Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

My Whip and RNR BB 50 trim

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2006, 06:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll give ya a free gallon of meth for a ride. Looking good btw
Old Oct 9, 2006, 09:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't wait to see #'s as your set up is very simular to mine. I put off getting mine tuned as I'm waiting for the new GSC 280 cams. Fed Ex says out for delievery today!

I'll have to run out and take a look but I don't recall my manifold sitting that close to the head.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

Car looks nice man! What radiator hose is that? Did it come with the kit? Looks so much better than the stock rubber one. Also, how was the fitment of the kit? I've heard many stories about needing it not fitting correctly. Did you install it yourself?
Old Oct 9, 2006, 09:52 AM
Evolving Member

Just checked it out and mine is not that close. I can fit my index finger in between the mani and head. However it is very close to the upper raidiator pipe.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 12:41 PM
Evolving Member

Sweet ride. Where did you buy your rims from?
Old Oct 9, 2006, 03:10 PM
Evolved Member

Cant wait to run it.....
Old Oct 9, 2006, 04:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by lexat20
I'll give ya a free gallon of meth for a ride. Looking good btw
Deal, unfortunately I had an incident on the dyno today where the new turbo decided to take a crap on me. It has been making a weird noise and today on the dyno killed it. First run at 25psi and bam blown turbo. Not sure what happened but when I got home and pulled everything off the car the compressor wheel was wobbling bad and some of the fins looked chewed. Put down 406whp right before it let go Hopefully Precision will stand behind their turbo and send me a new one.

Originally Posted by MidwestMonster
Car looks nice man! What radiator hose is that? Did it come with the kit? Looks so much better than the stock rubber one. Also, how was the fitment of the kit? I've heard many stories about needing it not fitting correctly. Did you install it yourself?
Thanks. Radiator hose came with the kit, I just polished it by hand. Kit fits well; there are a few little changes I would make but nothing too major. Yes installed myself.

Originally Posted by evo7racer
Sweet ride. Where did you buy your rims from?
Thanks, I bought them off a member here who had two sets dropped shipped to him by a vendor who went out of business and never asked for the second set back. Got a good deal to say the least.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 04:38 PM
Evolving Member

^ that sucks
Old Oct 9, 2006, 04:44 PM
Evolving Member

^ that sucks
Old Oct 9, 2006, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

dude, thats horrible. Was it something that went through the intake side?
Old Oct 9, 2006, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lexat20
dude, thats horrible. Was it something that went through the intake side?
No, it appears that the turbo was not properly balanced or a part broke inside the turbo itself. The compressor wheel must have hit the compressor cover on the dyno run and ground to a halt blowing out the seal. I already have pulled the whole kit off and will be talking to Precision tomorrow to send it back to them. Nothing besides the turbo appears to be damaged; it just sucks that I got a little taste of the turbo and now the car is down for a little while longer. I'm getting too good at pulling my car apart as I am able to remove everything from the turbokit, IC pipes, downpipe, bumper, drain fluids etc in about an hour.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

I'll call ya when I get a turbo kit
Old Oct 9, 2006, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Creamo3
No, it appears that the turbo was not properly balanced or a part broke inside the turbo itself. The compressor wheel must have hit the compressor cover on the dyno run and ground to a halt blowing out the seal. I already have pulled the whole kit off and will be talking to Precision tomorrow to send it back to them. Nothing besides the turbo appears to be damaged; it just sucks that I got a little taste of the turbo and now the car is down for a little while longer. I'm getting too good at pulling my car apart as I am able to remove everything from the turbokit, IC pipes, downpipe, bumper, drain fluids etc in about an hour.

What u blew the turbo already? OH MAN! since i got this kit and its abotu to go on. I wonder if my turbos goign to blow! lol
Old Oct 9, 2006, 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Soon 2 B EVIL
What u blew the turbo already? OH MAN! since i got this kit and its abotu to go on. I wonder if my turbos goign to blow! lol
I think it is just a random thing as I haven't heard any bad things about Precision turbos. Just make sure to prime the turbo; I've even heard that you should put oil in the oil feed before you install the turbo. Let me know how your install works out.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jmartinez1170
Cant wait to run it.....
I think your car needs to be running in order to race....mine should be back up in a week or so how about yours?

Quick Reply: My Whip and RNR BB 50 trim