Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!
View Poll Results: Which carbon trunk do you recommend for OEM fitment?
Street Concepts
0.95%
Varis
5.71%
Monster Sport
1.90%
C-West
10.48%
VIS
14.29%
ABS Dynamics
0%
Downforce Composites (Robispec)
10.48%
EVODAVE's Carbon Trunk
45.71%
Carbon Creations
1.90%
Other (please post if you know any others)
8.57%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Which carbon trunk is the best?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2006, 09:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just put a varis trunk on my friends car...fitment is A+. Id say if you have the cash c west or varis.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 09:12 AM
Evolving Member

I don't know which is the best, but I definately wouldn't go with VIS. My hood and trunk are both VIS, and they both fit like crap.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 10:19 AM
Evolving Member

Evo Dave's trunk is awesome. I've seen evodave's trunk in person and also the cwest trunk in person. And i would have to say that the C-West trunk is superior hands down. They both fit great... but C-West wins in terms of the weave pattern. It's weaved extremely tight and i'm sorry to say that it puts evodave's trunk to shame.... Granted however that the Cwest trunk is like 3-400 dollars more but in terms of quality of weave and fitment, Cwest or Monster is the way to go. (Monster has the same weave i believe).
Old Oct 9, 2006, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
thanks for all the input. the money isn't the issue, i just want a trunk that is guarnteed to fit before i order it. the front runners right now are actually the chargespeed trunk, and the robispec one. mainly because i can get the robispec without a keyhole drilled, and while the chargespeed trunk has the hole drilled, i may be able to get it for less than the EVODAVE peice, and i know chargespeed is a very good company. i was actually jsut going to order a varis trunk and be done with it, but i need the trunk ASAP, and i would have to wait 30-90 days for the Varis trunk.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 01:19 PM
Account Disabled

Location: driving the 10 second beast in ohio or running lightmods.net
let me know if you need one....i can definitely promise great quality and fitment without issue....there are different weaves available with carbon. Also, i am not sure if there are others that have carbon inside completely finished like mine.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 05:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evodave
let me know if you need one....i can definitely promise great quality and fitment without issue....there are different weaves available with carbon. Also, i am not sure if there are others that have carbon inside completely finished like mine.

thanks, i will let you know. the carbon interior finish isn't that important to me. fitment, and price are my two main concerns. the only real problem i have with the trunk you offer is the fact that i can't get it without the keyhole. i'll be making my decision on a trunk either tonight, or tomorrow before work because i need one ASAP. oh, don't worry about that invoice for that ralliart carbon lip. i was able to get one from another vendor that has them in stock to send to my insurance company. thanks for all the help guys
Old Oct 9, 2006, 06:33 PM
Account Disabled

yeah i wouldn't have been able to get the invoice for a few weeks anyway found out the dude went overseas i got them from. The trunk is amazing and fitment was our number one concern when making them ....i know the key hole is not what you want but if you want the best fitting ,finish trunk i still think mine is RIGHT at the top...just paint the key/lock assembly black and you won't notice it.
Dave
Old Oct 9, 2006, 07:34 PM

The evodave trunk looks promising. Any more info about the trunk? I guess for baller status I would say CWest/Monster but I wonder if evodave has a similar weave?
Old Oct 9, 2006, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evodave
yeah i wouldn't have been able to get the invoice for a few weeks anyway found out the dude went overseas i got them from. The trunk is amazing and fitment was our number one concern when making them ....i know the key hole is not what you want but if you want the best fitting ,finish trunk i still think mine is RIGHT at the top...just paint the key/lock assembly black and you won't notice it.
Dave

the main 3 i'm looking at are yours, the Robispec trunk, and the Chargespeed trunk. I like the fact that the Robispec trunk is extremely light, fits great, and has no keyhole...but it may also be the most expensive of the 3. the Chargespeed unit seems to be of the same, or better quality as the Robispec trunk. the downside to it, is that it also has the keyhole. the plus is that it may be the cheapest of the 3. in terms of quality, how would you compare your trunk to the Chargespeed unit? as soon as i can get some final prices on the 3, i'll be able to make a decision.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 08:08 PM
M10
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ODUB
the main 3 i'm looking at are yours, the Robispec trunk, and the Chargespeed trunk. I like the fact that the Robispec trunk is extremely light, fits great, and has no keyhole...but it may also be the most expensive of the 3. the Chargespeed unit seems to be of the same, or better quality as the Robispec trunk. the downside to it, is that it also has the keyhole. the plus is that it may be the cheapest of the 3. in terms of quality, how would you compare your trunk to the Chargespeed unit? as soon as i can get some final prices on the 3, i'll be able to make a decision.
Sorry if I missed it. But what is your reasoning for not wanting a keyhole?
Old Oct 9, 2006, 08:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TURBOWHT
Man evodave and VIS look HAWT!
VIS is definetely not the "hawt". I had one and it took heavy modification to make it fit. Well not exactly heavy, but I had to switch the hook upside down and reposition the latch several times. Also, the trunk wouldn't shut easily like the stocker, you had to give it a little force
Old Oct 9, 2006, 08:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by M10
Sorry if I missed it. But what is your reasoning for not wanting a keyhole?
because i don't want one. i don't need it, and i don't like the way it looks on carbon trunks. it sticks out, and doesn't need to be there.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 09:54 PM
Account Disabled

most likely even if a trunk doesn't have the keyhole drilled the indent is still there to be drilled out...not sure if thats any better...
Old Oct 9, 2006, 11:29 PM
Evolved Member

i know on the C-West and Varis trunks, probably monster sport too, there are no holes, no intentions. same with the Seibon. i don't know about the VIS. i was surprised that the chargespeed unit comes pre drilled.
Old Oct 12, 2006, 12:13 AM
Evolved Member

well, thanks again for all the help. i went with the chargespeed trunk. when i get the car back, i'll post pics of everything

Quick Reply: Which carbon trunk is the best?