Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Which HID 6000? or 4300?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2006, 06:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok boys and girls...i just finished the install of my 5300k HID kit.,..it has the fit, the look and the quality of OEM parts..i am so happy with it...couldnt be happier...

i will post pics later this evening as promised...it is pure white..no blueish purple in it..
Old Jun 26, 2006, 07:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SRT-TO-EVO
You're clueless dude. That's all I got to say.
im clueless but you drive an srt? lmao im outa thread to many dumbasses.
Old Jun 26, 2006, 10:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by donmeca2020
Now we have an e-thug. Actually that would be DROVE, and yes it would have RAPED/OBLITERATED your evo on the highway just for some respect. And how does what car I drive pertain to any lack of knowledge that I have yet you think the higher in K you go the brighter it is. Sounds like your the dumbass here, while everyone is disproving what you said because it's ***-backwards. Now since we're the dumbasses and you're the ONLY right person in this thread, the higher the K the brighter is .
Old Jun 26, 2006, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by dxbevo8
ok boys and girls...i just finished the install of my 5300k HID kit.,..it has the fit, the look and the quality of OEM parts..i am so happy with it...couldnt be happier...

i will post pics later this evening as promised...it is pure white..no blueish purple in it..
Hey dxbevo8 what kind of kit did you buy and from where? i realyl want 5300k but xenon depot only has 4300 and then 6000
Old Jun 26, 2006, 01:48 PM

BTW does anyone have a kaixen system installed on their car? or anyone know if its a good kit? the price is a little too good...
Old Jun 26, 2006, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by theflyho
BTW does anyone have a kaixen system installed on their car? or anyone know if its a good kit? the price is a little too good...
hey dude, if u would like to know more about this kit come to
http://www.ozevo.com/forums

u need to register in order to login. they did a group buy on this kit and it only cost them $340 australian dollars.

ask the members there.
Old Jun 26, 2006, 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Oh no, please don't go. You haven't finished completely making a fool out of yourself.
Old Jun 26, 2006, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

I though mine were 5800 before.. maybe they are 7200 but they are stil plenty bright and are very purplish.. extremely sweet. Everyone makes comments about the HIDS looking awesome while driving.
Old Jun 26, 2006, 04:18 PM
Evolved Member

wow the guy running the 4300k and coming out that yellow is a bit crazy....

are u sure the supplier didnt accidently give u something in the 3000k range? that's ridiculously yellow...

i'm running 5300k and IMO the color's really close to OEM IX's. VIII's projector lenses do not have the blue-ish color, so the color of the light beam will be a bit different than IX's. VIII's are more white and IX's are a bit more blue if we're running the same kelvin.

check my thread in show and shine comparing my 5300k to OEM VIII SSL and OEM IX MR. other than difference in beam pattern on the ground, the color and output are very similar.

there was another VIII RS there that night with 4300k, and his output was much better than mine with very bright lights (mine is more blue). unfortunately i didnt get to snap any comparison pix with his car.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=207716 - post 19 for comparison pix. hope these help.
Old Jun 26, 2006, 07:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SRT-TO-EVO
Now we have an e-thug. Actually that would be DROVE, and yes it would have RAPED/OBLITERATED your evo on the highway just for some respect. And how does what car I drive pertain to any lack of knowledge that I have yet you think the higher in K you go the brighter it is. Sounds like your the dumbass here, while everyone is disproving what you said because it's ***-backwards. Now since we're the dumbasses and you're the ONLY right person in this thread, the higher the K the brighter is .
OK, so tell me this then because everyone here is intelligent , why is it that ALL vendors that sell HIDS sell the Higher K sets for more money? if these facts were true why arent they selling the 4300 K set for more and the higher K kits for less?
Old Jun 26, 2006, 08:09 PM
Evolved Member

I'd also like to know where dxbevo8 and everyone else that has the 5300K kit bought theres?
Old Jun 26, 2006, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

OK, so tell me this then because everyone here is intelligent , why is it that ALL vendors that sell HIDS sell the Higher K sets for more money? if these facts were true why arent they selling the 4300 K set for more and the higher K kits for less?
The kit I bought for my Eclipse didn't charge any more for either the type of bulb or the kelvin. But I'll play along since you like to toss around the terms "ALL" and "EVERYBODY" with reckless abandon. The only possible reason is that they can fool the ricers into paying more for mad tyte Type R purple JDM lytes and make more money in the process because the profit margins are higher since they don't come from Philps or Osram Sylvania.
Old Jun 26, 2006, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GPTourer
The kit I bought for my Eclipse didn't charge any more for either the type of bulb or the kelvin. But I'll play along since you like to toss around the terms "ALL" and "EVERYBODY" with reckless abandon. The only possible reason is that they can fool the ricers into paying more for mad tyte Type R purple JDM lytes and make more money in the process because the profit margins are higher since they don't come from Philps or Osram Sylvania.
you my friend think you have an answer for everything, your answers are bull****. so because the kelvin is a higher and a brighter color its ricer, and idiots will buy it? thats the dumbest thing i've heard. id expect a rediclous comment like this from some one from clubrsx because thats all the nonsense they would talk. but bro that doesnt answer the question. i stick to what i say. your answer to the lower K 4300 kit is better visually and what not is moronic. you show me an actual article from a good source that states that and then i'll take back what i said. until then its not a "true fact" to me.

Last edited by donmeca2020; Jun 26, 2006 at 08:55 PM.
Old Jun 26, 2006, 08:57 PM
Evolved Member

You are the one who is an idiot. You are the only one here who thinks more kelvins equals more light output. You asked a stupid question, got an answer you don't understand, which doesn't suprise me, so now you think it is BS. Go do some research and then come back and apologize for acting like an ***. Just because something costs more, it has to be better. What a crock of itsh.

http://www.sylvania.com/BusinessProd...MProducts/HID/
http://www.coolbulbs.com/HID_faq.asp
http://www.intellexual.net/hid.html
http://www.sigmaautomotive.com/HID/hidfaq.php

Last edited by GPTourer; Jun 26, 2006 at 09:12 PM.
Old Jun 26, 2006, 10:03 PM
Evolved Member

OH MANNN. QUIT ARGUING. HERE IS THE ARTICLE....

http://faqlight.carpassion.info/hl-hid-bulbs.htm

PLEASE READ ALL THE FAQS THEN POST IF ANYONE IS AN IDIOT...sounds like you have your facts mixed up somewhere.

here is an excerp:

"What are the results of using 6000K, 7000K, 15000K HID bulbs?
Stage 1 refers to 4100K and stage 2 normally refers to something higher value K.
As an example, a 6000K bulb in some headlamps might not show much difference at all, others will look more blue. These are observations when standing in front of the car looking into the headlights from above. After getting over the initial thrill of cooler light, many drivers have noticed that important traffic information are not as appearant as with OEM standard bulb. White traffic signs is being lit too much and can feel glaring.
During winter 2002, exponensional use of Kelvin (K) rating is used as brightness improving advertisement. Its all just big empty words. Do a search for "kelvin color temperature" on a search engine (ie: yahoo.com) and you will see that it has nothing to do with brightness and all to do with color. Going upwards from 4100K means that your light turns blue at the expense of total brightness and yellow color. Theoretically, if the same brightness were to be kept, you would have to increase the wattage of the bulb from 35 to maybe 40W, and redesign the ballast. This would be a very costly solution, so thats pretty much why all automotive HID bulbs are 35W. "

Quick Reply: Which HID 6000? or 4300?