Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

I got scammed with some fake Brides! Help w/ Bride Fabric!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2006, 06:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if they're the fake brides that are sold ALL THE TIME on honda-tech, then you can OBVIOUSLY tell they are fake.

they look like those "racer bucket seats" from pepboys with a bride logo stitched on, with a nice lil bride tag on the side, and a bride logo on recliner knob.
Old Mar 16, 2006, 07:28 PM

You don't have the post count to buy or sell on this site.

Last edited by timzcat; Mar 17, 2006 at 04:01 PM.
Old Mar 16, 2006, 08:54 PM
Evolved Member

This deal makes no sense. You should have told him half the cash up front and the other half when the seats arrived. Thats how I buy from members on here. That way if you get burned (like you did) you only lose out on half your cash.

You learned your lesson the hard way. Sorry to hear about it but you should know better when doing internet deals that are not Ebay. You have no recourse if and when someone screws you.
Old Mar 16, 2006, 11:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by althemean
This deal makes no sense. You should have told him half the cash up front and the other half when the seats arrived. Thats how I buy from members on here. That way if you get burned (like you did) you only lose out on half your cash.

You learned your lesson the hard way. Sorry to hear about it but you should know better when doing internet deals that are not Ebay. You have no recourse if and when someone screws you.
or you can just buy locally. after several bad instances, i hardly trust doing business with anyone out-of-state.
Old Mar 17, 2006, 10:09 AM
Evolving Member

okay, I sold my stock recaro seats to an evolutionm member who had a pair of bride brix 2's. Basically he asked me when I sold him my stock seats if I wanted a pair of authentic bride seats, straight trade. I said okay. I looked at the seats and they looked legit. We did this whole swap out at in n' out in ontario mills, ca. That is why I dont have his address. The reason we met at in n' out is because he didnt want to go to my house and I didnt want to drive the far distance to his house. I found out they were fake from an authorized BRIDE dealer.

Last edited by 7m6m4; Mar 17, 2006 at 10:19 AM.
Old Mar 17, 2006, 10:13 AM
Evolving Member

I think what I am going to do is just sell the seats as fakes rather than rewrap them. Its like, you cant make a civic out-perform, or even closely resemble a ferrari by putting all sorts of gay a$$ s$$t on it, because in the end it'll always be a civic. So rewrapping the seats will just stupid, they will still be peices of crap underneath all that great fabric.

Last edited by 7m6m4; Mar 17, 2006 at 02:48 PM.
Old Mar 17, 2006, 10:14 AM
Evolving Member

I will post some pics of the seats this afternoon
Old Mar 17, 2006, 10:17 AM
Evolving Member

whatever, I dont think its Karma, its negligence on my part. I got screwed over, and thats all there is to it. now I got to take what I have and make do. I am not going to cry and complain like smurfette. I lost. Its over.
Old Mar 17, 2006, 10:20 AM
Evolving Member

**** it, just rock the fakes if they are comfy man they must be good fakes at least if you were there in person before anything went down. i always meet people in public places, i've been lucky with zero problems so far from forum buys
Old Mar 17, 2006, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

Dont trust the internet.
Old Mar 17, 2006, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

terrrible post. You have accoplished nothing with this post. Not even a legit warning.
Old Mar 17, 2006, 10:27 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by J Dog
That's right, I remember reading that...karma is a *****.

THATS RIGHT im a *****... lol sorry couldnt resist
Old Mar 17, 2006, 11:56 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 7m6m4
okay, I sold my stock recaro seats to an evolutionm member who had a pair of bride brix 2's. Basically he asked me when I sold him my stock seats if I wanted a pair of authentic bride seats, straight trade. I said okay. I looked at the seats and they looked legit. We did this whole swap out at in n' out in ontario mills, ca. That is why I dont have his address. The reason we met at in n' out is because he didnt want to go to my house and I didnt want to drive the far distance to his house. I found out they were fake from an authorized BRIDE dealer.
if you couldn't tell they were fake when you first saw them, you must never have seen a bride seat before.

other than that ignorance, why would you even be so naive as to believe someone would be willing to trade STRAIGHT UP, a pair of brides for your stock recaros? A pair of our stock recaros go for about the price of a single Bride.

tough luck man. should be a lesson to all. don't be so impatient and jump at what seems to be a great deal all the time. do the research first.
Old Mar 17, 2006, 12:00 PM
Evolving Member

well the reason is this, he told me that there is mild fading and wear from a year of daily driving. I told him I didnt mind, because I didnt. He then told me if I was to the trade he would want my door panels and armrest as well. When I got down there he said F**k it, you can keep the door panels and armrest. So we did the trade like that. I figured that it seemed right, my whole interior for Bride's with mild wear.

And yes I have seen Bride seats before. When I bought them I completely forgot that Bride's dont come in suede.

Last edited by 7m6m4; Mar 17, 2006 at 12:04 PM.
Old Mar 17, 2006, 12:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by r.m.s.
terrrible post. You have accoplished nothing with this post. Not even a legit warning.

I am not trying to warn people (take the hint of me not putting his user name on this thread). I am trying to see what my options are as far as re-wrapping them, and s**t like that.

Quick Reply: I got scammed with some fake Brides! Help w/ Bride Fabric!