Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Voltex/APR Hybrid Widebody

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2006, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Voltex/APR Hybrid Widebody

I love the look of the Voltex front end, but don't really care for the rear over-fenders.

I love the look of the APR rear wide fenders, but I don't really care for their stock-looking front bumper.

SOOO . . . I was thinking, what if I used the Voltex front bumper, Garage HRS front fenders, APR side skirts, APR rear fenders, and APR rear bumper. That is IF APR would even sell the pieces individually. . .

How do y'all think that would look? Or is it pure blasphemy to mix and match body parts???

EVOlutionary
Old Dec 21, 2006, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
do it...I don't think it's wrong at all...maybe the mad tyte JDMers might but i dont
Old Dec 21, 2006, 02:38 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Where you come to vacation and go home on probation! Vegas!
Originally Posted by XK120
mad tyte JDMer

OT: That would make a good shirt
Old Dec 21, 2006, 02:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do it . . . . and let the English see you do it . . . .
Old Dec 21, 2006, 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I dont like the APR front much either
Old Dec 21, 2006, 02:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Tsurugi-san
Do it . . . . and let the English see you do it . . . .
lol

Might not be a bad idea to mix and match.
It might actually resemble Still Way evo look a little.
Old Dec 21, 2006, 05:48 PM

I was thinking about doing this as well. Was/still planning on getting APR skirts, rear fender assemblies, front fenders. Then add foam and bondo work onto the stock IX front to match the fenders and maybe stock rear as well and run the APR diffuser..... or get a fiberglass IX rear knockoff and just add onto that for a custom "IX Widebody" FTMFW!!!
Old Dec 21, 2006, 10:49 PM

looks real good
Old Dec 26, 2006, 02:49 AM
Account Disabled

Voltex

this is hiro..my advice...dont do it. voltex makes a kit that will make your car look so much better and run better... why buy some cheap knock off brand such as APR when theyre not even tested, it cracks and its made in china.... get the real deal... all the big shops use VOLTEX for a reason... AMS is going to be taking off their APR...and guess who theyre going for.... VOLTEX is track proven and really respected....also magazines love VOLTEX or hardcore JDM parts..=D ask any of my customers who recieved the voltex kit.. or any shop such as speed element, evasive motorsports...
Old Dec 26, 2006, 03:03 AM
Evolving Member

try to photoshop it and see how it'll look.
Old Dec 26, 2006, 03:59 AM
Evolving Member

I do like voltex but jondemand, APR has been in a LOT more magazines then Voltex. Also some of the fastest Time attack cars in j-land and usa alike run Apr GT wings. Food for thought? Also I believe the APR evo still holds the lateral G record on street tires.
you're kind of retarded for calling out Evasive motorsports, they are one of the biggest APR dealers in the nation and I am sure they will proudly back them. lol. Hell their white car was the test car I believe for lot of the newer EvoIX aero products!
I love jdm as much as anyone but uneducated bashing on a good domestic company is stupid.

Last edited by Paikman GTR; Dec 26, 2006 at 04:02 AM.
Old Dec 26, 2006, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
what's in magazines? show cars or race cars? i haven't seen ONE race only car in a magazine... why is that? ok maybe one...

in japan it's a different story. voltex pwns all japan magazines and they do feature race only cars.

that said... it doesn't matter. they're body panels. a wide body is a wide body. that's just the fact of it. cross sectional area will increase. the apr widebody is fine. what's not fine is the front bumper for it. that can easily be changed.

what's great about voltex? quality, they make a $3000 bumper that has all the doodads on it

http://www.socalevo.net/forum/index.php?topic=34776.0

http://www.socalevo.net/forum/index.php?topic=34834.0

but if you wad it up that's a 3000 dollar bumper. now in all honestly WHO THE **** IS GONNA WAD UP A 3k BUMPER ON THE RACE TRACK IN AMERICA?? no one. so you only see it on ***** *** show cars that slow down for bumper and have pogo sticks for dampers. when you wad up the voltex you wad up the undertray the bumper and possibly the canards also, that thing is assembled as one piece and to get those pieces individually is likely not easy nor economical.

this is where something like the apr with a custom undertray that stretches all the way back and is secured to the crash beam mounting points with either rods of cables is more than enough for anyone.

as for ams changing they had problems with their aero not working in the right combination... so that's just going to be part of their r&d
Old Jan 5, 2007, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JondemandSales
why buy some cheap knock off brand such as APR when theyre not even tested, it cracks and its made in china.... get the real deal... all the big shops use VOLTEX for a reason... AMS is going to be taking off their APR...and guess who theyre going for.... VOLTEX is track proven and really respected....also magazines love VOLTEX or hardcore JDM parts..=D ask any of my customers who recieved the voltex kit.. or any shop such as speed element, evasive motorsports...
i almost didnt agree with you till i really read your reply. I agree with this 100%
Old Jan 5, 2007, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by trinydex

but if you wad it up that's a 3000 dollar bumper. now in all honestly WHO THE **** IS GONNA WAD UP A 3k BUMPER ON THE RACE TRACK IN AMERICA?? no one.
Jesus your angry
Old Jan 5, 2007, 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
nope... just realistic

Quick Reply: Voltex/APR Hybrid Widebody