Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!
View Poll Results: Voltex or Pull fenders
Pull fenders
52.08%
Voltex
47.92%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Post pics of pulled rear fenders pls. (Voltex rears or pull rear fenders)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2006, 05:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Speed Element
$200 tops (by a professional)

any clue if 18x10 (+25) advan rs' on 255/35/18 will fit with that dramatic of a pull on the stock fenders?
Old Nov 21, 2006, 05:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Pulled fenders look like ***. Get the widebody kit.
Old Nov 21, 2006, 05:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sonicnofadz
Pulled fenders look like ***. Get the widebody kit.
despite the fact that it's the easiest way to run wider wheels/tires, i'm just not a fan of how "aftermarket" they look. i think, by looking at the pics of the GG IX on the previous page, you can pull the fenders just enough to clear more aggressive wheels and still preserve a clean, stock look.
Old Nov 21, 2006, 09:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Rich@Orbital
any clue if 18x10 (+25) advan rs' on 255/35/18 will fit with that dramatic of a pull on the stock fenders?
$600 got me pulled and rolled and repainted like this:

Name:  100_3147.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  38.0 KB

Name:  100_3160.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  39.7 KB

Its almost invisible unless you know what to look for and I still have a 1/2" of tire to fender clearance with 18 x 9.5 et 35 and 275's.
Old Nov 21, 2006, 11:25 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rich@Orbital
FWIW, I actually tested fitted an advan rs 18x10 +25 on my evo once. The inner rim came really close to the front coilover.. I would like to think it'd fit ok, but since there was no tires on the wheel.. its very hard to say.

As for the rear, the 18x10 +25 sticked out a bit.. apprx about 1/8" past the rear fender. You would probably need to pull a lot.

Hope this helps!

Cal
Old Nov 21, 2006, 11:26 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by JohnBradley
$600 got me pulled and rolled and repainted like this:

Its almost invisible unless you know what to look for and I still have a 1/2" of tire to fender clearance with 18 x 9.5 et 35 and 275's.
that looks fantastic!
Old Nov 22, 2006, 04:20 AM
Evolved Member

^ +1000

really clean!
Old Nov 22, 2006, 04:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
eh buy the Voltex kit. Pulling fenders can go really wrong and expensive if not done right.
Old Nov 22, 2006, 05:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
don't pull it have it rolled until it lips or if you're goin' real extreme then have the body shop cut slits and weld in new pieces to get the flare. this is if you're getting everything repainted.

otherwise careful pulling. in the end it's not that advisable to put the tires put without putting something to block the wind. it will only make you slow.
Old Nov 22, 2006, 06:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by trinydex
In the end it's not that advisable to put the tires out without putting something to block the wind. It will only make you slow.
I hope that statement was made in jest.

If you really think that having a small section of tire exposed from the fender will create enough drag to slow down the car, you must know nothing about aerodynamics.

Based on your theory, if by having a small bit of tire exposed, then F1 cars would be impossibly slow. By having their ENTIRE tire exposed, like a huge air-brake, they shouldn't be able to move at all, right?

Seriously, airflow will take the path of least resistance. Having a little tire poke will do NOTHING to effect the aerodynamics of your Evo at any speeds that you'll ever be driving it at. Getting the widest tire on the car to increase grip around a given track where speeds won't ever exceed roughly 120 mph, will do far more to increase the speed of the car than the small amount of poke would ever increase aerodynamic drag subsequently slowing it down.
Old Nov 22, 2006, 08:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Is it just me or do all of these pictures of pulled fenders like like bent up *** nastyness?
Old Nov 22, 2006, 08:52 AM
Evolving Member

am i not seeing what everyone else is seeing? i don't see any creases or cracks. only that GG evo with the obvious crease in his fender, but evodave's and the red evo doesn't look any different. what am i not seeing?
Old Nov 22, 2006, 09:13 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sonicnofadz
Is it just me or do all of these pictures of pulled fenders like like bent up *** nastyness?
The Voltex flares look even worse, I have only seen the flares done right once and that was on Cal's (Speedelement) evo, but that is because he has the whole kit. I think that the OP should just roll the fenders, if done right it will be almost impossible to see, like John Bradley's evo.
Old Nov 22, 2006, 10:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike@Forge
I hope that statement was made in jest.

If you really think that having a small section of tire exposed from the fender will create enough drag to slow down the car, you must know nothing about aerodynamics.

Based on your theory, if by having a small bit of tire exposed, then F1 cars would be impossibly slow. By having their ENTIRE tire exposed, like a huge air-brake, they shouldn't be able to move at all, right?

Seriously, airflow will take the path of least resistance. Having a little tire poke will do NOTHING to effect the aerodynamics of your Evo at any speeds that you'll ever be driving it at. Getting the widest tire on the car to increase grip around a given track where speeds won't ever exceed roughly 120 mph, will do far more to increase the speed of the car than the small amount of poke would ever increase aerodynamic drag subsequently slowing it down.
gee i'm glad f1 cars have SUCH good aerodynamic drag coefficients. it's not like 10 times worse than a BRICK OR ANYTHING.

f1 cars are open wheel (duh) they're drag coefficient is worse tahn an evo. oh that's right, worse than an evo. but OMG HOW you ask... in the interest of MAKING DOWNFORCE. a front wing makes more downforce and is more tunable than all the splitters and doodads hanging off your front end. and no... those tires are NOT doing anyone a favor hanging their open faces out into the wind.

what do i know, absolutely nothing about aerodynamics.

anyway, people running these cars at the track in japan found 30% better efficiency when running a TRUE widebody bumper because guiding air into a wall is a bad idea. but hey, maybe you'd like to put some perpendicular spats on the side of of your doors cuz it really doesn't matter. maybe on a good day you can catch some tail wind and sail a bit to save some gas!
Old Nov 22, 2006, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by trinydex
gee i'm glad f1 cars have SUCH good aerodynamic drag coefficients. it's not like 10 times worse than a BRICK OR ANYTHING.

f1 cars are open wheel (duh) they're drag coefficient is worse tahn an evo. oh that's right, worse than an evo. but OMG HOW you ask... in the interest of MAKING DOWNFORCE. a front wing makes more downforce and is more tunable than all the splitters and doodads hanging off your front end. and no... those tires are NOT doing anyone a favor hanging their open faces out into the wind.

what do i know, absolutely nothing about aerodynamics.

anyway, people running these cars at the track in japan found 30% better efficiency when running a TRUE widebody bumper because guiding air into a wall is a bad idea. but hey, maybe you'd like to put some perpendicular spats on the side of of your doors cuz it really doesn't matter. maybe on a good day you can catch some tail wind and sail a bit to save some gas!
You're taking my point way too literally.

All I'm saying is that for the use that most people will get from their cars, a little tire poke will make no noticeable difference in drag.

Quick Reply: Post pics of pulled rear fenders pls. (Voltex rears or pull rear fenders)