Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Windshield info AS-1 line?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2006, 04:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Windshield info AS-1 line?

I've got an 03 evo 8, and I want to get a sunstrip. I live in Missouri and the law is that tint cannot pass the AS-1 line on the windshield...except I can't find the AS-1 line. I've seen it on alot of other cars...except the evo.

Do any of you other evo owners have an AS-1 line?

thanks
Old Jul 12, 2006, 05:14 AM
Evolving Member

Not sure about where you live but in ohio the law says the line or no further down the window than 6 inch. I hope this helps. If you look at a few cars you will find this to be about the mesurement on all of them. Some may be shorter but I think this is about as far as you would want it anyway.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 06:16 AM

I live in STL as well an while I don't have it on my Evo I did have the sunstrip as well as 5% tint on all my windows on my previous 3 cars. While I did get pulled over and got tickets for speeding I have not once recieved a ticket for window tint. Obviously it is up to you but like I said I have never had a problem. The other thing is that on my windshield I have that stupid dot matrix crap in the middle around the rearview mirror. I don't know if you have it on your 03 as mine is an 05 but to my understanding tint has a very hard time sticking to that unless the person that does the tint spends a lot of time with their heat gun making sure it is pretty much dry before you leave. Just my 2 cents for you.
Old Jul 14, 2006, 05:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The AS-1 mark is what they use as a guide when they place the vinyl with shadeband at "assembly" of the windshield at the glass factory- the shade is not to be below this mark. The evo (or any) windshield which does not have a factory shade band in the vinyl does not get the AS-1 marking on the glass.

Like the other poster said, I would go with 6" if you were to add a band- that should be pretty safe.

Last edited by Steve_P; Jul 14, 2006 at 05:32 AM.