Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Best Sun Shade for an EVO??? What do you use??

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2006, 01:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Best Sun Shade for an EVO??? What do you use??

Well I want to keep my seats looking nice and not faded. So I am looking for some nice sun shades. One to put in the windshield and a few more to cover the seats and rear seat......

I was searching and found that there is a OEM mitsu one, but is it a piece of crap?? Cover craft ones are 50 bucks.....what are you guys using?? pics please and criticisms on it.....like I know some are too thin, or have bad fit, or whatever.

Let us know what you got, how much, and what is good/bad about it
Old Dec 25, 2006, 01:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tint the windows and any sun shade will work, I use one from autozone that fits real well. Mine untwists into 2 big shades, then once your done using them you twist them together and they fit perfect right under the seat, you never see 'em.

- sorry if that whole twisting thing doesnt make sense, I dont know how else to explain how they work....kinda like those tents that you throw out and automatically pop up cause they have wires in them....sorry little too much eggnog
Old Dec 25, 2006, 01:42 PM
Evolved Member

here in cali they pull u over for tint.....so i only got sun shades as a choice.....I'd rather get a thicker UV protectant folding kind.....I know of the twisting kind you are talking about, but I want something to cover the seats too....looks kinda ghetto when i have like five jackets over the seats rofl
Old Dec 25, 2006, 04:36 PM
Evolved Member

Just get tint
Old Dec 25, 2006, 04:56 PM
Evolved Member

i tint the sides and rear window
the front gets one from an autoparts store
Old Dec 25, 2006, 07:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JDMevoBOOST
here in cali they pull u over for tint.....so i only got sun shades as a choice.....I'd rather get a thicker UV protectant folding kind.....I know of the twisting kind you are talking about, but I want something to cover the seats too....looks kinda ghetto when i have like five jackets over the seats rofl

Im from So Cal originally so I can see why you'd be paranoid about the cops but I have always had "illegal" tint on all my vehicles and will continue to do so because the benefits out weigh the consequences. I dont think you really have to worry about the cops hassling you unless your an a$$h_le of a driver and you give them a reason to pull you over. But I do understand your dilemma and hope you can find a reasonable solution good luck
Old Dec 25, 2006, 10:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ries
Im from So Cal originally so I can see why you'd be paranoid about the cops but I have always had "illegal" tint on all my vehicles and will continue to do so because the benefits out weigh the consequences. I dont think you really have to worry about the cops hassling you unless your an a$$h_le of a driver and you give them a reason to pull you over. But I do understand your dilemma and hope you can find a reasonable solution good luck
Yeah i have had 15% tint on all my cars, been pulled over in all of them at least once and never ever gotten a tint ticket...Just don't drive like an assh*le and be polite..i never had a problem and trust me New York cops are corrupt as hell!
Old Dec 27, 2006, 04:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JDMevoBOOST
Well I want to keep my seats looking nice and not faded. So I am looking for some nice sun shades. One to put in the windshield and a few more to cover the seats and rear seat......

I was searching and found that there is a OEM mitsu one, but is it a piece of crap?? Cover craft ones are 50 bucks.....what are you guys using?? pics please and criticisms on it.....like I know some are too thin, or have bad fit, or whatever.

Let us know what you got, how much, and what is good/bad about it

Yo hommie empty your mailbox........I have pics for you.