Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

no sound?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2006 | 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

no sound?

ok guys get this i just finish installing my cusco 6pt roll cage in my Evo 9 MR without the infiniti system and the funny thing is my speakers now don't work. i have an alpine head unit but the thing is the headunit turns on and the CD plays but no sound any ideas?
Old Apr 23, 2006 | 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

where the middle hoop touches the floor it comes really cose to wiring/cables. Did you check and make sure is not pinching anything? Also did you take the carpet up to bolt it to the floor? POst pics too Another thing you mught try... take a paper clip and on the front of the alpine theres a TINY little hole(its a full reset button) hold it for about 5 sec(everryting will reset). Sometimes they just go bonkers and need a reset.
Old Apr 23, 2006 | 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

kool deal ill check it right now yeah i left the carpet in because i think it would look better then to cut the carpet ill post up pick after i get the radio to work do you know if the wiring is on the driver side or passenger side?
Old Apr 23, 2006 | 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by evo ippo
ok guys get this i just finish installing my cusco 6pt roll cage in my Evo 9 MR without the infiniti system and the funny thing is my speakers now don't work. i have an alpine head unit but the thing is the headunit turns on and the CD plays but no sound any ideas?

who has a cusco cage instock I need one asap
Old Apr 23, 2006 | 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo ippo
kool deal ill check it right now yeah i left the carpet in because i think it would look better then to cut the carpet ill post up pick after i get the radio to work do you know if the wiring is on the driver side or passenger side?
yeah..youd get more clearence if you took the carpet back(is the cage hitting the top of the headliner?)also itd make sure your not pinching anywires. I think its on the drivers but im not sure.
Old Apr 23, 2006 | 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

yeah it touching the headlinear but it not to bad i figured that carpet was going to cause problems but owww well i like the look of the cage on the carpet than having it cut but to wat i can see all the wires are runing on the sides of the car under the door sills and non of the wire looms are going towards the middle of the cage i am going to try and reset the deck now and will see what happens hahahhah
Old Apr 23, 2006 | 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by eccgangster
who has a cusco cage instock I need one asap
i got mine from nukabe they are also "cusco" so if they don't have it then nobody would (217)235-6060 ask for chad or brad they can help you out and if you are located in southern cali they have a whearhouse that you can will call so you don't have to pay that $150 shipping charge and the box is pretty small to
Old Apr 23, 2006 | 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

awwwww nothing working reset didn't work non off the wires that i can see go to the cage !! If there a factory amlifier on the evo 9 mr w/o Infiniti systems?
Old Apr 23, 2006 | 12:21 PM

you need this.
click the link.
http://www.soundgate.com/index.php?r...ategoryid=187&
Old Apr 23, 2006 | 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

that cool but i don't have the infiniti systerm there was audio before the cage install but now there isnt