Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Carbon Fiber rear license Panel

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2006, 12:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bioxide02
I just want my money back then. You knew it didn't fit right, and you still sold it to me. That is Shady.

It is a "bad mold" It doesn't sit flush with the car. I know you didn't create the product. But you sold me a product that you knew was bad. You even said you tried to fit it on your car and it didn't fit.

You had the time to contact carbing and get a replacement and you didn't.. You thought it would be a better idea to sell your problem off to someone eles.

And you never sent me a pm.
If you want to talk to me directly, you can use the PM function. When I received the item, I installed it briefly as a sort of test fit and to see how it looked. I had a hard time fitting it in there perfectly, but I tried to compare my installation to a few pictures which I found online. From what I saw, it seemed to fit similarly and hence I figured that it was normal. I didn't sell it to you because of bad fitment, but rather because I was involved in a hit and run and need to pay for some damage repairs, as well as the fact that I honestly didn't appreciate the look. I bought the item for full retail price and I gave you quite a good deal considering shipping/packaging costs were $23 dollars. (Hence, you paid $58 dollars less than retail price.) Address any complaints to ccorders@carbigncraft.com.

Adios,
Carl

Last edited by Spent198; Dec 3, 2006 at 12:05 PM.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 03:15 PM
Evolving Member

You are a joke man. YOU should of filed a complaint with the company you got it from instead of selling it off to someone without saying anything about the known bad fitment.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 03:22 PM
Evolved Member

You're gonna have to work with the fitment of nearly ANY carbon fiber piece. The Carbign Craft has bad fitment, mine was terrible and they wouldn't have accepted it back...I ended up heating it, using a heavy foam-tape adhesive, bending and cutting to get a solid fit.

You will have to work with the C.C. shroud to get a decent fit, i seriously doubt that this seller screwed you over. I had to cut up some of the material near the mounting holes (they're recessed for some moronic reason) and then heat the corners to press-fit it in...once it's in it stays but I used some leftover foam tape just to be sure.

Good luck, but keep your bickering in PMs, from what I can tell you got the exact same fitment that I had from the factory, you're gonna have to massage it to get it to fit...imagine all the people that buy carbon hoods not expecting the hideous gaps and misalignments that are commonplace...
Old Dec 3, 2006, 03:37 PM
Evolved Member

Here, this is my best attempt to help you out...

1. Look at the red arrow...theres some garbage left in the backside of the mold here between the two recessed screw holes...this is preventing a flush mounting...you'll need to cut (dremel) and sand (dremel some more) this crap out...it takes a goot amount of trial and error and you have to pay attention to what's limiting a good fit.
  2. Repeat on the other side
  3. After you clean up the garbage there you'll notice that you still may have a gap...you want to start by installing the shroud one-corner-before-the-other (as opposed to straight in). Start by making sure that the corner by the blue arrow hits flush up against the bumper and then work the opposite corner into place...this is where I expect that you'll need to heat (slowly with a hairdryer) the carbon to get a fit...you'll then see that it's kind of a tension fit and it won't come out.
  4. Optionally, you can throw some foam tape (3M makes it) on the outside edges of the (flat) back of the shroud to ensure a permanent install.
Good luck, and don't feel screwed...that's a perfectly stock fitment. Unless you spent the time, like I did, to figure out how to get it 100% flush you would never know that its a crappy mold.

The top of my shroud is no longer pretty with some chipped, cut and scuffed carbon but you will never see it with the plate in place.

Last edited by avengerhed; Dec 3, 2006 at 03:42 PM.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 03:41 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for your feedback. I will give that a try.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 08:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Bioxide02
Thanks for your feedback. I will give that a try.
As you can see from these responses, you did not receive a "bad mold" nor did I "screw you over" by selling you the item. Actually, I saved you a lot of money and had the item shipped to you in a timely manner. Once again, I did not sell the item due to fitment issues so I don't know why you keep referring to that.

Either way, good luck with it.

-Carl
Old Dec 19, 2006, 07:33 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
We have had good reviews on our License panels. We stand behind them all. We have a good stock of them right now too. Some of the best EVOs in the world run our CF, AMS TIME ATTACK CAR, NORRIS DESIGNS EVO so we know our stuff is good!

Check out the other CF stuff for EVO/Lancer here.

http://www.carbontrix.com/mitsubishi.htm

ROAD/RACE
Old Dec 21, 2006, 11:32 PM

looks so nice
Old Dec 22, 2006, 12:06 AM
Evolved Member

i have the carbign craft one on my IX with the CF bumper(exhaust) shield on a silver IX and it looks great together.
Old Dec 22, 2006, 08:44 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dz4g63evo
looks so nice
IF you are local, come by. We have them on shelf.

ROAD/RACE
Old Dec 22, 2006, 08:45 AM
Yme
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RoughedgesMR
That looks pretty good
Old Feb 22, 2007, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

Anyone that has purchased one of these recently care to comment? I want something that fits right but I hate to spend 160-200 bucks on a license panel. I almost ordered the Tyrant piece but after reading this thread I'm thinking twice.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have one for sale... let me know!

comes with the exhaust shield too.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=251387

Last edited by talentsearch301; Feb 22, 2007 at 01:31 PM.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 01:29 PM
Evolved Member

the dry carbon one looks the best
Old Feb 22, 2007, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by talentsearch301
I have one for sale... let me know!

comes with the exhaust shield too.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=251387
What brand? Any pics installed? Hows the fitment? I'll take them both if everything is good

Quick Reply: Carbon Fiber rear license Panel