Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Evo pictures of NT03's here please

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2007, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heres mines. 18x8.5 +38. Toyo T1R 255/40. Lowered on Swift springs. No rubbing at all.

Old Jun 17, 2007, 11:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Positron, the car looks awesome - looks much nicer than my GG MR , but you really need to get some good tires. T1Rs don't cut it on the Evo.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 04:15 PM
Evolved Member

ur right. The T1R are no where near like stock advans or Rt-615. They came with the rims when I got them last week from a friend.

Once they wear out, I'll put on RA1/R888 ^_^
Old Jul 12, 2007, 12:59 PM

noice!!
-Aubrey
Old Aug 19, 2007, 11:56 AM
Evolving Member

I hate to bring such an old thread back, but rather than making a new.

Here's the issue I've gathered from the arguements in the thread:

I like the NTO3's, and have more/less set my heart on them. I'd like to keep a 17" rim, as then I'm saving a little bit of weight and cash. However, I've read five differnt things on weither or not the 17" rims will fit without rolling fenders/other modifications. Worst part is, I have yet to see a verdict on what will or will not fit without having to dig out and take notes on every damn post here.

What's the verdict? Which 17's will fit with what mods, and what 18's will fit with what mods? (to the body/suspension, like fender rolling)

Last edited by MikSchultzy; Aug 19, 2007 at 03:35 PM.
Old Aug 19, 2007, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

well it depends on what offset you want or if want the rwd concave look or the fwd basket look. I have the ropi spec 17x9.5 38mm offset with 255's. It has the fwd basket look but no spacers or fender rolling is required. Lots of variables.
Old Aug 19, 2007, 02:07 PM
Evolving Member

[QUOTE=MikSchultzy;4657760].......Worst part is, I have yet to see a verdict on what will or will not fit without having to dig out and take notes on every damn post here......QUOTE]

Read the posts! The answers are there
Old Aug 19, 2007, 02:29 PM
Evolving Member

how u did to fit the splitter on the bumper?
Old Aug 19, 2007, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MikSchultzy
I hate to bring such an old thread back, but rather than making a new.

Here's the issue I've gathered from the arguements in the thread:

I like the NTO3's, and have more/less set my heart on them. I'd like to keep a 17" rim, as then I'm saving a little bit of weight and cash. However, I've read five differnt things on weither or not the 17" rims will fit without rolling fenders/other modifications. Worst part is, I have yet to see a verdict on what will or will not fit without having to dig out and take notes on every damn post here.

What's the verdict? Which 17's will fit with what mods, and what 18's will fit with what mods?
What do you mean by "with what mods"? It's not a question of what mods are on the car. It's also not a question of 17s or 18s. It's a question of what EXACT rim size (width + offset), exact tire size (275/40-17, 285/30-18, etc), ride height, camber, fender rolling, etc. Most of us go with 285/30-18s for racing, since that's about as large as you can go without aftermarket fenders, and they fit a LOT better than 275/40s, which are too tall.
Old Aug 19, 2007, 03:13 PM
Account Disabled

Wow looks nice. Is that the clock tower in downtown San Diego?
Old Aug 19, 2007, 03:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
What do you mean by "with what mods"? It's not a question of what mods are on the car. It's also not a question of 17s or 18s. It's a question of what EXACT rim size (width + offset), exact tire size (275/40-17, 285/30-18, etc), ride height, camber, fender rolling, etc. Most of us go with 285/30-18s for racing, since that's about as large as you can go without aftermarket fenders, and they fit a LOT better than 275/40s, which are too tall.
Mods - short for modification. IE: Fender rolling, lowered suspension, ectra.
Old Aug 19, 2007, 03:39 PM
Evolving Member

What do you mean by “a LOT better”? Both sizes noted need sheet metal modifications to work and both will rub inside the front wheel well. The only draw back to the taller tire is a slight speedometer error. Now factor in tire cost, for those of us who don’t “race” the choice becomes simpler.
Old Aug 19, 2007, 05:10 PM
Evolved Member

A "lot better" meaning they fit easily with a little fender rolling. I haven't heard of "sheet metal modifications" before, but yeah...the front fenders are aluminum. I did a little rolling on the rear fenders, which are thin metal, but not everyone has to do that. 275/40s do NOT fit well like 285/30s, and remember that I said "most of us...FOR RACING." You came back and said those who don't "race" might want to go with 275/40s, so I'm not sure what your point is. Why counter my point when you make the same point? MikeSchultzy didn't specify racing or daily driving, so I specified the focus of my suggestion. As for drawbacks, no, the speedometer issue is not the only one. 275/40s do _not_ fit well - they are too tall.

MikeSchultzy, of course "mods" is short for modification. Why would you write that? The common reference of "mods" is not what you were asking, which is typically aftermarket parts. You're asking what special things need to be done in order to fit vague rim sizes. Be specific with your question and/or read the plethora of information already given on this subject.
Old Aug 19, 2007, 05:49 PM
Evolving Member

My response is trying to unveil a problem with tires that are apparently to tall, please explain because right now you are not presenting any facts. The only point you are able to make is that they are too tall. It is true they are taller then stock, but that does not present an issue, rather you have not presented an issue with it. Just stating they are too tall does not make that an issue. When is a tire to tall?
Old Aug 19, 2007, 06:32 PM
Evolving Member

MikeSchultzy, of course "mods" is short for modification. Why would you write that? The common reference of "mods" is not what you were asking, which is typically aftermarket parts. You're asking what special things need to be done in order to fit vague rim sizes. Be specific with your question and/or read the plethora of information already given on this subject.
The problem with the information that is already given - as you and Bob just noted - is that for every "confirmed fit" that is "good" or "fits well" there is a contradiction.

As for using the term mods - I don't really have another method of saying "Without having to roll fenders add spacers or lower the car".

I intend to do light tracking - nothing extravagant - and I intend to not switch from DD to Track tires. I don't like the idea of 18" rims because of the cost increase. *shrugs*

Quick Reply: Evo pictures of NT03's here please