Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Anyone have pics of a evo ix on 19'' or 20'' rims

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2007, 01:44 PM
mot
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i HATE this thread
Old Jun 12, 2007, 02:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this thread hates you..
Old Jun 12, 2007, 04:25 PM

DONT WORRY ABOUT THE HATERS bro. You do you and what make you happy. IMO Theres nothing wrong with placing 19's on an Evo. Im sure the next gen Evo people will be putting 19's on it as well in time.
20's are alittle to big in dimension for the size of the car but Im not going to hate. Just consider how functional it will be and I would look closley at the weight of the rim you choose. Good luck.

BTW I am getting 19's on my Evo soon so you will not be alone.
Just keep your stock wheels just in case you ever want to take it on the track.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 04:31 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
big pimpin! lol
Old Jun 12, 2007, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by jkim2001
with the exception of a few cars here, 19"/20" are just plain ugly and not functional.

okay, I am noticing a pattern here and hope this does not offend people of other races but why in the hell do Mexicans and African americans have THE worst taste in wheels and upgrades? For example:

Giovanni barbados wheels on any car
chrome trim on fenders
color match everything interior (I mean everything)

I remember seeing an evo at a local tuner shop and looking at it I kinda thought, man, that is one ugly evo (it had unnamed wheels and exterior mods). Guess who it belonged to? An african american.

Also, I can point to a car based on the wheels and exterior mods rolling on the street and say, "a Mexican or African-american owns that car". And when I pull up to the car, I am about approx 90% correct. And don't get me started on African Americans in their strange colored (red, yellow, green, orange or neon blue) and ill fitting suits.

So my brothas, what IS the story?

Keeping it real you are wrong....not all Mexicans and African americans have THE worst taste in wheels and upgrades?
Some Mexicans and African Americans have style and taste. Its not about their color that determines their taste its their backround / personality / and character. Some people grew up in a certain environment so thats all they know but you can't knock them for that.
If you don't like their style then maybe you should take the time out your day and give them some positive advise instead of talking down about them.
Im sure at one point of time you did not have the best tast in the world. It all came in time.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 05:15 PM
Evolving Member

Jkim2001: Just FYI all races have bad taste not just African Americans and/or Mexicans. Also just cause someone looks brown doesn't mean they are Mexican. I just hate it when people assume all brown people are Mexicans.

Back on topic. If the guy wants 19's then let him have it, its his car and unless you guys are paying for the rims then don't trip, its his money. Not everyone here is a track *****, some like to cruise and other like to show it off. Everyone is different, let him have his 19's and show him so pics if you have any.

Last edited by glomeli; Jun 12, 2007 at 05:20 PM.
Old Jun 14, 2007, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by fr34k

Here's my 19x9 +35
it's for sale btw if you're interested..
Pm me!
What rims is that?
Old Jun 14, 2007, 08:00 AM
Evolved Member

Those TE37s look awesome.
Old Jun 14, 2007, 01:00 PM
Evolving Member

i like the g force reader, how much is your max?
Old Jun 14, 2007, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jkim2001
with the exception of a few cars here, 19"/20" are just plain ugly and not functional.

okay, I am noticing a pattern here and hope this does not offend people of other races but why in the hell do Mexicans and African americans have THE worst taste in wheels and upgrades? For example:

Giovanni barbados wheels on any car
chrome trim on fenders
color match everything interior (I mean everything)

I remember seeing an evo at a local tuner shop and looking at it I kinda thought, man, that is one ugly evo (it had unnamed wheels and exterior mods). Guess who it belonged to? An african american.

Also, I can point to a car based on the wheels and exterior mods rolling on the street and say, "a Mexican or African-american owns that car". And when I pull up to the car, I am about approx 90% correct. And don't get me started on African Americans in their strange colored (red, yellow, green, orange or neon blue) and ill fitting suits.

So my brothas, what IS the story?
I'm not going to lie, I've noticed the sameee thing.
Old Jun 14, 2007, 02:01 PM
Evolving Member

I personally don't think 19's look bad, as long as you get a good tire size. To each their own. I don't have 19's on my car I have 18's and when I race I use 17's.
Old Jul 29, 2007, 01:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by vmrevo9

these are G-Games 99B 19x8.5" +25mm offset with eibach prokit springs
that looks like the evo from tokyo drift.
Old Jul 29, 2007, 02:19 AM

my evo on volks GT-7 19x8.5 +36mm

Last edited by ChanseEvo8; Jul 29, 2007 at 02:23 AM.
Old Jul 29, 2007, 09:08 AM
Evolving Member

I'm sure a lot of people have seen my car before

Old Jul 29, 2007, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by evo8marlon
Keeping it real you are wrong....not all Mexicans and African americans have THE worst taste in wheels and upgrades?
Some Mexicans and African Americans have style and taste. Its not about their color that determines their taste its their backround / personality / and character. Some people grew up in a certain environment so thats all they know but you can't knock them for that.
If you don't like their style then maybe you should take the time out your day and give them some positive advise instead of talking down about them.
Im sure at one point of time you did not have the best tast in the world. It all came in time.
The original comment was just made in pure ignorance and is stereotyping...thats all I can classify it as.

Last edited by codgi; Jul 29, 2007 at 09:55 AM.

Quick Reply: Anyone have pics of a evo ix on 19'' or 20'' rims