Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

new JVC headunit with DVD-MP3 capability

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2006, 09:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new JVC headunit with DVD-MP3 capability

Has anyone tried one of the JVC headunits that can play MP3s from DVDs and USB memory sticks. I'm thinking of getting one. Mostly wondering about sound quality with the OEM speakers, FM reception with this unit, and how useful it is to have ~50 albums on one DVD.
Old May 3, 2006, 09:10 PM
Evolving Member

I have played around with the memory stick thing and it is really cool! OEM speakers will always sound like OEM speakers no matter what radio (just my opinion). Fm reception seemed good! I have never been a fan of JVC radios until I played with one. Just imagine you can have a huge cd collection in your car without a huge book of cds with you!
Old May 4, 2006, 11:28 AM

Yeah, I was figuring that six DVDs would hold most of my music collection. I'm thinking that as long as I can keep track of what's on each DVD, it should be more convenient than having 40 CDs.

Last edited by mbtoloczko; May 4, 2006 at 04:09 PM.
Old May 4, 2006, 12:05 PM
Evolving Member

i have the KH-910, or AR-910...basically the same ****...but anyway, it has a slot for SD card and plays MP3's...sound quality is a lot better than the stock head unit, but again, they're still stock speakers...it also comes with satellite radio, and it sounds amazing...
im very happy with it
Old May 7, 2006, 10:22 PM

Got the head unit installed this afternoon. Removing and installing the head unit on my Evo was easier than any other car I've done. The MR has a little harness extension that is used to provide a way to tap into the harness for power and illumination to the MR gauge pack. I ditched the extension and wired the gauge pack power and illumination into the custom harness adapter that I made. The JVC head unit looks like it was made for the MR interior. The bezel fits perfectly. Picture attached. Burning music DVDs now...
Attached Thumbnails new JVC headunit with DVD-MP3 capability-img_2661_web.jpg  
Old May 8, 2006, 10:41 AM
Evolving Member

Should have went with an Alpine or Kenwood, thats if you want the best sound quality.
Old May 8, 2006, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Hashfather
Should have went with an Alpine or Kenwood, thats if you want the best sound quality.
I looked at Alpine and Kenwood. Didn't want to pay the higher price for Alpine, and I didn't find any Kenwood headunits that will play music from a DVD. The JVC unit sounds fine so far. I don't expect too much with the factory speakers and wiring and playing music from MP3s. Just want to be able to conveniently play a huge variety of music without having my entire CD collection squirrelled away in various locations in my car. :-)
Old Jun 15, 2006, 04:32 PM

I have the new one with the 3.5 inch screen. Looks awsome and sounds real good. I have components (polk) at all 4 corners on the Phoenix gold amp. The movies sound so damn good it is not even funny. I highl recomend the JVC headunits