Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Rota P45R Wheel thread!!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2007 | 02:25 PM
Evolved Member

I was told 5mm works for some and not for others. I opted for the 8mm and in case, 5mm provides too little clearance that was too close for comfort.

Man you guys are seriously ****, lol. These wheels are made for the 350z, but fit the evo. Isn't verification of them fitting good enough? It's always going to be trial and error to make them work properly for your specific suspension setup. There is no magical equation that will fix everything. It requires trial and error of the following parameters (and then some) in this particular order:

1) change spring progression through corner balancing
2) static ride height
3) camber
4) caster
5) toe

Caster on our cars is already set at +3.6 which is pretty extreme already so need to change that. All these numbers will affect fitment in terms of rubbing or feathering of the wheels one way or another, static ride height and camber especially. Ie, increasing negative camber will allow one to run at a lower static ride height. For a "quick fix" one can increase negative camber by 0.5° all around as that should fix feathering all together. Of course, changing camber changes toe so be sure to follow the order of adjustments above.
Old Feb 5, 2007 | 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

I know there is not magic equation but when it comes to spending the money for rims and tires I want to make sure a head of time. Trial and error is not an option for me. I mean why even belong to these forums if you cant get info? And I actually gained a lot through PMs brought on by my posts so I am happy.
Old Feb 5, 2007 | 05:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TURBevO8
Really? Well can you please post up! Not to be a pain but I am **** when it comes to my car and this stretch shown here is just way too bad. And I dont want to run 265s if I dont have to as most say they barely rub, but still rub none the less. Also they cost a lot and throw crap all over the side of your car and I do not want to run mudflaps. Also, what brand/style of tire are you running? Some tires have thicker sidewalls that make the tire look wider when they really have the same 255mm contact patch. Thanks Bean!!
I get my car back Wednesday after work, so it'll be dark. I'll take some quick pics of how it is before the fender rolling on Thurday. I should have good pics and a nice thread up by saturday. Stay tuned!
Old Feb 5, 2007 | 06:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by silex
I was told 5mm works for some and not for others. I opted for the 8mm and in case, 5mm provides too little clearance that was too close for comfort.

Man you guys are seriously ****, lol. These wheels are made for the 350z, but fit the evo. Isn't verification of them fitting good enough? It's always going to be trial and error to make them work properly for your specific suspension setup. There is no magical equation that will fix everything. It requires trial and error of the following parameters (and then some) in this particular order:

1) change spring progression through corner balancing
2) static ride height
3) camber
4) caster
5) toe

Caster on our cars is already set at +3.6 which is pretty extreme already so need to change that. All these numbers will affect fitment in terms of rubbing or feathering of the wheels one way or another, static ride height and camber especially. Ie, increasing negative camber will allow one to run at a lower static ride height. For a "quick fix" one can increase negative camber by 0.5° all around as that should fix feathering all together. Of course, changing camber changes toe so be sure to follow the order of adjustments above.
I'm curious, where can you find 8mm spacers??
I can find 5mm,10mm,20mm but not 8mm.
Are they evo hub-centric or universal type?
Old Feb 5, 2007 | 08:00 PM
Evolved Member

Unfortunately they are non hubcentric. I got them as part of a package deal from subydude.com when I bought my p45r's.
Old Feb 7, 2007 | 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

Bump to remind like 6 guys that promised to post pics this week to post up!
Old Feb 7, 2007 | 09:26 AM
Evolving Member

The mechanic that was working on my car at the dealership was out sick yesterday, so my car won't be ready till tomorrow.....

Pics up this weekend
Old Feb 7, 2007 | 09:29 AM
Evolved Member

Can someone please fix the pics that were in this thread that no longer work... I enjoyed dreaming of wheels on my car, and there were so many configurations to look at...
Old Feb 7, 2007 | 11:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Peteypab2133
Can someone please fix the pics that were in this thread that no longer work... I enjoyed dreaming of wheels on my car, and there were so many configurations to look at...
bump on that
Old Feb 7, 2007 | 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TURBevO8
For reference here is what 255/35s will look like on a 9.5" wide rim such as the P45Rs with Tanabe GF-210s. I dont think it looks right. 265s are a must IMO.

I run 235/40's on mine and they dont even look this stretched! These look like 235/30/18 tires!! yikes!

Old Feb 7, 2007 | 04:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Peteypab2133
Workin on it!! Getting the pictures rehosted....
Old Feb 7, 2007 | 07:00 PM
Evolved Member

EVOtagger:

Not sure but on the thread I found those pics he said he was running 255/35R18s. I know I have seen 245/40R18 RT-615s on many ADVAN RGII and RS rims and they look way too narrow. But it seems 245s dont look too bad on these rims even though they are 1/2" wider than the ADVANS. Maybe it is just the shape of the wheel and the drop many of you guys are running that makes things look the way it does. I hope I see these in person at Carlisle this year and maybe some other places. It is probably a good idea to see anything in person before buying (if it is a big purchase).
Old Feb 8, 2007 | 06:35 AM
Evolved Member

I believe it has a lot to do with brand of tire as well. Some tires will be wider than others even if the size on the tires is the same. I know BFG's run a little wider than most tires.

It's kind of like shoes. Some shoe companies sizes run smaller than other companies.
Old Feb 8, 2007 | 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

Well I think the whole thing is the amount of tread stays the same on all brands, or the contact patch if you want to call it that, but there are other factors that make the tire appear wider. One example could be varying thicknesses in sidewalls. That alone could make a tire wider but still have the same width tread as a tire that overall is narrower.

That is why I want to see pics! So I can find the right combo that looks right and is still totally functional without rubbing or throwing rocks up the side of your car or any problems.
Old Feb 8, 2007 | 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by koffebean00
Workin on it!! Getting the pictures rehosted....
thanks for keeping us updated, now get back to working on it!!!

Those pictures might help subydude get more business , from me of course

Quick Reply: Rota P45R Wheel thread!!