Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

gt35r setup from Slickmotorsports

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2006, 08:47 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gt35r setup from Slickmotorsports

Hey guys, just thought I'd share some pics of my new setup!!!

All work was done by Matt at Slickmotorsports. I just want to say that Matt's work is flawless, he is very detail oriented and makes sure that everything comes out perfect. I have had many great comments so far, one particular comment was from Al when he tuned the car last week calling it art and telling me I'd better post pics which of course I am doing (thanks Susanna).
I also want to thank my boy Mike for driving me to and from Ohio both times to get the car.

As for power so far we made 451whp at about 25 psi with crazy ignition breakup.
The car is just amazingly fast though at this power level. Lots more to come!!!

other mods include HKS 264's, BR exhaust, precision intercooler, 780cc injectors, exedy triple metallic clutch and AMS solid motor mounts.

I seriously suggest for anyone looking to upgrade there evo wether new turbo kit, fuel system, or any custom go fast parts please consider Slickmotorsports as an option! You won't be dissapointed.

Last edited by 2SloEvo; Aug 14, 2006 at 08:54 AM.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 09:17 AM
Evolving Member

very nice, enjoy it...
Old Aug 14, 2006, 09:23 AM
Evolved Member

Looks awsome
Old Aug 14, 2006, 09:27 AM

wow very clean
Old Aug 14, 2006, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

That really dones look very nice under the hood. Esspecially for still being on stock MAF.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 09:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by KOEvo
That really dones look very nice under the hood. Esspecially for still being on stock MAF.

Thanks for the comments guys!! Yea maf coming out and speed density going in once I go through emissions.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 09:36 AM
Account Disabled

Location: driving the 10 second beast in ohio or running lightmods.net
yeah i only go to matt @slickmotorsports....amazing craftsmanship and thought go into everything he does. i just went 10.7 @133mph with this setup with a decent street tune at only 32psi. I was on the .63 small backside gt35r so this turbo setup /kit def. has low 10s /high 9s in it easy! car looks great and matt has something at his shop for ya from me... give him a call.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

Car looks great man. Is that a 3" intake on the 35r? Also is that the slickmotorsports intake?

thanks.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

the flange and all the hardware on the manifold is rusting already? I know a stainless manifold is expensive but why not use stainless hardware??
Old Aug 14, 2006, 09:45 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evodave
yeah i only go to matt @slickmotorsports....amazing craftsmanship and thought go into everything he does. i just went 10.7 @133mph with this setup with a decent street tune at only 32psi. I was on the .63 small backside gt35r so this turbo setup /kit def. has low 10s /high 9s in it easy! car looks great and matt has something at his shop for ya from me... give him a call.
Thanks Dave, congrats on the 10.7 your car is a beast I hear. Matt was saying how your going to crank up to 40psi I hope to be there next year once the motor is built. Ya know whats weird I look at the pics and say to myself man i'm not even close to being done yet, it just never ends!!!!
Old Aug 14, 2006, 09:53 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hopper
the flange and all the hardware on the manifold is rusting already? I know a stainless manifold is expensive but why not use stainless hardware??
The manifold was coated a year ago I believe it must have rusted from rain or being washed, I.am getting it coated at swain tech over the winter. I will be using stainless hardware at that time.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 09:53 AM
Account Disabled

Location: driving the 10 second beast in ohio or running lightmods.net
lol...it will end ....just don't give up and sell it. i also thought it never ends but i am finally getting to where i can take care of the little stuff that really "make" a car ya know!

and to the rusty stud/nut comment if a car comes in with rusty studs and such it isn't the job of someone selling and installing a turbo kit and some extras to pull all the studs outta the head and replace them so they aren't rusty ya know....it is annoying though how mitsu didn't use stainless parts
Old Aug 14, 2006, 09:58 AM
Evolving Member

is this on race gas?
Old Aug 14, 2006, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

Ohh so they just reused the factory manifold hardware, gotcha i would reccomend going with some ARP manifold studs, and some stainless hardware, its not fun getting broken studs outa the head great numbers guys and engine bay looks really well thought out.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 10:11 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evodave
lol...it will end ....just don't give up and sell it. i also thought it never ends but i am finally getting to where i can take care of the little stuff that really "make" a car ya know!

and to the rusty stud/nut comment if a car comes in with rusty studs and such it isn't the job of someone selling and installing a turbo kit and some extras to pull all the studs outta the head and replace them so they aren't rusty ya know....it is annoying though how mitsu didn't use stainless parts

It's a fun expensive hobby but I definetly won't be selling !!! I love the car even more now.

Quick Reply: gt35r setup from Slickmotorsports