Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

-PICS- of my Carbing Under-Panel

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2006, 05:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do you guys hear lots of noise from rocks and stuff banging on it while driving around, since its metal?

I just installed my turboxs fmic last night, and unfortunatley the stock undertray will not work w/it.. so i'm looking to get one of these panels, or the beatrush one.
Old Jun 14, 2006, 06:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NocturnalEVO
Do you guys hear lots of noise from rocks and stuff banging on it while driving around, since its metal?

I just installed my turboxs fmic last night, and unfortunatley the stock undertray will not work w/it.. so i'm looking to get one of these panels, or the beatrush one.

A few cuts around the IC with a Dremel and the stock tray will work fine. Took me about 10 minutes laying on my back.
Old Jun 14, 2006, 06:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thanks

The only other reason I'm considering one of these, is because these held on with far less bolts than the oem piece lol.

I wonder if the stock under dam extension (from the zero-lift kit) will work w/these..
Old Aug 24, 2007, 02:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
how are you guys liking the carbing underpanel and how are they holding up?
Old Aug 24, 2007, 02:23 AM
Evolved Member

I bought the Carbing and then the Beatrush. IMHO I would save the extra dollars for the Beatrush. It covers a lot more area in the wheel well which gives you more of a "sealed" undertray like the stocker. Both are nice pieces.. Beatrush just covers way more.
Old Aug 24, 2007, 03:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by justchil
I bought the Carbing and then the Beatrush. IMHO I would save the extra dollars for the Beatrush. It covers a lot more area in the wheel well which gives you more of a "sealed" undertray like the stocker. Both are nice pieces.. Beatrush just covers way more.
Thanks, just the input I was looking for.
Old Aug 24, 2007, 03:59 AM
Evolved Member

What I am trying to avoid is removing the undertray to do an oil change...
Old Aug 24, 2007, 05:44 AM
Evolved Member

wait what??? which one requires you to remove the undertray for an oil change? the Carbing or Beatrush? That's just crazy talk.
Old Aug 24, 2007, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

I'm not sure about the Carbing... you could probably do it w/o removing but it would get messy.

The Beatrush you have to remove 5 bolts to change the oil... it's really easy. You can replace the allen type bolts with 10mm bolts which makes it even easier to get on and off.

If you're really really lazy you cut cut your own panel out of the under tray so that section could be removed quicky... but you're really not going to save that much time IMHO.
Old Aug 24, 2007, 09:29 AM

If you're really really lazy you cut cut your own panel out of the under tray so that section could be removed quicky... but you're really not going to save that much time IMHO.
Hahahaha, now THAT'S lazy.
That's a nice piece, does anybody know what gauge aluminum it is?
Old Aug 24, 2007, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

It's stiff stuff and I know whoever sells it advertises the gauge. If you guys want (when it cools down) I'll take pics of both of them with the carbing on top of the beatrush. My car is apart right now so it's no big deal.

Last edited by justchil; Aug 24, 2007 at 04:00 PM.
Old Aug 24, 2007, 01:27 PM
Evolved Member

It's stick stuff and I know whoever sells it advertises the gauge. If you guys want (when it cools down) I'll take pics of both of them with the carbing on top of the beatrush. My car is apart right now so it's no big deal.
yes please take pics for comparison.
Old Aug 24, 2007, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Will do once the garage is cleaned out.... If anyone needs a replacment Carbing tray I have one I messed up the mounting bracket trying to make it fit with my BR deluxe fmic a while back (it never did fit lol)
Old Aug 24, 2007, 02:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kmcconn9
What I am trying to avoid is removing the undertray to do an oil change...
don't know about the beatrush, but you do need to remove the carbing for an oil change. it's 2 bolts that hold the front tie bar, and three 10mm bolts holding the front up to the mounting bracket. not really a big deal, 5 bolts, but if you don't want to remove the panel for oil changes, the carbing is not for you.
Old Aug 24, 2007, 02:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by hondafan
don't know about the beatrush, but you do need to remove the carbing for an oil change. it's 2 bolts that hold the front tie bar, and three 10mm bolts holding the front up to the mounting bracket. not really a big deal, 5 bolts, but if you don't want to remove the panel for oil changes, the carbing is not for you.
For the Beatrush undertray, you'll have to remove 5 bolts to change the motor, transmission, and the front diff oil. The undertray is divided into 2 major sections and all you'll have to remove is the rear section.

Quick Reply: -PICS- of my Carbing Under-Panel