Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

White on White, Advan RG2 17x9 +29 Pictures

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2006, 07:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
love the white on white look! the wheels look great but it needs to sit lower. and, IMO, VII tails look the best on white.

like this:

but then again, I'm more than a little biased once I get my jdm IX bumper, the aesthetics will be complete.

anyway, I give it a
Old Aug 29, 2006, 07:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
wow, looks clean.
Old Aug 29, 2006, 08:10 PM
Evolving Member

Looking good my friend..I have the "older school" version of you sir.
Old Aug 29, 2006, 08:15 PM
Evolving Member

your white on white looks sexy.

i commend you on being able to keep white wheels looking that clean. I dunno if id have the patience to keep up with those.
Old Aug 29, 2006, 08:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
suave!!!
Old Aug 29, 2006, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

looks sweet.
Old Aug 29, 2006, 08:52 PM

What size tires and which Falkens did you get?
Old Aug 29, 2006, 10:15 PM
Former Sponsor

looks great!
Old Aug 29, 2006, 10:20 PM
Evolved Member

Looks great! a few quick exhaust question...on that exhaust, how much louder is it than stock? how much bigger is the tip than stock? and does the tip flow with the bumper, or stick out? just wondering because they're real sticklers around my area about giving tickets for "modified exhaust" and I'm looking for a more stock looking catback that wn't draw as much attention as my DC Sports one.
Old Aug 29, 2006, 10:26 PM
Evolved Member

Very nice!
Old Aug 30, 2006, 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by EJEvo
What size tires r u running on those?
The tires are 255/40 Falken 615s. Very very stiff sidewalls, and have a nice turn in. I'm still on the fence about the grip part though, but I hear they come in to their own after some mileage is put on them.

Originally Posted by jmi11
i commend you on being able to keep white wheels looking that clean. I dunno if id have the patience to keep up with those.
Hehe, me either! While they are easier to wash than the stock wheels and easier to get in there due to the larger openings.. uhh the brake dust is horrid. And I have DS2500 pads and Stoptech Stage2 rotors which dust alot less than the stock brembo combo. After a week, its more like Grey on White . I'd also like to know from MrFairlady and apexstrafer how they manage it too, lol.

tripperfx3, there is another guy on here with a white Evo that has the silver version, and I think it looks very nice. I think silver on silver probably would look very good... ahh here it is https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=190447 .

Originally Posted by 03evo4g63
Looks great! a few quick exhaust question...on that exhaust, how much louder is it than stock? how much bigger is the tip than stock? and does the tip flow with the bumper, or stick out? just wondering because they're real sticklers around my area about giving tickets for "modified exhaust" and I'm looking for a more stock looking catback that wn't draw as much attention as my DC Sports one.
I'll answer your questions in order. I don't have the downpipe on yet (getting it in tomorrow) but i do have the cat-delete and catback on, and I am extremely impressed with how quiet it is. It is louder, no doubt, but not near as loud as I was expecting with no cat. It may change with the downpipe though, not sure yet. Its not annoying loud, but sounds very mean, I like it.

As far as the tip goes, its about the same size as stock. However it does stick out from beyond the bumper, you can sorta see in one of the pics above. The back of the Evo 8 bumper is rounded on the corners, but the way it sticks out, makes it flush with the straight part. If you looked down vertically from the trunk, if that makes sense. I beleive with the distance it sticks out, you don't need the exhaust heat shield as I have no black soot as of yet, even with no cat. Its very mild the distance it sticks out and flows very well imo with the bumper.

One of the reasons I choose it, amoung others, was for its more stock appearance. I like the oval canister behind the bumper and gives it a very stock like appearance. If you get only the catback, and still have your cat and stock downpipe in place, i gurantee you won't draw attention for the sound it makes based on what I've heard from mine.

Anyway, thanks for the compliments all!

Res

Edit: BTW MrFairlady... I'm debating on getting a carbon fiber lip like you have on yours. What kind did you get, and whats your take on owning it for a while now? Is it still holding up, would you do it again, etc.? Thanks!

Last edited by Resonance; Aug 30, 2006 at 03:42 AM.
Old Aug 30, 2006, 05:13 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lexat20
I wonder how it would look w/ white headlights
Ummmm..................................Hell NO! The white wheels look awsome but white lights is a big no no. Some guy had his lights painted blue to match his blue car a while back. The ugliest **** I've ever seen. Your car looks nice, stay away from the rice .
Old Aug 30, 2006, 06:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by smokeyonline
Ummmm..................................Hell NO! The white wheels look awsome but white lights is a big no no. Some guy had his lights painted blue to match his blue car a while back. The ugliest **** I've ever seen. Your car looks nice, stay away from the rice .
you're talking about a blue car, this is white. Photoshop would come in handy.
Old Aug 30, 2006, 07:06 AM
Evolving Member

as far as keeping them clean, just try to not let them go more than a week or they'll be impossible to get 100% white again.
Old Aug 30, 2006, 07:50 AM
Evolved Member

hmmm do i like the look of the 17in RGii's over the 18's???

Quick Reply: White on White, Advan RG2 17x9 +29 Pictures