 4 points of this harness without the substrap, and you will get seriously injured if you wear the sub strap routed in front of the seat bottom like that. No my opinion - proven sled-tested facts.

Check out www.hmsmotorsport.com homepage for more info and Joe's credentials. Give him a buzz. They sell Cobra and Recaro seats. He cares more about your safety than anyone else.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

Those are very nice harnesses. I have 5-points myself, but I keep hearing warnings about having a harness set-up without a roll cage. What then is the solution for a street car that's tracked? CG-Lock? The stock seatbelts certainly don't keep you in place very well.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 03:49 PM
Evolved Member

There isnt enough room in the back seat for passengers with the harness bar, is there?
Old Mar 1, 2006, 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lemacfar
looks dumb... IMO, is that pink
What do you think looks dumb about it? The color, size, etc? The pull tabs are red, just didn't show up well in the picture.

Originally Posted by blink2824
How much did the gsc harness bar run you if you dont mind me asking?
I think it was around $299. It was the same price that GSC has listed on here in their thread about the product.

Originally Posted by HMSevo8
Hey man, LOOKS good but in all honesty, if you wear those belts without the sub belt you are in FAR worse condition than wearing the stock 3-pointer . . .
Thanks for your input. I actually was already aware of all that. As I already mentioned the ONLY place this may be used as a 4pt system is on the autocross course. I know folks who have been autocrossing with a 4pt for years. It's used to hold you in the seat far better than the stock belts so that you can concentrate on winning rather than holding yourself in the seat. Besides, there is nothing for me to hit head on on the autocross course.

Originally Posted by nnorris7413
There isnt enough room in the back seat for passengers with the harness bar, is there?
Passengers fit fine. But, if you get in a head-on wreck I bet even if they are wearing a seat belt they will get a face full of steel!

EVOlutionary
Old Mar 1, 2006, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

this may sound dumb, but is there any way to put harnesses in the back seat, like 4 points, so that passengers wont hit their heads on the harness bar?
Old Mar 1, 2006, 10:11 PM

I think it looks nice
Old Mar 2, 2006, 08:02 AM
Evolving Member

Good point, with only the autocross. I should have read your post a bit more. Good luck with it. The car's an animal on the course. To answer nnorriss' question, there's no SAFE way to put a harness in the backseat, and in all honesty, you shouldn't have anyone back there with a harness bar in the car. Metal bar + unprotected head = bad day

Quick Reply: GSC Harness Bar and TeamTech Harnesses Installed